Overview Virtua Tennis 3
is the third installment of the Virtua Tennis
franchise developed and published by Sega. It features twenty top professional players such as Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis and Nicole Vaidisova. The game features a myraid of single and multiplayer modes, including twelve mini-games
, a well established feature lifted from past games in the franchise. The game's iconic World Tour mode returns, where the player creates a character and leads them through multiple tournaments in their bid to become world #1. Other single player modes include exhibiton and tournament modes, the former of which can also be played with up to three other players. Multiplayer-exclusive modes include twelve minigames ranging from a ten-pin bowling spin off to a Takeshi's Castle
boulder dash like game, where the player must avoid being hit by giant tennis balls which come rolling down a hill.
- World Tour
- Court Games
When played in world tour mode each mini game is used to raise different player's skills, which are divided into four groups:
Virtua Tennis 3
- Serving (Speed, Control)
- Footwork ( Rushing To The Net, Lateral Movement, Turning)
- Stroke (Power, Angle, Control with separate levels for Back/Forehand)
- Volleying (the sam as above)
includes 12 mini games:
- Alen Attack - drive off the attacking aliens. Drive off the advancng aliens with groundstrokes. Press the shot button early to increase power. Aim to make sure you hit all the aliens.
- Drum Topple - knock the target oil drums to the ground. Hit the ball at the oil drum stacks and knock out the red ones. Press the shot button as early as possible for more power.
- Panic Balloon - pop the target balloons. The target balloons are marked with arrows that show the way the ball will bounce. Try to antocopate where the ball's going and get there fast.
- Count Mania - hit the boards in right order. Starting with 1, hit the boards in sequence to count to the specified number. You'll need to be fast.
- Prize Defender - protect valuable prizes from the artillery. Return the balls fired by the artillery and try to keep the minimum nuber of prizes on the stand. Watch where the gun aims and move fast!
- Super Bingo - hit panels with the ball and get bingo. The numbered panels move across the surface of the court. Hit them with the ball to get bingo.
- Pin Crusher - knock down the bowling pins with your serve. Knock down as many pins as possible. Aim for the ceter pin and moderate your power.
- Avalanche - catch the fruits while dodging the giant balls. Watch the giant balls and stay out of their way. Change direction too fast and you'll turn slowly - so change gradually.
- Balloon Sniper - fire your serve at the rising balloons. Pop the inflated balloons before they float away. Some balloons will move unpredictably, so time your shots carefully.
- Bull's Eye - hit the center of the circle with the ball. With a return volley, aim for the center of the circle. Direct the ball by adjusting how long you aim.
- Feeding Time - stop tha alligator from getting the meat chops. The alligators are after the meat chops. Hit the spool with the ball to wind in tha alligators and keep the maximum number of meatchops from them.
- Court Curling - knock the stone into the scoring zone. Hit the stones with the ball and knock them into the scoring zones - but don't knock them off the edge.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista
- Processor: Pentium 4 @ 2 GHz
- RAM Memory: 512MB Ram
- Hard Drive: 3.9GB
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 9600 or higher / Nvidia Geforce FX 5900 or higher