Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Spite memorpegah

Mosshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Mosshammer

Becomming extreamly annoyed with how long its taking to get FFXI working and im considering getting Warhammer Online out of spite. 

Does anyone still play this? is it any good?  I followed it heavily before it launched but im not even aware of how much content even made it into the game... *researches that*

Mosshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mosshammer

Becomming extreamly annoyed with how long its taking to get FFXI working and im considering getting Warhammer Online out of spite. 

Does anyone still play this? is it any good?  I followed it heavily before it launched but im not even aware of how much content even made it into the game... *researches that*

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I've read numerous complaints and stories about how broken some mechanics are and about how unbalanced a lot of classes are. Take that with a grain of salt as I only messed around with the trial and didn't notice anything particularly wrong and didn't get far enough to notice any balance issues. I've also read post after post about the dying population, but truth be told that gets said about every MMO at one point or another. And as far as content goes, it's the same ol' there's not enough of it.

Like I said, this is pretty much all stuff I've read across numerous MMO sites and the official forums, but that's probably the typical vocal minority. I can't say for sure. I did enjoy my time in the trial, but I personally wasn't convinced enough to actually subscribe.

Mosshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mosshammer

hmm dissapointing... I guess i'll just stick it out with the crappy MMO im already comitted to then start a new one

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @Mosshammer:  You could always come join me and a bazillion other people in LotRO. Don't know if you're tried it or not, but I'm loving the hell out of it. I think it's one of the more solid and very well-polished MMOs. it's also going f2p this week to boot!
    Alexisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alexisfire

Here is a nice review about warhammer after 2 years. 
    Personally, i'm just come back to play...and i really like it, levelling without PvE it's great :) 

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Vorbis

Actually the class balance on WAR is some of the best out there, especially considering the amount of classes they have. Faction balance is a different story, there's alot more Destruction than Order. The PvP is still great, but if you want PvE avoid WAR.

PvP = WAR
    PvE = Lotro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.