Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 23, 2015

Mixing the grimdark fantasy world of Warhammer with the co-operative horde-slaying gameplay of the Left 4 Dead series, Vermintide pits a ragtag group of heroes against an endless army of the underground-dwelling Skaven.

Are people going to play Vermintide on console?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is coming out tomorrow for console and I see zero buzz. It's a game I've been interested in since its PC launch, and I want to pick it up, but I'm worried it's going to die very quickly on consoles, especially Xbox (the platform I'd probably play it on.) I can't reliably get 4 people together to play, so I'd need at least some PU groups, and I'm worried that with Gears 4 horde mode doing a somewhat similar thing and all the other holiday releases it's going to be a ghost town.

This seems like an insane time to release this game. Why not wait until spring when the schedule is a bit clearer?

I had the experience of buying God Mode on PS3 and only getting into a group with one other person once, despite trying like 10 times. Not eager to repeat. That game only cost me $3 though, this one they're asking $40.

If enough bombers are planning on playing then at least maybe I could find a group with them a few times.

What do people think's going to happen with this?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It'll probably do alright on PS4, who the hell knows on XBone.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LeStephan

Im planning on getting it on ps4 but not untill next month. If its not dead by then at least :p

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for a bit of user feedback on performance before I pick it up on PS4 but I've definitely been looking forward to it. Thanks for the reminder.

Invo1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've really wanted to play this ever since watching the quicklook with Vinny and Austin. That said, I'm going to wait for impressions before I pick it up on PS4.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number of enemies in a given instance hinders performance of consoles. Who knows?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Played the beta today on XB1. It ran fine. Looks like fun. I played w/the AI and they seemed ok. But to get past easy you'll need a team and communication just like LFD. It was only $32 on Amazon for me so I ordered it. Some of my friends are checking it out so maybe I can get a few to play with.

Any GB duders add for this and Gears 4 Horde mode: GT=PWEID5

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to get it on Xbox but all these indie multiplayer game ports always come out crappy so I might wait. I played some of the demo they had out and it ran ok but I had issues with the controls. Whenever I swung my weapon the camera would jerk up and aim at the sky for no reason.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrotherBran

This game has zero depth, it is a solid idea but having to rely on random loot drops until you see any meaningful difference in combat made me fall off really fast. I imagine it won't sell as well on consoles but that the few people who do get it will stick with it. Maybe this will infuse some cash and they will actually keep their word and release some new classes

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope the framerate is stable and playable; the game had lots of issues when it launched on PC and ports can be extremely hit or miss.

I'm excited for it and am trying to get lots of PS4 buddies, but if the performance isn't up to snuff I won't bother trying to sell them on it

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brotherbran: havent played in a while but i believe that added more to the crafting to make getting decent loot better.

As far as longevity, who can really say. When i played on pc it was pretty lively and playing with randoms wasnt all that bad at all. Definitely wasnt a great solo experience but they did make some changes since i last played to the ai. I played for a good month or so and got my value out of it, was not 60$ on pc so im not sure what the cost on console is.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

This game has zero depth, it is a solid idea but having to rely on random loot drops until you see any meaningful difference in combat made me fall off really fast. I imagine it won't sell as well on consoles but that the few people who do get it will stick with it. Maybe this will infuse some cash and they will actually keep their word and release some new classes

This is how I felt about it after a bit. I just didn't enjoy how it progressed. If a game like this is done well I can stick with it even if it isn't amazing. I played a pretty good amount of Payday 2. This did not keep me playing.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i played it during the steam free weekend and i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would after oving left 4 dead so i don't really care about it

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Left 4 Dead and its sequel get played like crazy, so if those people find out that there's a game in the same vein as those, they'll get on it to at least try it out. I mean, look at the original numbers on Evolve: people bought into that based purely on the pedigree of Turtle Rock being the developer. Granted, that game went to shit...then turned into something pretty alright when it went F2P.

Vermintide is dope as shit, so if people see that it's basically L4D-Lite, then yeah, they'll play it on console...until the new Call of Duty comes out.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
    tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually very excited for this game, and I got my buddies to download the demo on XB1, we all played it together, and wow the controls were broken! The Y axis kept getting stuck and would not look down during combat, so that kinda ruined everything for the group. This is what I get for getting excited.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Nah. It's not like Payday 2 set the console world on fire.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mems1224

@tavistavistavis said:

I was actually very excited for this game, and I got my buddies to download the demo on XB1, we all played it together, and wow the controls were broken! The Y axis kept getting stuck and would not look down during combat, so that kinda ruined everything for the group. This is what I get for getting excited.

I saw on reddit that the devs said they were aware and that it would be fixed in the launch version.

*edited with link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/550r0k/targetinglook_control_error_on_xbox_one/

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: so only like a month since infinite warfare comes out november 4

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impartialgecko: That's probably more to do with it being such a terrible port than the content of the game.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

been playing this on xbox today and it seems like a competent port. the camera glitch from the beta is gone

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Tried playing some of the PS4 version over the weekend. I'd call my overall experience very negative. I played three games on normal where my party got wiped and every other game I got into lagged out and ended the session, rewarding no experience at all. Matchmaking was already super finicky and unreliable, however at some point it just seemed to stop working altogether. Not sure where the Fatshark guys learned English but they should not have the wording on the matchmaking UI say "Game Found" followed by "Joining Game" when it very clearly hasn't found a fucking game nor is it joining one.

So yeah, guess I threw $40 away for nothing when I would have rather put that towards some other game. It sucks but I guess I just have to live and learn on this one. Who knows, it might actually be a playable port at some point in the future. As of now I'd say pass on the PS4 version.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brotherbran: havent played in a while but i believe that added more to the crafting to make getting decent loot better.

As far as longevity, who can really say. When i played on pc it was pretty lively and playing with randoms wasnt all that bad at all. Definitely wasnt a great solo experience but they did make some changes since i last played to the ai. I played for a good month or so and got my value out of it, was not 60$ on pc so im not sure what the cost on console is.

I played it this weekend with some friends on PC and I can say I don't think there's much depth added to the crafting.

It basically goes like this, you can reforge items of a low quality into one of a higher quality. The more items you add into the pool the fewer materials it costs. Five low tier items get you an uncommon one, which will have a mediocre ability tied to it which you then have to pay to unlock. Then you turn that into a rare, and that into a legendary. After four games none of us got anything that improved the combat in anyway and we were still just running through rats mashing the right trigger to attack.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Everything to do with crafting and loot with this game was designed by a crazy person. Could not have been screwed up more.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: It's pretty bad. It doesn't help that there's barely anything to it either. If you got lots of different random gear (head, armour, gloves, rings, weapons etc) it might not be so bad. But you spend 30 minutes doing a mission to get a random weapon and it might end up being for a class you don't even use. At least with something like Payday you got plenty of cash and could for the most part just buy what you wanted.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OurSin_360

I guess you would have to enjoy arpg diablo type games with random loot. I enjoyed vermintide when i played it, crafting seemed fine and i liked the gameplay so grinding wasn't too bad for me. Also didn't mind changing classes as they were all pretty fun imo.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@jesus_phish: Plus you get basically jack for getting wiped and that can put you totally at the mercy of others. The whole game is sloppy in execution outside of basic gameplay.

Payday 2 is so much better from that perspective.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.