Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000

Franchise »

The Warhammer 40,000 universe is a science fantasy tabletop game created by Games Workshop. The most successful transition to video games has been the Dawn of War real-time strategy series, from Relic Entertainment.

New to tabletop Warhammer 40k

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathTrap

Well, I decided to take the plunge, after almost a decade of resisting all those cool looking miniatures. Just purchased the most recent rulebook, Necron codex, and a Necron battle force (10 warriors, 5 immortals/Deathmarks, 5 Canoptek Scarabs, and 1 Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark). My question for you, fellow Warhammer 40k GB users: What should I buy as a HQ? An Overlord? Are there even any Giant Bomb users that play Warhammer 40k?

EDIT: I have the most recent rulebook. Thought it was 6th, but maybe it's 7th.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@deathtrap: I hope you mean 7th edition and not 6th. There are a few minor rules differences and clarifications in 7th that aren't in 6th.

A necron lord is a good starting point and a good staple to any good Necron army. I have well over 2000 points of Eldar and close to 2k points of Chaos Space Marines. It's a great game but there is a lot of upfront investment.

Outbr3ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

40k is a fine hobby. Never feel like the first army you try has to he for you. I started with Necrons a few years ago, and never dove in much more than the battleforce. I ended up with a 4000 point (give or take) Chaos Space Marine army and have also taken on another 2000 point Imperial Fist army. My basement is a bit of a casualty to the hobby at this point, but it's been q ton of fun!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good luck with the hobby.

Unfortunately I had neither the patience nor the money to sustain my Tau army.

Space communism is best communism.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DeathTrap

For those familiar with the Necrons: Ghost Ark or Doomsday Ark? Immortals or Deathguard?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.