Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Giant Bomb Heavy Industries (PC Clan) Journal

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By rapid

Several of us on the forums have been actively playing and following the development of Warframe closely since this summer. We've created a GB community clan called Giant Bomb Heavy Industries (named after Jeff's corporation in Syndicate) I have been streaming some of our gaming sessions together. I'm going to be posting and updating this thread with some of our major highlights in the game. Since this thread was getting a bit long I put most of the details inside spoiler tags. To read the details of previous entries click the spoiler tag.

Fight Against New Vay Hek

Pre-Update 13 (Post #9)

See 2013 Entries (Post #6)

Join Us

Look at @mrcraggle's Warframe updates thread to talk about the games latest changes.

Want an invitation to the clan or just discuss what's going on in the clan? Give us your in game name and we will add you to the clan!

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MrMuscle

Nicely done guys! I tried my hand at it yesterday solo and actually beat him. Rhino Stomp is amazing in that fight as it actually stuns him. So i just had to time it and i could empty my Soma into it again and again. Took some time but i got him and all i have to show for it is a Glaive mod :D

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rapid

With the announcement that Update 11 is coming around the corner, and will be release with an new event I've taken the time to update what has been happening in the Giant Bomb Warframe clan. What the clan has been doing these past few months.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The jungle tileset is so laggy for me, I'm glad it looks so smooth on your end. I am so glad I don't have to harvest anymore of those planets.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@rapid:

So that was you running in front of me when I was aiming :P

I like how pretty much any time I was on your screen, I was hauling ass somewhere like a madman.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rapid

Activity Highlights 1/26/14: Orokin Derelict Survival

@margraviate and @kealokian run a long three-man Orokin Survival Mission.

The Rules of the Game

The objective of this game mode is to hold out as long as you can against hordes of enemies while the ship's oxygen deplets. You have a "Oxygen Meter" that depreciates as time passes. Enemies will drop items that can be used to replenish very little oxygen as well the Lotus will randomly spawn limited oxygen tanks that you can activate that give a greater amount of oxygen all at once. After 5 minutes, players will be given the ability for extraction, but may continue to hold out. As of Update 10.3.1 an additional end of mission reward is presented to players each time they last another 5 minute increment. The longer the player holds out, the more rewards they will accumulate at the end of mission. As of Update 10.3.1 the entire squad must be at extraction for the mission to end successfully. However, if the oxygen hits 0% the timer will freeze and the player will be forced to immediately head for extraction as their health point also slowly begins decreasing from the lack of oxygen. At this point at least one member of the squad must reach extraction to complete the mission. Mission fails after a complete team wipe or if none of the squad members reaches extraction within 5 minutes of no oxygen (health points will decrease past 5 HP and will kill everyone).

Twitch Archive

Loading Video...

Activity Highlights 1/17/14: Unfinished: Giant Bomb Heavy Industries Dojo (Early Access!)

It's the new year I thought I might share a video of the newly renovated unfinished Giant Bomb Heavy Industries Dojo. We are currently decorating the space but it's the first time I recorded a video of the clan dojo. @kealokian and @disposableherodemonstrate the Dojo Dueling Room. I run around in the dojo for a bit. Once the dojo is more fully decorated I'll go through the space in more detail. After that I decide we should revisit the Orokin Derelict and our friend Lephantis (formerly named the J3-2000 Golem) .

Loading Video...

Finally, that Ember Prime Helmet after 30 Orthos Prime Handles, and 29 Paris Strings

No Caption Provided

Activity Highlights 12/22/13: Cicero Crisis (Event)

Update 11.5 on the PC introduces a new event called theCicero Crisis.The update and event features a new forest tileset set on Earth after the Orokin age. Vay Hek is trying to spread a deadly toxin. In response the Lotus have tasked the Tenno to scan plants on the level, and to collect samples to craft different anti-toxins. The anti-toxin are then and dispensed into the Injector in which the Tenno must defend until the anti-toxin has been fully administered. The effectiveness percentage is affected by the type of anti-toxin used. In the first run we used 4 seperate LAPIS anti-toxin each with 25% effectiveness. In the 2nd run @journ3y crafted VERMILLION Antitoxin, a anti-toxin which requires the most samples to craft but is 100% effective. In the 3rd again we used 4 LAPIS anti-toxins.

Loading Video...

Run#1 - 0:47 @echoes83, @ravenlightand @rupertthebear

Run#2 - 15:21 @journ3y, Notorious-E_Booty_Papa, and @ravenlight

Run#3 - 30:42 @artelinarose@ravenlightand @serdan66

Part 2: Warframe? More Like Warforge

Activity Highlights: 11/30/13:
    A Favor for Darvo, Hunting Alad V and Valkyr On the Rebecca Blackest of Fridays

(With Bonus-Add On : A @journ3y's End, Focus Achieved. Premium Scarves, and Alpaca Discussions)

Update 11 hit the PC version of Warframe and in addition to new content it also introduced a new damage system. This activity highlight actually showcases 3 different activities. Darvo's Favor, Hunt for Alad V, and Warframe Valkyr

Loading Video...

