Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Favourite stuff?

Avatar image for definitelysacha
    definitelysacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys!

So I originally played last summer and dropped the game after maybe 2 months. I didn't get a whole lot done, mostly gathered some random guns that looked cool and picked up some warframe pieces. No completed primes of any sort. Picking this game back up again after a spell, I've kinda lost touch of all the things I wanted to accomplish the first time (which was "do everything.") With that in mind, and less time to invest, I'd like to reorganise myself to aim for some more specific things. =D

So hey, what are your favourite warframes, guns, stages you enjoy frequenting, all that? I know there are some commonly favoured things, I'd like to aim for some of those.

I'll go first.

Warframes: I've only tried Excalibur, Rhino, Trinity and Loki, with Rhino being my favourite mostly because I figured out how to make him tanky. I've always wanted a Frost and, more recently, Atlas for similar tanky reasons. Hydroid is on my list mostly for how he apparently is great for farming. I haven't identified a gangster DPS warframe yet, maybe Ember or Nova? I used to want a Mesa but it's proving a pain to get those Alad V coords.

Rifles: I'm madly in love with my Quanta. It's the only gun I've used a catalyst on so far. Used to run with Latron or Boltor commonly. Got myself a Tonkor to raise up because I heard that one is lots of fun. Almost have all the bits to make a Paris Prime so I'm looking forward to that. I've tried a few others but they aren't coming to mind.

Sidearms: Atomos, Despair and Marelok are my favourites. That Marelok helped me get through some tough times and the Atomos is brilliant when facing Infested, I find.

Melee: I favoured Dual Zoren and the Dual Cleavers for a long time because they complimented my Excaliber's laser sword powers. I've heard of the Nikana which I'm building presently.

Stages: I've spent an awful lot of time in Coba on Earth, since it's an easy 20k credits if the gang holds up. I need a better way of making credits though, cuz those are draining really fast while I'm constructing a lot of things. I've discovered that my Rhino and quanta can solo with relative ease in T1, and some T2, so I've been burning some really old keys. Gotta branch out.

Archwing: I haven't touched that in ages but it still looks cool. Got the bp to the Odonata prime just the other day so my interest is rekindled somewhat.

As a final note, I wonder if it might be an idea to sorta put up a list of the prime parts that I have that fellow clan guys could use, though if -I- have them then there's a great chance that the rest of you have 'em spilling out of your pockets.

Good hunting!

Seinenfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I started playing last year on ps4, stopped, then returned a few months back on PC when I got my new rig. Also stopped playing after 40-odd hours for various reasons but got stuff done way quicker since I knew what I was doing this time.

My advice for weapons and frames is just try out whatever you can make and see how you like it. Most of my fun with the game has come from always having new stuff to try. My own experience with warframes that you haven't used:

mag - excellent vs corpus, has a cheap and effective CC, good for bosses

Volt - good for soloing due to high speed, which also makes it good for melee

Nyx - I love this frame so much, CC is very good (unless it was nerfed at some point). Super fun to use as you get to mind control enemies or just make them all attack each other, which in survival makes for a whole lot of beautiful chaos.

For farming credits, have a google and you'll find the most efficient uses of your time. I personally just do whatever survival and defence stuff comes up as I'm going through planets, though if I want to do a big farming session I'll go into chat and find someone who's doing void stuff. The community generally seems pretty helpful so sometimes if you're partied up with a higher level player they'll just take you through some higher end stuff for a while and you'll rack up the credits and resources.

I kind of want to get back into it now...

definitelysacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the suggestions! I suppose I would inevitably fall into "try everything" but there's more stuff, evidently, than I am aware of and I always prefer a recommendation over the Market Thumbnail or whatever. As much as I like research, I find myself obsessing lately and I want to rein it in a little, cuz that's always my recipe for MMO burnout.

I got back into warframe after seeing The Division coverage lately. I always prefer not spending money where I can so I figured it would scratch that shooter and slow-grind itch that The Division reminded me of.

Seinenfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I saw the division and thought "I'd rather just play warframe".

I never got deep enough to get weapons that weren't just market BPs (never got enough parts to make a prime), so I can't rec much that's not in the market, and I've used a lot of stuff you've said you have. I will say that if you haven't put maxed out speed trigger on your boltor you haven't lived.

