Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

War of the Roses

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 28, 2012

Team-based multiplayer action set in 15th century England.

Versus mount and blade?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Questionable

Anyone experienced enough to compare this with mount and blade?

For some reason the quicklook for this really grabbed, so much that I plan on purchasing and devoting my weekend to this game.

The mount and blade QL did not look anywhere as appealing due to the constant instant-deaths but pretty much all google results say that mount and blade is the better game.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the main differences are?

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dezztroy

I prefer the combat in this. A big reason is that M&B doesn't simulate armor at all, it simply slaps a damage reduction number on it and leaves it at that. Also M&B lacks the ability to hit multiple targets with one attack, no matter how large your weapon is.

And of course this doesn't have graphics from the 90s.

lexyz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lexyz123

I pre-ordered the game from steam, if you were grabbed by the game by all means buy, but... when you play remember this: the game is VERY HARD on new players, the combat even if its more complete than Mount & Blade can make you really angry when your 2 handed sword doesnt do any damage against a leather armor wearing archer, YOU MUST have a good internet connection if you really want to enjoy the game to the fullest (like in the QL), the lack of single-player its a major let-down.

If you can bypass all those troubles im guessing you will enjoy it a lot. If you dont, then i hope you can wait for mount & blade 2 (was announced a little while ago).

Cheers, Mate. ;)

mustardfacial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mustardfacial

This game has bird armour. That is reason enough to get it.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.