Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Official Warhammer Online Showoff Thread

• 56 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Figured we could use a place for people to show off their gear, progress, and such.

Finlee Kilgour and his trusty steed, Kilgour II
    Finlee Kilgour and his trusty steed, Kilgour II
    Finlee Kilgour, Chaos Marauder
    Finally hit Rank 20, got my mount, and created my last name.
    Still haven't run a single damn dungeon yet
    Rank 13 Renown (haven't done much RvR since the shit NEVER FUCKING QUEUES)
    Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Psynapse
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Royale

I don't have a picture  to post (I'm at work) but:

Knarnak, Greenskin Shaman
    Rank 13
    Renown 10
    Can't wait for mount!
    Guild: Signs and Symptoms
    Server: Wurtbad

http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmwar/CharacterInfo.war?id=2164&server=200

I  just got an purple quality staff from a PQ... pretty awesome.

About scenarios... in WAR, you can queue wherever you want and when you leave the scenario, you respawn where you left off in the world.  That's what make the queues bearable for me.  Sometimes I'm so into whatever I'm doing that a queue pops after quite a while and I just decline the scenario and re-queue.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By demonbear

Mean Mofo
    Mean Mofo

Demonbear, Chaos Zealot
    Rank 17
    Renown 12
    Guild: Catastrophe
    Server: Wastelands
    HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HitNRun

(Moblin, 11/8 Goblin Squig Herder, Praag server)  If you want to RvR, you can go to the "lakes" in just about every zone. It's not as fun as the full Team v. Team scenarios, but there's always someone from the other faction in there, making trouble and capping the outposts.

@Psynapse: It depended on what server you played on, just like it does in WAR. I play(ed) WoW from release on an original server and queues were a nightmare. Half an hour for WSG, 2 hours for AV up until the 2.1 patch. Right now it takes about 20 minutes for scenarios on my server. Which is fine right now because you still have a whole laundry list of stuff to do while you wait. It will probably get annoying once everyone gets to the cap, but Mythic was good in Dark Age of Camelot with making people travel around to RvR to keep their Realm on top. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
    demonbear said:
    "

Mean Mofo
    Mean Mofo

Demonbear, Chaos Zealot
    Rank 17
    Renown 12
    Server: Wastelands"
    Are those just your settings, or are the graphics just that bad?
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By demonbear

its a compressed jpg, chill out.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Royale
    Vinchenzo said:
    "demonbear said:
    "

Mean Mofo
    Mean Mofo

Demonbear, Chaos Zealot
    Rank 17
    Renown 12
    Are those just your settings, or are the graphics just that bad?"
    trolld.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Royale said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "demonbear said:
    "

Mean Mofo
    Mean Mofo

Demonbear, Chaos Zealot
    Rank 17
    Renown 12
    trolld."
    Hardly a troll. I just hear mixed things on Warhammer. Such as the spell effects being terrible, but the game looking overall great. I also believe graphics don't mean everything, since art direction is a primary concern. Then again, that character does look ugly regardless of graphical quality.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187

Demonbear definitely has his settings turned down, looks like 1024x768.  Mine was running at full settings, 1280x1024 on an ATI x1800 when I snapped it.  The game really does look good.  The spell effects aren't horrible at all, but if you want to compare it to a 4-year old MMO with 11 million subscribers...I guess you can do that.  =  /

Now that I got my Marauder to 20, I'm gonna go bust my Ironbreaker up to 20 and get him a mount as well.  Once I hit 20, I realized that I've got a smooth ride now where I can enjoy the game instead of rushing to get a mount.  I'm looking forward to it.

P.S. - Monolith's Chaos just hit Rank 3 on our city yesterday.  =  D

Has anyone run any dungeons yet?
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By OGCartman

Too lazy to take an SS, and Sorcerrer's dont look that badass till about level 25.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
    RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedCricketChase

As far as the graphics go in WAR.. in my opinion they kind of feel soulless and uninteresting. Kind of a contrast in basic vision between it and WoW: WAR is better technically (textures and such) while WoW is wayyyyy better in terms of overall feel and artistic depth!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
    RedCricketChase said:
    "As far as the graphics go in WAR.. in my opinion they kind of feel soulless and uninteresting. Kind of a contrast in basic vision between it and WoW: WAR is better technically (textures and such) while WoW is wayyyyy better in terms of overall feel and artistic depth!"
    Can't say that I agree with that.  Graphically, the game looks a hell of a lot nicer and presents a much more alive feeling to the surroundings.  My only real problem with it is the animations.
    Oh, and again...you are comparing a 4 year game to a 1 month game.  =  /  Although, in arguments against WAR...the damn thing shouldn't have ANY of the animation problems it has with a 3 year dev time.

