Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

War World: Tactical Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 01, 2008

Gear up as Ubisoft brings this furious third-person mech combat game to the Xbox Live Arcade.

What happened to this game?

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

If you look at this article, ironically by Brad, this game was suposed to come out late last year. 

Well its finally coming out tomorrow. 

Anybody going to get it? 
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HazBazz

Never even heared of it before now

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Player1

Yeah I learned about it watching on the spot, then never heard about it again. Every once and awhile I would check to see if there was a release date, and around february I just gave up. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Vaxadrin told me about it in IRC last night. I thought it was Vaporware. I'll... get it.

Edit: Oh, it's XBLA. I'll have to demo it then. No PC free-demo for me XD

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Yeah, I'm curious why it isn't on Live yet.  It was a great little PC game that ran on UT2004 engine.  Very sharp, fast-paced shooting game.  We have it on the computer up here at our gaming center.

http://www.warworld.net/index.htm

There's no demo of the game, unfortunately.  Still, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and for being an indie game, it's one of the better shooters out there.  It would fit well on 360, and if it hit XBLA, that would be a HUGE edition and really show what you can do with Arcade.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Player1
    jakob187 said:
    "Yeah, I'm curious why it isn't on Live yet.  It was a great little PC game that ran on UT2004 engine.  Very sharp, fast-paced shooting game.  We have it on the computer up here at our gaming center.
    http://www.warworld.net/index.htm

There's no demo of the game, unfortunately.  Still, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and for being an indie game, it's one of the better shooters out there.  It would fit well on 360, and if it hit XBLA, that would be a HUGE edition and really show what you can do with Arcade.
    "
    Good to hear. I might pick this one up to review. I'm not sure if I have time right now though. 
    Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jigen

Supposedly this one uses a brand new engine, and features a lot of improvements from the PC version.  I still have to try the demo first though.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Player1

Yep, I'm trying the demo as well. The graphics look very good for a live arcade game. They would have blown our mind back in sept-08. Now with games like braid and bionic commando, they are kinda average. Still might be the best yet though. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.