Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vinny Caravella

Person » credited in 2 games

Vincent Caravella is one of the original members of Giant Bomb. He served as the sites lead video producer and host of the Giant Beastcast until his departure in 2021.

Quench your Caravellacast thirst for an evening

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nodima

The 404 Show (CNET)

Giant Bomb's video overlord Vinny Caravella joins Jeff [Bakalar] to talk about Nintendo's new platform, the death of Internet Explorer, PIXELS the movie and a few hotly anticipated games coming our way very soon.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

These days, I'll take a Vinnycast wherever I can get it.

And for those who missed it, he did another dadcast with a whole bunch of people a couple weeks ago. "Vinny Caravella, Rich Gallup, Chris Kohler, Eric Pope, Will Smith, and special mom guest Regina Wu." Here's the page to the whole series!

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
    Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Vinny

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I got SO happy when Vinny said he and Alex were working on getting a GBE podcast going. I know a lot of people expected it to happen, but I hadn't seen any official word myself.

More Vinny is good Vinny

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By probablytuna

Fuck, didn't know they recorded the PAX one, now I have to watch it!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That was a pretty good listen and it was nice hearing Vinny in podcast form again.

Can't wait, CANNOT WAIT, until Vinny and Alex start 'casting it up on the regular from their new office (once they get settled in of course).

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

About to start listening, miss Vinny talk guys, I really really miss it...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Vinny being on the podcast every week. Thanks I'll listen to this on my way home from work today.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

my god I miss Vinny so much :(

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't know much about Jeff, but he's a Kabal fan so he's a-ok.

And as soon as the salaryman conversation turned racist and horrible, I realized how excited I am to get that GBeast podcast some day.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

It was great to hear Vinny, awesome news that they are trying to put together a podcast from the BEAST, didn't care for the podcast as a whole. Vinny is at his best when he is freestylin', crackin jokes about his wife and just in general let loose on whatever topics he wants to talk about. We got a little of that but they talked about some topics forever and it got oddly boring for me. Could've been that I didn't care all that much for Jeff but that could just be me. Tonight I'm gonna watch the Dadcast that I totally forgot about, sad that Dave couldn't make it to hear about his experience before the kid would be born but there is always next time.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope Jeff Bakalar has Vinny and Alex on the 404 more often. I used to listen to The 404 way back in the day. It was one of the first podcasts I listened too. Hell they should just hire Jeff. Hes a really cool guy. Or just move him over a room.

I really enjoyed the two podcasts they've done together so I hope this continues.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaLe

Does anyone know the name of the movie Vinny was talking about? The dystopian virtual reality one Alex told him about.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why is everyone saying they miss Vinny? He just skipped some bombcasts right? Or am I missing something?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That was great! Other dude seems pretty chill.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaLe

@gamefreak9 said:

Why is everyone saying they miss Vinny? He just skipped some bombcasts right? Or am I missing something?

Speaking for myself, I miss his interactions with the others, both on the Bombcast and in video content. (I'm assuming you already know he's no longer living in California and has moved to New York)

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
    TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yeah it's weird, like he does QLs all the time with Alex but I guess until we see him more often on video it doesn't feel the same as it used to be. Though I think most people forget that before a couple years ago we hardly ever saw Vinny on video.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to every Bombcast and read every article on here, but only ever watch Quick Looks if I'm really, really interested in a game. Vinny might as well not exist! I miss him!

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamefreak9 said:

I listen to every Bombcast and read every article on here, but only ever watch Quick Looks if I'm really, really interested in a game. Vinny might as well not exist! I miss him!

You should consider watching the GBEast quick looks and other video content. I watch them 50% for the actual game and 50% for Vinny & Alex crackin' wise.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the twist that Vinny is actually building the studio and just talking through the ventilation?

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.