First Part: Darvo's Favor

A strange message and alert from the mysterious merchant Darvo appeared. I and some of the members of Giant Bomb Heavy Industries investigate Darvo's strange request. The missions turns out to be rather hilarious one where Darvo tries to use the tenno to help him get a certain stalker off his back.

@rebbford@Tenno_Lotus AHEM AHEM http://t.co/OXY509E6wn

— Steven Cranmer (@Brave_Dude8) November 27, 2013

Second Part: Hunt for Alad V

People may have seen the PS4 trailer that released with the new villain Alad V, well him and his pet dog Zanuka have been added as the new Jupiter boss encounter in Update 11. In the video we test just how formidable he is. Defeating Alad V you will be rewarded with the Component (Helmet, Chasis, Systems) Blueprints for Valkyr. A beserker warframe because of having been subjected to cruel and painful experimentation during the Zanuka project.

Third Part: Warframe Valkyr

It's Black Friday, but it's also the day that if you started crafting Valkyr on the day Alad V was released this was day the crafting finished. So @journ3y and I decide to test out her new abilities.

No Caption Provided

Bonus:

Focus Achieved at last! The @journ3y is complete

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Alpaca Discussions with @living4theday258@artelinarose@journ3y@ravenlight@murgin@0blivion

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Awe & Aww-ing @0blivion's Premium Scarf

No Caption Provided

Activity Highlight: 10/23/13 The Gradivus Dilemma (War Event)

Warframe's most recent event was the Corpus Vs. Grineer War called the Gradivus Dilemma. Ultimately, the majority of the Giant Bomb Heavy Industries clan in a poll decided to side with the Grineer Faction which we believed to be the lesser of two evils. (General Sargus Ruk spoke the V-Bomb) The majority of us fought on the Grineer side and the good news is at the end of the event with 810 points (Supporting Grineer), Giant Bomb Heavy Industries was ranked 85th in the storm clan division in Warframe! (Within Top 100 Baby!)

Loading Video...
    Screenshots from and post the Event:
    Screenshots from and post the Event:

Here's some helpful advice for players courtesy of @journ3y

No Caption Provided

Activity Highlight: 10/11/13 Vault Seflies... Form Voltron!

Loading Video...

Rapid with Giant Bomb Heavy Industries members Ravenlight, Randanger and GristleMcThornbody explore the new Orokin Vaults released in Update 10.31 of Warframe. In these missions there is a Orokin Vault which can only be opened randomly with one of the 4 types of dragon keys. However, while a dragon key is equipped it will negatively affects you Warframe.

DRAGON KEY

Equip the Dragon Key in your gear slot. Because these keys are so powerful, only one may be equipped at a time.

- Bleeding Dragon Key: -75% health.

- Decaying Dragon Key: -75% shields

- Extinguished Dragon Key: -75% damage dealt

- Hobbled Dragon Key: -50% speed

These negative effects will be removed from whichever player's key is used in the Vault.

There are four different Vaults and four corresponding Dragon Keys. You will find Vaults in Extermination, Capture and Survival Missions. When you find a Vault, only the corresponding key will open the door and consume the key.

There was a contest alongside the release of Vaults to take a screenshot of you and your clan mates posing in front of a Orokin Vault. See all our entries!

Activity Highlight: 10/9/13 Apollodorus Survival Mission (Update 10.3.1)

Loading Video...

Update 10.3.1 of Warframe introduced many changes! Of which included a set of changes were made to the Survival Game Mode.

@ravenlight@randanger and I, along with a random player held out on Apollodorus past 30 minutes, before things got dicey.

Tips for fellow Duders

Our squad had 2 Novas (Randanger and I) whom as you can probably tell can set off Area of effect explosions with her ult ability Molecular Prime. Ravenlight was using Rhino a tanky warframe that can take a rocket to the face and live to tell about it using his Iron Skin ability (It's like Iron Flesh from Dark Souls) moreover, Rhino has another ability called Roar (much like Warcry) that buff the entire squad's armor. The random player (Raymond) who join part way through was playing Trinity who is an excellent support frame especially with an ult that replenishes the entire squad's heath.

No Caption Provided

Personally, and maybe Randanger and Ravenlight can tell you what they had equipped, but I had these main mods equipped:

Equilibrium: gives additional Energy when picking up Health Orbs, and additional Health when picking up Energy Orbs (27.5% at Rank 10).

Rage: converts 10% of health damage taken to energy per rank for a maximum of 40% at rank 3.

Energy Siphon is an Aura that regenerates all team members energy. (0.6 per second at rank 5)

These energy focused mods basically gave Nova the ability maintained a large energy pool for me to keep activating Null Star and Molecular Prime.

Some other helpful mods to have are:

Flow increases the maximum energy reserve of a Warframe.

Rifle Ammo Mutation converts any unused ammo type into Rifle Ammo. (+10 per conversion at rank 3) Useful with Soma which has an inefficient ammo economy.

Shade's temporary cloaking ability: "Ghost", and Carrier's "Vaccum": the ability to pick up close by drops automatically for you, are very helpful in these kinds of missions.

