Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Operation Sling-Stone (community event)

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrcraggle
    No Caption Provided

3 weeks on since the deployment of the spy drones, we Tenno have a new task upon us to sabotage a new Grineer threat as they prepare a major offensive against the Corpus. We must succeed in our mission otherwise face the wrath of the Grineer Empire. To complete our mission we must destroy the Grineer's Fomorian ships. To destroy these Fomorian reactors, we will need special substances obtained from killing infested:

• Stable Corrupter: This will do normal damage when used to sabotage the ships core.
    • Alpha Corrupter: Useless by itself, but when used in tandem with a player sabotaging using the Beta Corrupter – it does QUAD damage to the reactor.
    • Beta Corrupter: Useless by itself, but when used in tandem with a player sabotaging using the Alpha Corrupter – it does QUAD damage to the reactor.

Once the mission has been completed, the Corpus will (grudgingly) reward us with new 'Ammo Conversion' Mod technology. Players will gain points for contributing to destroying ships. At the end of the event, the Corpus will reward players based on points received:

• 250 points: All 5 mods
    • 150 points: 4 mods
    • 100 points : 3 mods
    • All contributing players receive 2 mods
    • Additionally: The top clan in each bracket will receive a FOMORIAN STATUE for their dojo.

IF we are unsuccessful in our mission:

• Any regions with surviving Fomorians at the end of the event will see their resource drops cut in half for several weeks.

Be vigilant, Tenno! We have until July 29th to complete your mission.

UPDATE!

Just a quick update so that people can get an understanding of what they need to do when playing this event.

First of all you'll need to do any mission involving the Infested. Random Infested enemies will drop corrupter parts (list above). I recommend playing on Xini as you're likely to fight a lot of Infested in a short period of time. Once you have gathered some corrupter pieces, you'll need to go to your arsenal and then your inventory. You'll then have to carry one of the corrupter pieces in an empty slot. It's best that you speak with your team about who carries what piece though as you can only carry one and all 3 make the defense last less than a minute. Hope I made that clear enough. If not, just reply to this and I'll clean it up.

If you're a member of the clan, please make sure to take as much as you possibly can over the weekend. We're currently sitting in the top 200 and if every member plays even just a few missions over the weekend, we could be the number 1 clan within our bracket.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I saw some people hitting 250 points within 2 hours, thats crazy. I got 23 points in the same amount of time and was happy with that :D

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Reading these posts about the clan, I don't think I understand what Warframe is.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading these posts about the clan, I don't think I understand what Warframe is.

Ex-intern Matt Kessler described it as [paraphrasing] "if Mass Effect multiplayer played like the new Syndicate's."

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Giant Bomb Heavy INC is currently actively engaged in this event (In Screenshots @rapid@mrcraggle , and Murgine (Don't know GB Username)

Objective is to place a alpha, beta and stable corruptor on to the reactor core. Each Player can only bring one type of corruptor into a match. Therefore, this event requries coordination with squad mates to make sure the team has one of each.

jizzmanygirls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jizzmanygirls
    Loading Video...

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rapid
    No Caption Provided

Fastest completed weekend event yet. Completed in less than 5 hours. I was 4 away from getting a third mod =/

Event is still going they added more levels.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrcraggle

@eccentrix said:

Ex-intern Matt Kessler described it as [paraphrasing] "if Mass Effect multiplayer played like the new Syndicate's."

Out of curiosity, when did Kessler play?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash said:

@eccentrix said:

He has been streaming it on his personal Twitch page I believe. He's also been talking about it on Twitter a bunch. He might've convinced Brad to try it out.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle said:

@thunderslash said:

@eccentrix said:

He has been streaming it on his personal Twitch page I believe. He's also been talking about it on Twitter a bunch. He might've convinced Brad to try it out.

Ah, that's cool. I thought he was just into LoL and Dota. I follow him on Twitter but i've never seen him mention Warframe.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle So our clan was ranked at 86th last hour for this event, we are now 132th (people are really fast)

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash said:

@eccentrix said:

From what I've read and seen, it appears to me like EVE Online, but a shooter, but nothing like Dust 514. That's just my outsider's perspective, with no actual research or anything.

Murgin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You guys were posting while playing the game?!

Mind blown.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrcraggle

@thunderslash said:

@eccentrix said:

From what I've read and seen, it appears to me like EVE Online, but a shooter, but nothing like Dust 514. That's just my outsider's perspective, with no actual research or anything.

