Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Visceral Games

Company »

Visceral Games was an internal development studio for EA, best known for their Dead Space series. The company was shut down by EA on October 17th, 2017.

Entire staff at Visceral Montreal laid off.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After completing their latest game, Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel, the entire staff working on the game has been laid off. This was confirmed by

Mark D'Amico on twitter, as reported by Gameinformer.

Sucks that all these lay offs are still happening.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

why would you do this before the game comes out? I mean come on, this practically telegraphs the fact that the game is garbage.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

why would you do this before the game comes out? I mean come on, this practically telegraphs the fact that the game is garbage.

A fair point. No patches or DLC forthcoming then, I would assume.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man this industry is rough. Feel bad for the guys who lost their jobs.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Fuck... so many people are in the free agent pool. It's getting ridiculous.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Man, EA, you guys are EXPERTS at building up goodwill with gamers and then fucking lighting it on fire in front of them. Remember 4 years ago, EA? You motherfuckers were on TOP! Dead Space, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins. Incredible, generation-defining games. And now look at you. Doing coke on the bathroom floor, opening studios and then closing them as soon as they finish making a game. You're a mess. Get help. Before you hurt the ones you love the most...yourselves.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Meltac

@mariachimacabre said:

Man, EA, you guys are EXPERTS at building up goodwill with gamers and then fucking lighting it on fire in front of them. Remember 4 years ago, EA? You motherfuckers were on TOP! Dead Space, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins. Incredible, generation-defining games. And now look at you. Doing coke on the bathroom floor, opening studios and then closing them as soon as they finish making a game. You're a mess. Get help. Before you hurt the ones you love the most...yourselves.

If they would just realize that somewhere deep down in our hearts we still love them, so they could get their head out of their ass :-((((((((((((((

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Seems kinda ridiculous to me that these companies are pushing out a new generation of consoles while the industry is falling apart around them.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mariachimacabre said:

You must have a ridiculously short memory. Tell that to Pandemic, Maxis, Westwood, or the numbers of other studios that EA has acquired and dissolved over the past decades.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is incredibly depressing.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cmblasko

@morningstar said:

@animasta said:

A fair point. No patches or DLC forthcoming then, I would assume.

Not necessarily; they could be handing over post-launch support responsibilities to someone else before unceremoniously dumping them as well.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@deathstriker666: If it wasn't obvious, I was specifically referring to the period when their stated goal was to produce great, original games and rid themselves of their bad reputation among players.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@animasta said:

I know some people (on these forums, even) that like this series, but let's be real: 95% of the people that will be buying this new Army of Two game are meatheads who don't follow gaming news and almost certainly will not ever hear about Visceral Montreal's staff getting laid off.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@deathstriker666: If it wasn't obvious, I was specifically referring to the period when their stated goal was to produce great, original games and rid themselves of their bad reputation among players.

I remember that year. Good times.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Can't say I had high hopes for another Army of Two game, but firing the entire staff right after they finish a product is usually a very clear sign to stay well away from it.

Avatar image for captain_tolerable
    Captain_Tolerable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

With a preorder bonus of "Play as rap superstars BoB and Big Boi!" I don't see how this game will be a failure at all.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That game is going to be great for sure...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.