Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

how big can the batles be?

luffylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By luffylol

people talk about big fights in WAR, but exactly how many people can fight in a battle at once without server crash, and what kinda rig would it take to pull it off?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

They are big battles compared to, say, WoW. it's not a 100+ user thing, usually. More along the lines for 20+ vs 20+. As to rig, if it can play the game without any major hitches, it should be fine.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

They 'can' get that high, but  until a large amount of people get at max rank, they aren't going to all go to one area and just have an all out war, its usually spread out a bit more.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psynapse

I've heard that the larger fights are around 200 people...

And saying its big compared to Wow and then saying 20+ vs 20+ is not true because Wow has 40 vs 40 PVP...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
    Psynapse said:
    "I've heard that the larger fights are around 200 people...

And saying its big compared to Wow and then saying 20+ vs 20+ is not true because Wow has 40 vs 40 PVP..."
    When you get into the very late T4 content where you'll be sacking the other faction's city, then...as far as I understand...it gets pretty massive.  How massive, I don't know.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Reale
    Psynapse said:
    "I've heard that the larger fights are around 200 people...

And saying its big compared to Wow and then saying 20+ vs 20+ is not true because Wow has 40 vs 40 PVP..."
    Yeah, i too have heard this 200 people RvR... i think it was either a video review or somthing... cant remember where from though
    igl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By igl

There are arena-style (Scenario) battles with 10vs10 and then there is open RvR with as much people wanting showing up, wanting to fight. However these areas are pretty much empty most of the time, in the lower rank tiers.
    Guess judgement can be made when the majority of the players max out, and start wanting to occupy the other factions city. It's Open ended at that point, let's see how many show up.
    DAOC style would be massive, with the healers looking into the ground, away from combat to get healing done with a handful frames per second.

With the scenarios as a second opportunity to fight, I can imagin it won't be as extreme, since the users online will be more scattered into their small battles. Ask again in 2 months, or wait until videos of the glory show up on teh utube.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Reale

last night i witnessed 20v20+ i just sat an healed/RESed as best i could! it was really fun to take part in!

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Slunks

I've taken apart of a fair share of 40vs40's. Usually you see most of those people right upfront with each other pushing back and forth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.