Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jun 05, 2018

Action-RPG set in the Warhammer 40K Universe.

New Trailer for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pweidman
    rokuthirteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've never played a WH40K game. Is there anything you'd compare it to gameplay wise?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rokuthirteen: This game specifically is very similar to games like Diablo and Path of Exile.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the game last week and it's cool for what it is. Feels kind of old school to me. It's not like Diablo 3 where you can open up a world map and just teleport everywhere. It's more about selecting missions from a menu screen. The animations are still pretty rough looking as well.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pweidman

@casepb: It got a huge patch today, have you played it since? Curious if they've successfully polished the game at all for its launch.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

The CG trailer's not very exciting, but the game looks alright. There's also a non-40k aRPG that was recently announced: Warhammer: Chaosbane. That'll probably be more my speed.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bybeach

I'm so very interested in this. I love the 40k universe. The Empire, so monolithic, Gothic and stratified, and inside you smell the decay and desperation. A bit like Wolfenstein's Nazi Empire (or Rome) , so well defined by it's Brutalist architecture, being brutally beaten on by Enormous Entities that are actually more evil than itself. There is way more nuance of course, but I just love the whole flavor of it.

So it's pleasing to hear of a game, besides the standard RTS, that sounds like it could be good. Space Marine of course was my last favorite. I hope I continue hearing that this may be good.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Ruiner

My only real interest in the WH40K universe are the Eisenhorn books. Is there a class that's basically Eisenhorn?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is it better then the beta ? Kinda fell off fast waiting for release. But then i got stuck with vampyr.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ares42

@soulcake: They've tied up a lot of the loose ends. I wouldn't say they made any conceptual improvements to the core game though. I've only put in about 4-5 hours post-release so far so a bit too early to judge, but if you played the beta you already know if you'll be into it. At this point I'm thinking it might be my E3 podcast game and hope that carries me to the endgame to see if there's anything interesting there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.