I'm gonna probably jump back on tomorrow and start playin the hell out of it again.  Situation with my roommate has kept me from being able to play the past few days.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo
    jakob187 said:
    "RedCricketChase said:
    "As far as the graphics go in WAR.. in my opinion they kind of feel soulless and uninteresting. Kind of a contrast in basic vision between it and WoW: WAR is better technically (textures and such) while WoW is wayyyyy better in terms of overall feel and artistic depth!"
    Can't say that I agree with that.  Graphically, the game looks a hell of a lot nicer and presents a much more alive feeling to the surroundings.  My only real problem with it is the animations.
    Oh, and again...you are comparing a 4 year game to a 1 month game.  =  /  Although, in arguments against WAR...the damn thing shouldn't have ANY of the animation problems it has with a 3 year dev time.

I'm gonna probably jump back on tomorrow and start playin the hell out of it again.  Situation with my roommate has kept me from being able to play the past few days.
    "
    What is wrong with comparing a 4 year game to a 1 month game? WoW has never been changed as far as anything that has been brought up. Warcraft just has a great art direction, which is what keeps the game going. Almost any computer can run it at top specs, and it still looks great despite being older. If anything, WoW is just more polished and bug-free which is what those 4 years do. WAR can require more specs as much as it wants, but art direction will almost always be a bigger draw.
    RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedCricketChase

Thanks, jakob187, i forgot about the almost nonexistent animations in WAR... man. That world just isn't one I want to spend any time in, unlike WoW :( I really wanted to love WAR too! Me and my BF were hoping to switch to it from WoW..

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
    Vinchenzo said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "RedCricketChase said:

"
    What is wrong with comparing a 4 year game to a 1 month game? WoW has never been changed as far as anything that has been brought up. Warcraft just has a great art direction, which is what keeps the game going. Almost any computer can run it at top specs, and it still looks great despite being older. If anything, WoW is just more polished and bug-free which is what those 4 years do. WAR can require more specs as much as it wants, but art direction will almost always be a bigger draw."
    WoW is a cartoony knock-off of Warhammer.  So if anything, I'd at least call it unoriginal art direction.  =  /  But that's another debate on its own, and would create tons of nerd rage, which is not the purpose of this thread.  We wanna debate about that one, start up a new thread. 
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vinchenzo
    jakob187 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "RedCricketChase said:

"
    What is wrong with comparing a 4 year game to a 1 month game? WoW has never been changed as far as anything that has been brought up. Warcraft just has a great art direction, which is what keeps the game going. Almost any computer can run it at top specs, and it still looks great despite being older. If anything, WoW is just more polished and bug-free which is what those 4 years do. WAR can require more specs as much as it wants, but art direction will almost always be a bigger draw."
    WoW is a cartoony knock-off of Warhammer.  So if anything, I'd at least call it unoriginal art direction.  =  /  But that's another debate on its own, and would create tons of nerd rage, which is not the purpose of this thread.  We wanna debate about that one, start up a new thread. "
    You're right, forget all the other Warcrafts.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    Vinchenzo said:
    "You're right, forget all the other Warcrafts."
    *ugh*  Guess I've gotta offer a history lesson in the wrong thread:
    Warhammer was originally licensed to Blizzard way back when, before they made Warcraft.  While they were in the middle of developing an RTS of the franchise, Games Workshop didn't dig what they were doing and pulled the license from them.  In turn, Blizzard was left with a ton of assets and not much to do with them.  They turned all that around by making their own mythology for the game, slapped WarCraft on it, and made a million bucks.

That's one of the prime reasons why the WoW world is considered to be a Warhammer knock-off...because it is.  =  /

Now, let's get back on topic...again...for the second thread that I started...please....
    RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RedCricketChase

But Blizz obviously has more skill in designing animations and cohesive, visually interesting color schemes, and living, breathing worlds that people want to be in. ^ ^

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
    RedCricketChase said:
    "But Blizz obviously has more skill in designing animations and cohesive, visually interesting color schemes, and living, breathing worlds that people want to be in. ^ ^"
    And you trying to base subscription numbers by comparing a 4 year old game against a 1 month old game.  Hrmmm...
    I'm not saying that WarCraft doesn't have a good sense of art, but I am saying that you can't compare the two.  I don't even understand where people are getting the WAR-to-WoW comparison IN TERMS OF GRAPHICS, besides the fact that they lessened everything in WAR to try and get it to run on simple computers, as well as the over-exaggeration of the character models.  Other than that, Warhammer is set in a slightly more reality-based style of world.  Warcraft purposely tries to be like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.