Also if you haven't noticed and read up on it, "coptering" got taken out, which still saddens me because I found it immensely fun, but there are other ways to traverse maps quickly now.

definitelysacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like we got to similar points when we both jumped off. I have the extra stuff that I have thanks to a generous player that gave me access to Dojo stuff before I knew the value of any of it. Besides that it's all market and boss drops.

I'll have to try that speed trigger thing. I think I still have my old boltor but I only recently leveled up my Speed Trigger (still not maxed though.)

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By rapid

Her'e's my 2 cents

@glitches, @tbk , @ddaydj, @uberexplodey probably can speak more about the current meta and suggest better weapons but here is what I have generally enjoying using.

Note for elemental I will switch them around when doing higher level missions depending on the faction

Favorite Weapons

Burston Prime is probably a middle tier weapon by no means special but I personally enjoy the burst fire, ammo efficiency and the high accuracy of the gun. When augmented with the Syndicate Mod giving it the AOE Health Proc I was using the Burston Prime in the Trials (raids).

Orothos Prime is probably my go to melee weapon. I enjoy it for its godly range and speed. While not the best crit melee weapon. It destroys level 30-50 mobs (depending on faction). It is less effective on level 65+ enemies in which at that point you will need to be channeling in order to do sufficient damage. This build of the orthos does not channel well.

Destreza is fun weapon. I love the animations and the thing can rack up some nice combo count

Ignis it's a flamethrower, It will melt most level 40-60 enemies (depending on faction)the lightning version of it is the Amprex. Straticor / Sonicor its a one of my favorites to use. With high fire rate setup I have you can throw fire balls for days. It does not have as big of a ragdoll effect as something like Sonicor but It is definitely a good AOE push back. Pretty good for giving the Rescue / Defense Hostage.Despair / Hikou Prime obviously not the same weapons. Despair does more damage per hit, but lower fire rate. Hikou Prime does less damage per hit, more fire rate. Fast throwing weapons are fun and before the Hikou Prime, and Syndicate came out I used Despair as my main side-arm for high level from back in Warframe Update 10 through Update 15. You may not find Despair, since Stalker drop rates are fucked.

High Teir Weapons Fun to use cause they are so powerful

Tonkor

Sancti Tigris

Synoid Stimulor

Lastly, The Fallen King Penta if you dig around the formas I have penta that I forma'd 7 times. Such a shame the the wepon has fallen after the ammo capacity was nerfed and the the Secura Penta was introduced. People would be using it, even over the tonkor if it did not have self-damage.

Warframes: These are not definitive builds, but the Frames I typical run with. I different loadouts for different situations

glitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glitches

Warframes: Ash, Atlas, Banshee, Excal, Frost, Ivara, Rhino, Saryn, Trin.

Primary: Amprex, Boltor P, Dread, Lanka, Opticor, Paris P, Phage, Quanta Vandal, Rakta Cernos, Sancti Tigris, Sybaris, Synoid Simulor, Tonkor.

Secondary: Akjagara, Atomos, Dual Toxocyst, Lex Prime, Mara Detron, Sonicor, Staticor, TWOOOO GRAKATA, Vaykor Marelok.

Melee: Ack and Brunt, Broken War, Destreza, Dual Ichor/Kamas P/Zoren, Jat Kittag, Nikana P, Ninkondi, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Redeemer, Scindo P, Tekko, and War.

Companions: Carrier P, Huras Kubrow.

Archwing: Itzal, Imperator Vandal, and Knux.

Absolute favorites out of that list... Atlas(Punch the hell out of things), Tonkor(I mained Demoman in TF2 and the Tonkor is a more devistating Loch and Load), Atomos(Field wiping laser beam of death), Nikana P(Swag status and a damn good weapon).

I'll shred apart @rapid in an edit.

Sonicor: Drop Magnum Force (the investment is no where near as good as HC) and max out that Lethal Torrent to help with your charge speed. Then make better elemental combo choices.

Hikou: It's fine, I have a weird feeling about Gunslinger but it's clear you want a carpet bomb secondary.

Despair: Perfect. You could use the Puncture mod in place of one of those dual element mods.

