Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viva Piñata

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 09, 2006

A simulation game in which players transform a neglected plot of land into a lush garden in order to attract various piñata animals and encourage them to become residents on your land.

Viva Pinata on Windows 10

Nograe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, I've installed Viva Pinata and GFWL, and now I'm trying to start the game. When I execute the Startup.exe, I can see the game loading with the "Microsoft Game Studios" screen appearing, then the screen is going blank and.. everything shuts down. Thank you for your help.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for starters Games for Windows Live died in 2013 and was replaced with Xbox Live games. I also had no idea Viva Pinata was on Windows 10, I searched in my store and found nothing. So I guess you're not using the American store. So I can't really help you. I would recommend going to the Microsoft technical support site and posting this there.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@casepb: Its not on the windows store. If you have a physical copy of the game you can still play it off that. It still won't solve the GFWL issue though.

Nograe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I copied the iso files from my windows 7 pc and managed to install it on my windows 10 laptop. I have no issues with GFWL now, the game is not launching so..

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you try launching it with comanatilty mode for windows 7?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure this game doesn't work anymore since it was reliant on GFWL

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

This Reddit post says you need the latest version of the GFWL Marketplace. Which sounds right, seems like the game is trying to connect to something that no longer exists, when it can't find it, it does a CTD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.