Personally, I like both art styles.  I just happen to enjoy WAR's brutal assertion to it all more.

BACK
    ON
    TOPIC!!!
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vinchenzo
    jakob187 said:
    "RedCricketChase said:
    "But Blizz obviously has more skill in designing animations and cohesive, visually interesting color schemes, and living, breathing worlds that people want to be in. ^ ^"
    And you trying to base subscription numbers by comparing a 4 year old game against a 1 month old game.  Hrmmm...
    I'm not saying that WarCraft doesn't have a good sense of art, but I am saying that you can't compare the two.  I don't even understand where people are getting the WAR-to-WoW comparison IN TERMS OF GRAPHICS, besides the fact that they lessened everything in WAR to try and get it to run on simple computers, as well as the over-exaggeration of the character models.  Other than that, Warhammer is set in a slightly more reality-based style of world.  

Warcraft purposely tries to be like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.

Personally, I like both art styles.  I just happen to enjoy WAR's brutal assertion to it all more.

BACK
    ON
    TOPIC!!!
    "
    Sorry to continue this argument where I previously got "owned" but, it's not that cartoony, just overexaggerated.

Edit: And by that cartoony, I meant as much as a morning cartoon. It has humor, bright colors, but the characters are still pretty serious.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
    Vinchenzo said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "RedCricketChase said:
    I'm not saying that WarCraft doesn't have a good sense of art, but I am saying that you can't compare the two.  I don't even understand where people are getting the WAR-to-WoW comparison IN TERMS OF GRAPHICS, besides the fact that they lessened everything in WAR to try and get it to run on simple computers, as well as the over-exaggeration of the character models.  Other than that, Warhammer is set in a slightly more reality-based style of world.  

Warcraft purposely tries to be like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.

BACK
    ON
    TOPIC!!!
    "
    Sorry to continue this argument where I previously got "owned" but, it's not that cartoony, just overexaggerated.

Edit: And by that cartoony, I meant as much as a morning cartoon. It has humor, bright colors, but the characters are still pretty serious."
    Vinchenzo...I hate you sometimes.  o_o  Quit bustin' my balls.  lol  = P
    Majeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Majeh
    caption
    caption
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By demonbear
    jakob187 said:
    "Demonbear definitely has his settings turned down, looks like 1024x768.  "
    Again, NO its a compressed jpg from a screenshot which is already a jpeg, jesus i cant believe i'll have to take another snapshot for the graphic pussies out there....

And my character rules, he looks like a shirtless Rob Zombie. I love it. Go roll a gnome, Bambie-lover!

EDIT : i found this earlier picture of my character, again, NOT high rez....

caption
    caption
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Royale
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Royale said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "demonbear said:
    "

Mean Mofo
    Mean Mofo

Demonbear, Chaos Zealot
    Rank 17
    Renown 12
    trolld."
    Hardly a troll. I just hear mixed things on Warhammer. Such as the spell effects being terrible, but the game looking overall great. I also believe graphics don't mean everything, since art direction is a primary concern. Then again, that character does look ugly regardless of graphical quality."
    It just seemed like you're judging the graphics quality of a game you haven't played from a enlarged extremely cropped compressed screenshot.  Check some of the screenshots on the site if you want a real idea about the graphics in the game.

In regards to the characters ugliness, it's hard to make a good looking male chaos anything.  Chaos are evil and ugly and that's about it.  Even the female chaos are unattractive.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Kazona

I ain't posting my character yet--I'm too much of a lowbie.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Royale
    knarnak rank 15
    knarnak rank 15
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By demonbear

Here's my mount shot.

caption
    caption
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Patchinko

I've got a very nice looking level 15 Zealot named Oberynne, I'll post a screenshot later tonight.

I've dyed his gear so it's some pretty awesome shades of red. :)

To the people comparing this to WoW: WAR's graphics are vastly superior in every way. I'm playing both games on the highest settings on my current computer and WoW cannot compete at those settings.

