Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Voxatron

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Oct 31, 2011

An arena shooter set in a completely destructible voxel world. Being developed for Mac, PC, and Linux

Post your Voxatron arcade high scores!

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ShaolinSpade

Since the quick look I've been pretty addicted to this game but now I want to make it competitive! So post your arcade high scores or your high scores for a specific map if you want to open it up.

An amazing high score of 4892!
    An amazing high score of 4892!
    shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shaunk

Man you make my "high" scores look like garbage!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
    deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

inb4 Nintendo Power reference.

brisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brisk
    No Caption Provided

God damn, that was an epic fight!

erikpuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By erikpuk
    No Caption Provided

Just cracked 7000 for the first time! My strategy is getting pretty intense:

1) Number one priority: DON'T GET HURT
    2) Seriously, focus on not getting hurt
    3) The +100 point full health bonus is your friend
    4) The bonus multiplier + the health bonus is REALLY your friend
    5) Go for the sushi
    6) Grab the cholate when you can
    7) Seriously, don't get hurt. It's never worth risking it, because you will lose the chance to get a +100 bonus
    8) If you get the sword of fortune, your new top priority is KEEP IT.
    9) Go fast. Aim true. Gun powerups help for this.
    9b) Use diagonal shooting to move less, and kill faster.
    10) Learn how to avoid stiltmen.
    11) Learn how to strafe around a hoarde of red grunts and take them out.
    12) When fighting a heterogenous throng of enemies, focus on the stiltmen first, then the dillos, then the red grunts. Basically take them out in order of who can get to you the quickest.

I can pretty reliably get to the stage where they start dumping like 10 stiltmen on you. You can get to that point if you can handle two simultaneous stiltmen, which is just really practice and learning how to avoid their beams (and a little luck). But when you've got that swarm of enemies in the middle of the screen, and those 10 stilties spawn, it comes down to A) preparation: did you maintain your health? do you have a sword of fortune? have you been going fast, so there are fewer enemies to contend with? and B) luck of powerups. You need to hold them long enough to get a bomb, which is not always an easy feat.

BUT, in this particular battle I screenshot, I had four health points, and a bomb spawned right in the middle of a huge swarm of enemies, and I just ran straight into them and BOOM, a mass explosion of enemies around me, one single health point left. I then slipped out of the bloodbath, and got another few loops around the arena, grabbed another sword of fortune, and dispatched a few more baddies before I finally met the maker.

Frickin' intense.

I think it is possible to make it past this stage though. I need to get to the next level of agilty avoiding that massive stream of the collective stiltmen, and get better at darting through enemies to grab health during the bloodbath.

I think it is possible.

I wil try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.