Activity Highlight: 9/23/13 : Drumming them Drums Like The Wolf

Loading Video...

Warframes had a battle of the tenno bands contest: Rapid, TEKUMS and Tauzen attempt to play the drums together.

Ultimately, the latency in the game from our connection made it very difficult to coordinate the drums. Perhaps one day we will reunite this awful band and actually record something good...As a side note, for those interested as to where the drums are located, they can be found in the Clan Dojo second floor.

Activity Highlight: 9/15/13 : Attack On Golem

Loading Video...

Rapid and fellow members of the clan Giant Bomb Heavy Industries (@boatorious, @ravenlight@artelinarose) take on the J2000 Golem (now called Lephantis) for the first time in Warframe Update 10.

Warframe's most recent update, includes a newly added Orokin Derelict levels, as well as a new giant boss monster called the J2000 Golem. The developers (Digital Extremes) have expressed their desire to make a giant boss creature for a very long time now (since June), the J2000 Golem is currently the largest enemy type they just released. This video highlights the first time the our clan have ever raided this boss. If you know about or have ever seen "Attack on Titan" you will be fimilar with music. I've time-stamped the video in the description so you don't want to watch the whole video you can skip to the good parts =)

(Oh what the heck) Here:

Intro: 0:00

Operation Start 0:47

Emergency Code Attack!: 09:45

The Day the Tenno Remembered...: 18:19

First Victory: 24:46

Duder it's over!: 28:02

Join Us

Look at @mrcraggle's Warframe updates thread to talk about the games latest changes.

Want an invitation to the clan or just discuss what's going on in the clan? Give us your in game name and we will add you to the clan!

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why are the posts dated several months ago? Anyway, I've been neglecting the game for some time now due to work although that was only temp but it was very long hours but I'll be looking to play a bit more now that I have a new comp. Still annoying that the frame rate will suddenly just freeze mid action but I'll put this down to lag spikes more than performance issues on my computers behalf. What have I missed out on since November?

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle: OP has the most recent journal entry, I started archiving our activity since September. Decided to split the posts after it got a bit too long to fit everything in a single post. As for the sudden freezing and performance issues you may want to try switching to 32-bit mode (in the launcher press the gear icon, and uncheck 64 bit). You might want to try multi-thread option but while it improves performance while it works, but run into random crashes.

As for updates since November, I would check the updates thread for Update 11.5 Cicero Crisis and also Update 12 is expected to come soon.

What I remember from 11.5

• New Damage System 2.0
    • New Warframes: Valkyr, Oberon and Upcoming Update 12 Air Warframe
    • Infested presence is no longer permanent they appear only in infestation invasion type missions that appear sporadically
    • Grineer and Corpus invasion missions where one faction takes over a node (currently the Grineer occupy the majority of the solar system)
    • The Codex
    rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb Heavy Industries (Warframe Clan) 2014 Update 12

Activity Highlights 1/26/14: Orokin Derelict Survival

@margraviate and @kealokian run a long three-man Orokin Survival Mission.

The Rules of the Game

The objective of this game mode is to hold out as long as you can against hordes of enemies while the ship's oxygen deplets. You have a "Oxygen Meter" that depreciates as time passes. Enemies will drop items that can be used to replenish very little oxygen as well the Lotus will randomly spawn limited oxygen tanks that you can activate that give a greater amount of oxygen all at once. After 5 minutes, players will be given the ability for extraction, but may continue to hold out. As of Update 10.3.1 an additional end of mission reward is presented to players each time they last another 5 minute increment. The longer the player holds out, the more rewards they will accumulate at the end of mission. As of Update 10.3.1 the entire squad must be at extraction for the mission to end successfully. However, if the oxygen hits 0% the timer will freeze and the player will be forced to immediately head for extraction as their health point also slowly begins decreasing from the lack of oxygen. At this point at least one member of the squad must reach extraction to complete the mission. Mission fails after a complete team wipe or if none of the squad members reaches extraction within 5 minutes of no oxygen (health points will decrease past 5 HP and will kill everyone).

Twitch Archive

Loading Video...

Activity Highlights 1/17/14: Unfinished: Giant Bomb Heavy Industries Dojo (Early Access!)

It's the new year I thought I might share a video of the newly renovated unfinished Giant Bomb Heavy Industries Dojo. We are currently decorating the space but it's the first time I recorded a video of the clan dojo. @kealokian and @disposableherodemonstrate the Dojo Dueling Room. I run around in the dojo for a bit. Once the dojo is more fully decorated I'll go through the space in more detail. After that I decide we should revisit the Orokin Derelict and our friend Lephantis (formerly named the J3-2000 Golem) .

Loading Video...

Finally, that Ember Prime Helmet after 30 Orthos Prime Handles, and 29 Paris Strings

No Caption Provided

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Any PS4 clan members? I'm playing on there.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Id like to try this again, anyone able to add me to the clan?

game name: Rave80

thanks!

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@rave: @mormonwarrior: please use the appropriate platform clan threads to ask for invites, to keep things from getting confusing for everyone :)

PS4

PC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.