Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000

Franchise »

The Warhammer 40,000 universe is a science fantasy tabletop game created by Games Workshop. The most successful transition to video games has been the Dawn of War real-time strategy series, from Relic Entertainment.

New game, Warhammer 40K - Space Marine

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

Found these two links and figured i'd share them with you all.

Gameplay video! and IGN Article

Initial thoughts from me concerning the gameplay video is that it looks great visually and they've grasped the designs and ideas of the WH40K world and its setting. The fact its also got Space Marines in it aswell makes me smile, we all know Space Marines are awesome but focus on melee over range? i say WTF to that. Space Marines are all about the ranged combat, they hardly ever go into melee combat unless there is really no other option. Plus the bolter gun that they use is one of the strongest guns in the WH40K universe, so why neglect it in the game? I get the impression they thought "Gears of War had chainsaws on guns with the Lancer, WH40K has chainsaw swords so lets get in on some Gears like fatalities!". And that whole fatality animation for every kill with the chainsaw sword would annoy me if it kept happening for every kill.

So whats everyone elses thoughts on this?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Even though I'm a big fan of Gears of War, I have to say that it feels like they are being influenced by Gears way too much. I have never played a Warhammer game before so I don't know what the combat has been like in past games, but I think anyone would agree that this is very similar to Gears of War's combat system.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By weltal

It looks interesting. Obviously very early build but they'll have to do something alot more interesting than what they showed to make it a worth while game.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

There's no page for it yet? You think a mod would be more on top of things like this :P

Anyways, I love the straight up title. They're just like: "yeah, it's Space marines, they're cool" :P

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Virago

*bump* 

I agree with Hamz: WTF happened to range?
    Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Balls

Y'know the changes that have been made since the beta came out have disturbed me. But hopefuly it will have time to mature before it becomes a money loser. :P

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vlademir

Video:

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Overall, I'm sure it'll be entertaining. But is it worth $60?  They need to get these prices down, at least back to $50.

kornek21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kornek21

soee..i just noticed this post,...when will this come out?...i know that this post was made a LONG time ago so if this game was scrapped then pls tell me,and you know when it's coming out then tell me too...PLEASE!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.