Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Progression Problems

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I've been playing Warframe off and on since I bought a ps4 18 months ago, about 50 hours altogether. I started with Loki ( back when he was one of the starting three) and I currently have a level 15 Excalibur and a level 22 Oberon; All my weapons are in the mid 20s. I prefer to play solo, which may well be part of the problem, but mainly because I prefer to go at my own pace and the multiplayer community ( that I've met at least ) is very anti social. I can't seem to progress past mars. Any advice for a soloist?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

The way I see it, solo players have two options in Warframe once they hit a certain point.

1. Spend Platinum to purchase high level gear and continue playing solo.

2. Man up and play with other people.

If you want to try to minimize your time playing with others, play the missions that have you defending a point, or the ones where your oxygen level is decreasing. In both of those mission types you can stay in the same mission forever and enemies will just continue to spawn. The longer you stay in the mission the better the loot. Spend a couple hours in a single mid-level survival mission and you'll get 10x more drops than 20 hours of playing through each level a single time. Also probably worth noting is that you can get a rare drop called an Orokin Reactor/Catalyst that will let you double the mod slots of a single weapon or suit. Note that when I say rare I mean you will be lucky to see more than a couple in 100+ hours of high level play. You can but them for platinum, though. If you are pushing against the limits of what your stuff can do at the current level, doubling the mod slots essentially means double the power. I believe the going rate for one is a couple bucks, or you can try farming them but they are very, very rare and you'd have to play with other people to survive the difficult missions they can drop on.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven10: maybe my problem is I'm not meeting the right players? I'm part of a ghost clan consisting of myself and two old school friends who almost never play it. I'd love to see the late stages of the game.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@panelhopper: Warframe is pretty much designed and balanced for multiplayer, so you are going to have rough time playing alone. As Raven said though,if you were to at least play multiplayer on the endless missions (Defense, Survival, Excavation) you'd be getting more mods and leveling you stuff up faster making soloing easier. Those missions also don't have the problem of advanced players running ahead and killing everything since you can just find a spot alone and do your own thing.

Other than that, consider building a Rhino (part blueprints drop from The Jackal on Venus). I think he's slow and boring to play, but for a non-veteran player he's probably the easiest frame to solo stuff with.

Try doing some T1 void missions if you have the keys. T1 Exterminate in particular should be doable for you alone, just take your time and try to grab all the drops. Should net you some stuff you can't get from the regular planets.

As Raven mentioned, try to get some Orokin Reactors or Catalysts. These aren't regular drops though, you can only get them from some of the quests or from certain rare alerts/events. After the developer livestream (every other Friday - check the news on the ship) there is usually a 24 hour Gift From the Lotus alert that will award one. If it's not accessible to you, go to the Recruitment chat channel and look for someone offering to host or "taxi to" the alert and PM them for an invite. These will be of great help and are worth the effort to get.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@panelhopper: Is the Giant Bomb Warframe community on PS4 just nonexistent at this point? I know there are quite a few people who still play quite regularly in the Giant Bomb clan on PC. Maybe it may be worth your time looking up some of those guys to play with?

I know that when I was playing Warframe (before it started crashing on me and I stopped playing because I couldn't find a fix), I wouldn't have progressed nearly as far or as rapidly as I did without help from guys like @rapid, @uberexplodey, and others in the Warframe clan. It's really almost an entirely different game when you group up with other people. Personally, I found the community in general on Warframe to be one of the best I've found in an online game, I think that is largely thanks to the co-op centric nature of it. People just seem happy to help, even those that aren't in the same clan as you. That was my experience with the game, anyway. I'll definitely go back to it one day, it's just the constant crashing that I was experiencing last year kind of frustrated me to a point where I just gave up on it. I'm sure it's probably resolved by this point.

Anyway...try looking up the GB clan, or at least some other people from GB to play with once in awhile. Who knows, you may like it!

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mike: Well, I'm still playing, and had a bunch of people from here join my clan when there wasn't room in the official one after the Quick Look went up. Most have stopped playing though, there's really only me and one more guy left. I'd be happy to send the OP an invite, though it didn't really sound like that was something he was interested in. If he wants a social experience he'd probably be better off looking at the chat channels and finding a more active clan to join.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@panelhopper: I don't solo much these days, as most end game content isn't very solo friendly, but at the point where you are you should be able to solo easy enough if you prepare properly.

First of all, I would recommend focusing on Excalibur as your primary frame for now. He recently got buffed/reworked and he's now a very versatile and strong frame. Radial Blind is a strong crowd control move (important when you're soloing) and Exalted Blade is just powerful.

But also you need some decent weapons and mods. Make sure you have the important mods like Vitality(Health), Redirection(Shields), Serration(Rifle Damage), Hornet Strike(Sidearm damage), etc. Elemental mods also dramatically increase your effectiveness against certain enemy types, so use them if you have them. Toxic+Lightning = Corrossive, which is highly effective against most Grineer and can lower their armor on proc. Cold+Lightning = Magnetic, which is extra effective against Corpus shields and instantly halves them on proc.

Try to find some decent weapons to build if you haven't already. Mods are more important, but a decent weapon still matters. If you're still using mk1 weapons then look for something better.

If you have a little plat to spare then consider buying an orokin reactor or catalyst to double your mod capacity on the item it is installed. I suggest the reactor over the catalyst, as double mod capacity on your frame makes a bigger difference for survivability and won't become obsolete as easily (or ever) like a weapon.

Playing solo your biggest hurdles are the missions with waves, like defense, excavation, survival, etc. If you're having trouble clearing one of those then I suggest joining a matchmade mission. You don't need to communicate for those people to help you clear it. But for the most part, you should be able to at least clear the minimum to proceed even solo.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panelhopper: If you can get in contact with some of the GB PS4 I think that'd be in your best interest. The game really isn't balance for solo play. Even if you're with just one other player it can make a world of difference. You'll just need to explain you like to go at a slower pace. A lot of high level players will simply breeze through a level at this point trying to grind something out, especially on boss levels for blueprint pick ups. I was pretty involved with the game early on but I only ever pop in every now and then at present. PM @rapid or @uberexplodey as @mike suggested. Between the two of them, they have over 5000 hours of playtime, so I'm pretty sure they know a thing or two about Warframe.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

@panelhopper: In my experience, matchmaking with strangers usually gets the job done. I once had the game match me with a bunch of super high level players who were just grinding a map I shouldn't have even been attempting. They didn't kick me or anything. They just did their thing and let me mooch off all the fallen loot. That doesn't happen every time, but I've found that if you enter matchmaking for one of the wave based levels chances are you are going to get matched with people trying to grind loot. As long as you all know what you are doing it shouldn't be too challenging.

As others have said, I dunno what the Giantbomb clan is like on PS4 but it is still active on PC and Giantbomb clans are always an easy way to find folks willing to help you in a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.