But the point about art direction is true: WoW's art direction is, in my opinion, superior. The zones, especially in Burning Crusade, are astounding, and many of the enemies are very cool looking. It's quite cartoony, but that's part of the personality of the game.

WAR is much grittier and dark generally. Admittedly, the Order areas are brighter, but still have that gritty, realistic feeling. But, to me, that also makes it look a little bit less friendly. That said, the character designs generally blow WoW's out of the water. Goofy Illidan looks like something out of Dragonball Z, while many of the characters in WAR look like something out of Lord of the Rings.

One thing must be said against WAR, though: It has major animation problems. Problems that used to exist in WoW but have mostly been fixed are rife in WAR currently (characters getting frozen in poses, mobs not being where they look like they are, ranged attacks looking very strange). But again, it's two weeks old and WoW is four years old--I don't expect it to be as polished as WoW yet.

But the gameplay, which is what truly counts, IMO, is vastly superior in WAR. It especially seems that Blizzard is doing a rush-job on WOTLK and really messing up most of the classes with very weak new talent trees on top of stale gameplay. Anyway, if you must keep playing WoW, have fun, but you're doing yourself a disservice.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187

Cool beans, guys.

I just hit Rank 22 today, joined up with a guild finally called <Horde> (of course, lol).  Very cool stuff.  Gave me a closer look into the guild content that I hadn't seen before.  There's some very interesting stuff in there, and the guild raids 3 nights a week...so once I get into some of that stuff, I'll throw up some updates and let everyone know what's goin' down.

Don't have a new screenshot to boast on here, as I have failed to grab one in a couple days.  =  /
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Patchinko
    Oberynne of Ostermark, Rank 15
    Oberynne of Ostermark, Rank 15
    Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vecta
    caption

Rank 28
    RR 25
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Royale
    Patchinko said:
    Holy crap... I never thought I would have liked this feature as much as I do!  :)
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jakob187
    Royale said:
    "Patchinko said:
    Holy crap... I never thought I would have liked this feature as much as I do!  :)"
    Never played Guild Wars, eh?  I remember how much black dye cost on that game...
    ...and I'm hoping there is some black dye somewhere in THIS game!!!  I'll post a new screen up in my OP tonight.  Got some wicked lookin' new armor.  Workin' on RR right now to try and get muh epics at Rank 26!!!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jakob187

Alright, busted Rank 24 today.  Dyed my armor up a little bit, plus got the OP axe from the Chapter 12 Dark Elf influence.  For those Destros out there that haven't heard about this, the Chapter 12 advanced reward is a completely OP weapon for Rank 24 toons.  To compare:

Chaos Chapter 12 offers a blue mace at ELITE that is 33.0 DPS with something like a 3.2 speed, some decent stats.
    Greenskin Chapter 12 offers a blue mace at ELITE that is 33.7 DPS or something like that with a slow speed as well.
    Dark Elf Chapter 12 offers an GREEN axe at ADVANCED (a step lower) that is 43.9 DPS, 2.4 speed, 24 str, 16 tough, and 5 weapon skill.

Quite a bit of a jump.  That's just for Marauders...I don't know how it plays out for all the other races' rewards yet.  Nonetheless, it's ridiculously OP, and I've been wreckin' shop with it like there's no tomorrow.  Here's a couple of new screens of Finlee Kilgour.  The first is just a basic vanity shot, while the second was taken to show off one of the cooler features of the game:  changing physical appearance as you level up.  The higher level you become, your physical appearances will change.  With Dwarves, their beard gets longer.  With Squig Herders, their Squigs get larger and gnarlier.  With Marauders...our mutations grow more and more on our bodies.  So, in the second pic, notice the new amount of spikes and scale on my left arm:

Finlee Kilgour and his new gear
    Finlee Kilgour and his new gear
    I use the spikes to scratch my ear when it itches...
    I use the spikes to scratch my ear when it itches...
    The guild that I'm in now, <Horde>, raids three nights a week, and we've currently cleared all of the T3 dungeon content in the game, as well as knocked out all the Battlefield Objectives at one point or another.  Order has actually stopped queueing at times for scenarios because we've been raping them so much.

