Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Do I bother getting all the expansions?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

So I've always wanted to play this game and it's on sale on Steam right now. I can get all three parts for 20, but is Retribution any good?

Do I just get the Chaos Rising expansion with the main game or just the main game for 6 dollars?

Also I just bought every Jedi Knight game for 5 dollars. I don't know why, I kinda wanted to play Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy and for the same price I got all the games.

EDIT: Also there's a gold edition for 10, is it just the main game with the Chaos Rising expansion?

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By phrosnite

Retribution is the best for multiplayer and has the most players.

Chaos Rising has the best singleplayer campaign.

DoW2 vanilla - 4 races in multiplayer(Games for Shitness... I mean Windows live)

Chaos Rising - 1 race in multiplayer(Games for Shitness... I mean Windows live)

Retribution - 6 races in multiplayer(Steamworks)

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

@phrosnite said:

Retribution is the best for multiplayer and has the most players.

Chaos Rising has the best singleplayer campaign.

DoW2 vanilla - 4 races in multiplayer(Games for Shitness... I mean Windows live)

Chaos Rising - 1 race in multiplayer(Games for Shitness... I mean Windows live)

Retribution - 6 races in multiplayer(Steamworks)

So they all have the same multiplayer right? Depending on the expansion it gives you more races? Or is it all separated?

And yeah Games for Windows LIVE is fucking terrible, it bums me out when I play Batman.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By phrosnite

@Doctorchimp: Yes. This is why I recommend Retribution. It's a stand alone product and you get all races in multiplayer, not to mention that the game is regularly updated. Patch 3.19.0 came out a couple of weeks ago. I don't think they update the previous games anymore. Waiting 2 weeks for cert is a bitch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.