Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

How much you wanna bet?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xruntime

That in two months everyone will forget about this game and cancel their subscription.

I've seen it happen with almost every MMO since WoW, most recently Age of Conan. The first two weeks people call it the best MMO ever, even better than WoW, and then a month or two later, nobody plays it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Doubtful. It's EA Mythic, with the power of the corporation behind it. Even if it does falter, they would probably boost it. EA needs a good MMO in their repertoire.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

Well i've become skeptical, almost cynical about MMO's lately and my first impressions of WAR are negative ones. GOA screwed around the EU playerbase and couldn't even organise the open beta properly so i've purposely not bought WAR. I do agree that a lot of people will probably worship this game  for the first couple of weeks and then depending how buggy or in need of patches it is we'll see more people leave or stay later on.

Personally after Age of Conan's recent update i've payed for another months subscription to play that. I only played the first free month with AoC after paying full retail price so i kind of want to get some more playtime in it, might aswell try to enjoy it after paying for the game.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xxNBxx

I don't think WAR will drop off as much as AOC did. Mostly cause the PvP is better worked out then AOC.  Granted i can see ppl like Jacob playing WAR to WoTLK comes out.  But give two months to WoTLK and you will see ppl move back to WAR.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By giyanks22
    xruntime said:
    "That in two months everyone will forget about this game and cancel their subscription.

I've seen it happen with almost every MMO since WoW, most recently Age of Conan. The first two weeks people call it the best MMO ever, even better than WoW, and then a month or two later, nobody plays it."
    He's right, because with all the great PC games coming out people will just toss this aside and play Fallout 3, Farcry 2, COD WAW, and all the other great stuff....
    tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tokyochicken

I really think it might turn out well the DOAC guys were really able to keep an audeince, for a while at least. Tbh though I really have no clue what happend to AoC.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By jimbo_n

Im not even going to think about questions like this and just enjoy the game..
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Im enjoying the game becasue its something different from WoW. I know every name of every NPC in Outland by now..

CyborgNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By CyborgNinja

You forgot to mention people/WoW vets are sick of WoW and Wotlk brings nothing worth while to even start up my account again.

Chosen > Death Knight
    Siege battles,keep battles,rvr and scenarios > any pvp change in Wotlk
    1-40 > 1-80
    1-40 > 70-80

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Phantom_Crash
    CyborgNinja said:
    "You forgot to mention people/WoW vets are sick of WoW and Wotlk brings nothing worth while to even start up my account again.

Chosen > Death Knight
    1-40 > 1-80
    1-40 > 70-80"
    I started to play WoW in march 2005 and have stoped playing a few months ago.
    Blizzard never does much else except making dungeons and raids these days and WotLK will not be different. I have no faith in them as developers.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Royale
    CyborgNinja said:
    "You forgot to mention people/WoW vets are sick of WoW and Wotlk brings nothing worth while to even start up my account again.

Chosen > Death Knight
    1-40 > 1-80
    1-40 > 70-80"
    I'm with CyborgNinja.  I played WoW since launch with a few breaks (when I got married and another when my kid was born).  I quit about 6 months ago.  Wrath does absolutely nothing for me.  the RVR in WAR is awesome.  I don't forsee this going away.  I played AoC and put up with the bugs for a couple months... and WAR is a lot less buggy that AoC ever was.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

You think AoC and WAR suffer from the same problems?  Have you even played WAR or are you just coming on the board to make a cocky statement for kicks.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac

WAR looks just like WoW. Notice, I said looks, not is. I'll say that some people will stay on longer than that now due to this thread, though.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By xruntime
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "You think AoC and WAR suffer from the same problems?  Have you even played WAR or are you just coming on the board to make a cocky statement for kicks."
    I don't play MMO games (I have a life :D ) . But it's an observation - and its not just Age of Conan, they hyped up LOTR and Guild Wars and Matrix as well, none of them caught on like Warcraft did and there aren't that many people who still play 'em.
    CyborgNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CyborgNinja
    xruntime said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "You think AoC and WAR suffer from the same problems?  Have you even played WAR or are you just coming on the board to make a cocky statement for kicks."
    I don't play MMO games (I have a life :D ) . But it's an observation - and its not just Age of Conan, they hyped up LOTR and Guild Wars and Matrix as well, none of them caught on like Warcraft did and there aren't that many people who still play 'em."
    WAR is made by the same people who made DaoC which was one of the best MMOs before WoW (DoaC from what I've heard was prolly the best pvp MMO tell this day and it was released sometime in 2001).
    Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Schizoid

I really hope it doesn't die down, I bought it an hour ago and I'm in for the long haul! I'm going off a ton of good feedback so I hope it's worth the cash.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm proud that I don't know what DoaC is. :D

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By weltal

I doubt it. Having played AOC from launch to the end of my free month I can say the reason I got bored was because there was so very little to do in the game. I got to level 75 largely because I hooked up with an awesome guild but I just didn't have a justification to continue playing.

After playing the the open beta for WOAR, I don't sense the same feeling of being confined to small instanced areas, like AOC. In any case it's alot like WOW, which I guess is supposed to be a good thing...?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

As someone who has played DAoC, WoW, Vanguard, Guild Wars, and Conan...I'll say this:

Warhammer beats them all.

I would go on and on and on and explain all the great things about it so far (I'm Rank 14 Marauder on Monolith, Finlee).  However, I'll just end up writing a review once I hit Rank 20.

I doubt this game will linger off into nothingness.  Will Lich King trump it?  I'm sure you'll see a decline in the number of people ONLINE on WAR once Lich King hits, but to be honest...it says a lot about Blizz's product when they start adding all the stuff into WoW 3 years after the fact (almost 4 years, right) that Warhammer has right off the bat.  =  /
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_
    CyborgNinja said:
    "xruntime said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    I don't play MMO games (I have a life :D ) . But it's an observation - and its not just Age of Conan, they hyped up LOTR and Guild Wars and Matrix as well, none of them caught on like Warcraft did and there aren't that many people who still play 'em."
    WAR is made by the same people who made DaoC which was one of the best MMOs before WoW (DoaC from what I've heard was prolly the best pvp MMO tell this day and it was released sometime in 2001)."
    DaoC was a freaking great game, but Guild Wars has definitely surpassed it PVP-wise. Who knows if WAR will be able to surpass those 2 giants though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.