Orthos: Drop Fury. Orthos has a fast enough attack. I also almost never leave a melee without Life Strike but that's personal taste.

Nikana: Anything that isn't Polearm or Greatsword can't really take advantage of Primed Reach. See my build.

War: This is probably the most... Interesting War build I've ever seen. I don't even use the impact mods. Body Count, Blood Rush, Life Strike, True Steel, Berserker, Pressure Point, and Focus Energy + 11 cost elemental damage mod for my combos.

Destreza: Doesn't need Fury since Berserker procs so often on that thing. Also can't make use of primed reach. Get your elemental mixes in there.

Tonkor: I dropped away from Firestorm for extra damage but it's still a good mod. Interesting choice in Terminal Velocity but I know that works well if you're using the Zephyr wombo combo.

Synoid: Great.

Buston: Fine.

Ignis: Controlled burst firing reduces the need to use the ammo mutation mod. You want better status chance with that weapon.

Tigris: No Hell's Chamber? U wot mate?

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By uberexplodey

@mr_button_press:

The most important thing is just find something you like. You can always dump forma into a frame or weapon to shape it to your will. Other than that, my advice would be to get into syndicate weapons and mods if you're looking to upgrade your arsenal game. Meta doesn't matter unless you're set on going deep on a T4 endless mission or a raid.

Favorite gear that I'm running with lately:

Warframes

Loki Prime - built for maximum range disarm (+ Irradiated Disarm mod), another build for max duration stealth. I wish the Decoy ability was cooler, but he's been my main through and through. Needs a particular set of mods to shine, but you're untouchable once you get there.

No Caption Provided

Chroma - stacked with multiple formas, my Ice Dragon has a hard time dying -- Elemental Ward and Vex Armor are some of my favorite abilities in the game. Definitely recommend you build one if you're looking for super survivable and lethal tank.

Frost Prime - always has a place in high-level missions. Good syndicate mods available. Most people focus builds on Globe and Avalanche, but there's viability in building around his Ice Wave also.

Vauban - Good syndicate mods for his kit to complement his Bastille and Vortex. Bit on the squishy side. Does need the firepower to follow through on his massive crowd control and area denial.

Honorable Mention frames I like, but other people in the clan play better: Ivara, Saryn, Valkyr, Nekros

Primaries

Rakta Cernos - short draw speed, high crit, Blight proc restores energy. One of my go-to's when I need something reliable.

Synoid Simulor - makes short work of most things in the game. Usually take this (or a Tonkor) with me on Sorties.

Sidearms

Vaykor Marelok - total beast. lacks sustained damage but hits like a truck.

Staticor- lots of damage and AOE, slow projectile speed is a drawback though.

Furis- with the Winds of Purity syndicate mod, this can be a life saver.

Melee

Dark Dagger - Covert Lethality and Gleaming Blight mods wreck most things if you can open up enemies to finishers. Free energy on the Blight proc, too.

Mios - Blade and Whip. Easy crits, lots of DPS with Berserker attack speed buffs and combo damage multipliers.

Archwing - until they add something substantial to this arm of the game and make it more cohesive to the rest of Warframe (Jordas Raid aside), my AW stuff is collecting dust. That said, I do like the Centaur a whole bunch.

tbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll post some sad things later;

definitelysacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By definitelysacha

Awesome stuff! I'm gonna keep a lot of these in mind as I move forward. Definitely seeing the value in the Tonkor and in the Orthos Prime (my first prime ever! Got it on Saturday!) I expect I'll spend some on mods I still lack, particularly warframe duration ones and some faction mods like Vampire Leech for my Trin. The faction grind is getting real long.

And I'd totally use more forma if I could get 'em. Perhaps I'm just unlucky with RNG.

tbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tbk

@mr_button_press: Tower 2 exterminate yielded some decent chance for forma in the past, but that is anecdotal. So take that with a grain of salt or a whole salt mine.

Anyway on to guns. Note that is is personal opinion and highly anecdotal as well:

Basically a lot of guns are "endgame viable" if you plonk enough forma into it. Thing is, Tonkor supersedes almost all of them if not really all. If you just want "the best" then get a tonkor.

