Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

This pre-order business.

Orakulum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Orakulum

So I have this Collectors Edition pre-order box from a couple of months back, and I was just wondering if anyone might know how this open beta/head start madness will work. Will we have to download the game client pre-18th september?

also:
    "WAR will open its North American, European and Oceanic servers and offer players a variety of flexible subscription options. Gamers who pre-order WAR in North American will enjoy special benefits including open beta admission, a live game head start, and bonus in-game items."

Does this mean the I, being european, will not get to be in the open beta/head start, even though it says so right there on the box?

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Happy

I'm assuming they will send out emails when we can use our codes, maybe a newsletter announcement. If you didn't know, this is where you will be entering the code. https://accounts.eamythic.com (Can't enter them yet.) We will almost definitely be downloading the Open Beta client. Then most likely using the Open Beta client for the head start. That's how every other Open Beta/head start I know of has worked. Probably safe to assume this will be the same.

Where did you buy the collector's edition from? On the website it says: "Only 60,000 units of the Collector's Edition will be available in North America." Which leads me to believe the collector's edition is a North America only thing. Unless they have released another set of Collector's Edition for Europe that I am unaware of.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vlademir

Well you should already have your codes. According to people on Warhammer Alliance, you will be able to download the client for the Open Beta on August 15th. They still haven't announced when the Open Beta starts but the NDA should be lifted later this week.

You will have the client before September 18th to participate in the head-start program. You will also have a few days of playing just incase your Pre-Order comes late so you don't need to quit playing between the head-start and when you get your game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.