A few things I wanted to add that I've noticed I like and dislike about the game:

Like:  the progressively darker look of gear in the game
    Dislike:  Knockbacks in Tor Anroc (one of the scenarios, fuck knockbacks and FUCK LAVA)
    Like:  T3 PQs - it just seems like the PQs keep getting cooler every time I get higher level
    Dislike:  the low amount of loot bags that seem to drop from the higher content PQs, even though it usually requires a few more players than previous PQs in other tiers seemed to require

I also wanted to comment on the previous installment of Warhammer Impressions that the GB staff did.  I think it was Snide that was saying that he was afraid that melee DPS would end up being overpowered in RvR matches.  As far as I've seen, the only way that melee DPS is really OP is in the fact that tanks get crazy knockbacks.  Otherwise, they usually stand around and take a shit load of damage while all the ranged beat the fuck out of people.  Bright Wizard and Disciple of Khaine are easily the most OP classes for RvR, and they seriously need to be looked at.  It's ridiculous that a Bright Wizard can spam one AoE and wipe out an entire RvR team!!!  Every match of Tor Anroc or Talabec Dam that I've done in the last four days or so...BWs and DoKs are always topping the dmg chart...and it's usually by triple the dmg of the majority of people in the match.  Now, this could just be that they play their classes VERY well...but when 3 BWs are beating everyone else with 90k dmg dealt, while the next guy below them is 20-25k...I'd say it's a problem.  Luckily, when you roll in an organized group, it doesn't seem like much of a problem because you can prioritize what classes to hit first.  So, I just thought I'd throw that out there for everyone, including you guys on the GB staff, as food for thought.

The last part of my wall of text is that I wanted to point out how much the Mythic staff has impressed me in the last week.  Many of the performance issues that were littering the launch have been drastically upgraded, and I rarely see a drop in frame rate or even many of the lag issues that were there early on.  The servers have remained very stable, which is something most MMOs cannot claim.  These guys are listening to the players and really working super hard to make this a great game.  I'm looking forward to next week, as I'm hoping to bust past 30 and get into some T4 content so I can throw some words out about that.

So how's everyone else been progressing along?  Hope everyone is still enjoying the game as much as I am.
    makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By makari

caption
    yeah, my rank 40 disciple of khaine, complete with chalice-that-thinks-its-a-sword. people are finally getting to tier 4 on my server so the action is ramping up. destruction took thunder mountain last night, was pretty epic. cant wait for more people to get to t4.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayge_

This looks nuts. I wish my PC ran it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jakob187

Alright, folks.  It's been a few days.  Let's get some updates from the community!  WHOO-HOO!

I hit 25.  Been leveling slowly right now, as I'm trying to let some friends catch up to me right now.  It gave me a chance to do some exploring and backtracking.  Therefore, I went on a hunt for bestiary unlocks and titles...especially since the newest patch put the Tome Tactic librarians back in the game!!!

I found a great forum thread over at Warhammer Alliance that detailed a lot of locations for bestiary and title unlocks.  The link is as follows:

It offers up a ton of the known unlocks by zones, complete with coordinates and everything.  Is it cheating?  Nah.  It's an MMO.  lol  I'm up to 70+ titles now with a ton of bestiary unlocks, as well as two tome tactics!  YAY!  I've got one that is 5% extra dmg to Skavens and another that reduces my aggro range of beasts by 50%.  The second helps with exploring later zones in T3 and T4 A LOT!  The way tome tactics work is that each class in your bestiary has a list of unlocks to fulfill for each.  As you go down the line, there will be some that offer "tome tactic points".  The more of these that you unlock, you'll gain enough points to end up buying the actual tactic abilities from your local librarian.  I believe the beast one is 9 tactic points, while the Queek Reek is a simple "go and do this" type of mission.

As for unlocking all these titles and tactics, it's time-consuming unless you are already in the zone for it...and even then, you'll be going to odds and ends of the world to find them.  It definitely helped me learn my areas a lot more, as well as forced me to finally explore the Dark Elves' territory (I hate elves, but it's quests in T2 that still offer decent XP).  As it stands - I hate The Shadowlands.  The area is very difficult to navigate and makes me wonder why anyone thought that zone design like this was a GOOD idea.  I'm also not a big fan of the follow-up area, Ellyrion (sp?).  It's very cramped and small, something that seems the exact OPPOSITE of every other zone I've seen so far.

I did, however, venture into High Pass...and ZOMFG!  Any zone that features bodies being impaled and torn apart by ice spikes automatically wins...period.  The only thing that MIGHT be able to top it might be the zone with a name that sounds promising:  Death Peak.