I seriously wouldn't play this game if it were like EVE. That's no shot at EVE but I just look at that game and my mind boggles at the complexity (it looks complex anyway).

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@thunderslash said:

@eccentrix said:

I can see where he's coming from, though, it's not quite as frantic - there is nothing like the DART hacking to keep track of WHILE Shooting and Parkouring :)
    But yeah, third person shooter with space ninjas(!) and parkour and "special abilities" (think fireballs, teleport backstabs, dashes, the like). The Dojo functionality on top of that is quite compelling as well - even if there are currently some growing pains.

And as for those growing pains, Digital Extremes (the develop) has been quite open about feeling like the best they can do is develop fast and get systems in our hands, see what happens and make the necessary adjustments, rather than spent months designing and developing complicated systems that will most likely be too late to solve whatever problem, and b) gives the community more opportunity to help design the future of the game.

Overall - quite happy with how they are doing, even if they have made poor choices at times (like the Informer weekend event!).

As for EVE - yeah, I don't see that, there's not really any incentive to backstab one another here, it's all Cooperative. Unless you mean the art? I think some Tenno stuff could be Gallente, from their organic shapes... but that's about it? Can you explain what you mean? :)

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mnemoidian said:

As for EVE - yeah, I don't see that, there's not really any incentive to backstab one another here, it's all Cooperative. Unless you mean the art? I think some Tenno stuff could be Gallente, from their organic shapes... but that's about it? Can you explain what you mean? :)

It's mostly the art, with all the metallic blues and space and everything, but there's also the community-built Dojos and big events. I guess it's probably just that it seems like an MMOTPS and EVE is the only MMO I have any experience with.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Status Report

Giant Bomb Heavy INC is currently ranked 157th in this event with 1,534 pts in total as of this post.

No Caption Provided

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rapid: Woo! I like that we were all in different warframes. And that we're all sexy tenno ladies.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newhaap: I switched to Vauban after and began sticking his electric balls on you guys =P

Dumb jokes aside

I believe @newhaap is redrubberboots in game. I hope @babychoochoo is the BabyChooChoo in game or else I just @'d the wrong user (sorry) and Murgine is @murgin

I was supposed to do a test stream with @mrcraggle but the timing didn't work out. I have updated the doodle setting it for next saturdays please make sure to fill the times out as best as possible. @humanity@mnemoidian@jackel2072. I've basically added everyone to the PM conversation that I know of in game.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: Sorry it didn't work out. I went off to eat and ended up watching Indiana Jones but I came back around 9pm GMT but only 1 or 2 people from the clan were online.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good Formorian runs the other day with you duders

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberexplodey: Sure was duder. Too bad yesterday just went so shit for me. Didn't see anyone in the clan on and I had a really difficult time getting in with randoms and when I did, they were just straight up dicks.

The event overall was much better due to having it be based around a team. The problem's that came up however was when playing with random people, you don't get a chance to really organize what you were carrying before you go into the mission so people would argue about not everything having the correct corrupter. The other problem was that you were rewarded for how quickly you could get through the levels. It was far better to just use a Volt and rush with your team than it was to actually fight all of the enemies.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I've gotten back into playing Warframe. How do I join the GB clan?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Okay, I've gotten back into playing Warframe. How do I join the GB clan?

Ditto on this. I tried it again and the shooting feels like it's gotten much tighter. I might be hooked again.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@veektarius: @ravenlight: We're currently full, but we are working hard on expanding the clan to allow for more members. You can follow our progress towards raising the membership cap to 100 in the "Heavy Industries (official GB clan)" thread. I am hoping we get there by the end of this week, but it depends on how much resources people have to donate to the clan.

(That said, please keep clan stuff to that thread :) )

@mrcraggle: I didn't feel like the Volt-rush was quite as efficient when the later missions were on Pluto (level ~60), rather than on Mercury (level ~5). But I do think that the mission was a great success compared to the previous one - as it actually required teamwork.

I did manage my 250, and even managed to find a couple of random groups I was able to organize into getting a bunch of full-point missions out of.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Jumped back in to Warframe for a bit thanks to this post. I forgot how cool it was to be a space-ninja, also forgot how to wallrun/walljump.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mnemoidian:

Cool. I sort of fell off of the game a few months ago but there's a ton of new stuff in there now. Hoping to be able to join the clan eventually as having a steady supply of duders to play with sounds awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.