Right I go ahead and vomit some stuff of mine in here

so many mods so little time

First one is my personal choice for valkyr, it is by no means meta nor does it make any sense. It revolves around running around racking up red crits with melee weapons and use ult as a get ouf of jail card or if I have to revive someone. This build also allows me to yell at mobs and then stab 'em in the face with a dagger. I did use a flow instead of that armoured agility a while back, but eh that slight speed buff feels nice. Also my get up from downed animation is so quick it looks kinda dumb.

The second one is a close to "meta" valkyr build revolving around staying in ult for the whole time. Note that if you go with that, your weapon becomes a container for mods to carry over to your exalted weapon (her ult claws). That means you just pick some trash thing and plonk some weird stuff into it that makes sense for her claws. For example I used the machete wraith cause its garbage, so I have a machete wraith with berserker, crit chance and primed reach. It is probably best if you read up on the mechanics for exalted weapons (for example exalted blade) and setup trash gear for that purpose.

Next up is the Sybaris, my current go to gun for all most everything. Pretty standard except the Argon scope I think. The argon scope is the "pick whatever you want slot" You could with another 90% elemental mod, or heavy caliber - I hate how heavy caliber works so I hardly ever use it. The thing about Shred is not the firerate for me but the punchthrough which is enough for most enemies you encounter => makes the gun more ammo efficient.

Next up is the vaykor marelok and why I think its stupid. 4k corrosive damage + punch through? Dafuq? Note that my other setups are radiation/viral and a pure viral build for raids or teams with 4 times corrosive projection. If I run a mission against corpus I take the 4k corrosive build because fuck Bursas (really fuck those things, armoured corpus enemy... great)

Next up ought to be that red crit mios build. Does redcrits around 2.5 damage multiplier. I like the mios because of its stance that has a lot of displacements in its combos (think Mortal Kombat's Skorpion). Not the fastest weapon to get red crits mind you.

The other mios build is the non red crit build. Not much to say, I just weep how I can't install primed reach into the red crit build :<

Dark Dagger builds

Still super unsure what the best one here is. I think I took the build with gleaming blight to the endurance run of the 1.000 cuts alert and had some fun (it really was fun) Thing about daggers is that they are super niche as in: you need covert lethality, otherwise don't bother with em otherwise I think.

Last my tonkor build: Basically one of the standard variations of it (It can red crit with that argon scope and I hate heavy caliber)

As final note:

for mods and weapon setups:

Most of the time you have a core set of mods that are a "false choice" meaning that you have to have them and its not really a choice not to have them, I think the FAQ covers those. Once you have those down well it opens up a little bit, but it always makes sense to mod for a guns strength (crit, status, raw damage) or to try to alleviate certain weaknesses (I have a faster reload speed mod for my akmagnus cause they take ages to reload)

That's it I think...

definitelysacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool stuff, thanks for the input. I've been raising a Loki for a bit and I enjoy running a spy mission here n there solo. It's a nice contrast from max speed / max damage hysteria a PUG mission tends to be. I expect I'll get Loki to 30, drop him and pursue a Loki Prime now that I'm paying much more attention to the void missions.

I got my Tonkor to 30 and gave it a catalyst. That thing is a friggin' monster! I'll gladly forma that thing to make it just unfair, soon as I get some.

I'm pursuing a few select stages now and again for their allegedly higher chance to drop keys, that'll give me some fodder prime parts for the void trader guy and possibly some forma. I was -just- able to afford the Primed mod this past weekend, so now I'm looking for Impact weapons like the Jat Kittag (naturally, needs a forma to build.) So if any of you are on and you want to run some towers or missions that drop the keys, let me know! I might not have an amazing arsenal but I do have a trinity with Vamp leech, so I can at least help with survivability.

The other thing I want to hammer in is the quest line that gives me Chroma. I tried once this week to get a squad together but that didn't work out. Hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to make some progress there.

tbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're in any of the clans ask around in alliance chat. If not; hmm the friends system is really tedious and easy to oversee, but eh send a friend request my way (all the necessary info should be in the main clan forum thread (the one made by rapid). Can probably help with Chroma and possible farming of keys, I am low on certain T3 keys myself, but I am ok with farming t1 and t2 keys. "This evening" I am actually out and about so don't fret if I don't respond immediately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.