Other than that, I ran around a lot while naked beating shit up and getting titles for stuff.  It was fun, sweet, got a little XP out of it and another level.

One last thing for this wall of text:  Marauders, if you are planning to do hardcore RvR, Path of Savagery is the way to go.  In PvE alone, I've been outputting almost 25% more DPS, and in RvR, the Wave of Mutilation skill is amazing.  I can't wait to get my skill for 75% reduced heals to target.  MS FTW!

So what have you guys been up to?
    Parabola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Parabola

I still can't find a class to really play, well I mean, I just keep restarting characters, need to stick to one ._.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Reale
    Now that i have managed to actually play the game! here is my guy at level 7?ish or so...
    Now that i have managed to actually play the game! here is my guy at level 7?ish or so...
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187
    Parabola said:
    "I still can't find a class to really play, well I mean, I just keep restarting characters, need to stick to one ._."
    A bit of advice:  you will NOT see any of a class' capabilities until after level 20.  I kept feeling like my Marauder was worthless...until I hit 20.  The skills that I was getting afterwards made me a vital addition to any RvR match.  Between the ailments, the healing debuff, and my now massive attacks (thanks to respeccing Savagery), I can easily say that I'm happy with the choice of class that I made.
    Right now, I'm going to be taking a small two or three day break to play some Xbox games that I need to catch up on...and try to whore some points to beat Brad's score.  = D
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Reale

and if you go order... you pick bright wizard! FACT! (it seems that whenever i run into the order... its all BW's) oh and an archer that camps one of our roofs lol

Because i keep DC'ing from the game i couldn't pick a melee DPS class or Tank, so i have gone for a zealot! (as you can see above :) however, being killed by a BW 1 level lower killing me in 1 hit is STUPID! but i look crazy and i am usually top 2 in the PQ, just spank the heal button over and over :P

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jakob187

Yeah, BW's need to be nerfed pretty hard, especially given that in RvR matches, they will always be topping dmg above every other class.  Granted, they have a lot of AoE dmg...but that AoE dmg usually kills everyone regardless.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Reale

yeah, i have seen some shocking stuff, 3 tanks vs 1 BW... guess who won... and i was doing my best to heal, its funny to see though that everyone from the get go rolled BW... they have to be the most popular class atm and when they get nerfed WAR will lose half of its members lol

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jakob187

Well, I'm just hoping that the classes don't get nerfed based on 1v1 combat, like Blizz does with WoW.  I mean, you can defeat a BW if you work well as a team, but with PUGs, it just turns into an unholy mess.  Marauders are actually pretty good against a BW, just because of all the DoTs and ailments we get to counter-act some of their stuff.  We're nothing without heals, though.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Reale

i think its what they are pushing for, end game team battles... the hole RvR thing is there moto, so i dont see it being 1v1, if you get a team that works well together it should be ok... i am thinking that armour/spells/talismans might help counter in the long run, i am sure there will be a way to work around it, like a talisman that has loads of resistance to fire and/or charms - but then you will be open to the other classes, i hope its more like that than "NURF HIM BECAUSE HE HAD 2 EXTRA DMG THAN ME!" personaly i am not into the hole numbers game... i play a class because they look cool not because of a calculator  (also, i really wanted to be a marauder lol, love the mutations!)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jakob187

I understand what you are saying completely.  I'm looking at things, however, from the fact that it seems all the community has to do is QQ even moderately and Mythic will change it up.  I'm afraid that too many people will bitch about their class being underpowered or some shit based on the fact that, like, a witch hunter beat their ass or something...and the next thing we know, we're in WoW all over again.

WoW, when it started, wasn't based on 1v1 combat either.  Look at AV.  Those things, when they came out post-launch, took fucking DAYS to finish off!  Now, as it stands, Blizz had to make a completely separate type of PvP with arenas in order to satisfy all the whiny pissy-pants' needs to /flex e-peen with small numbers PvP.

I'm sure Mythic will do great things with WAR.  I'm just afraid sometimes about what EA will have them do to pull in more numbers.
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By TomA

What's the level cap on WAR.BTW I think WAR is a joke.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jakob187
    TomA said:
    "What's the level cap on WAR.BTW I think WAR is a joke."
    Glad you have an opinion.
    Cap is 40 on character rank, 80 on renown rank, 40 on guild rank, and 4 on city rank.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Reale
    Hey jakob, you not got any armour updates you want to show off? :P your marauder is looking crazy vicious ATM lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.