Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Warhammer Online - IGN Review

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OGCartman

Yay, the IGN Review is in.

IGN = 9.0

Presentation: 10
    Graphics: 8.5
    Sound: 7.5
    Gameplay: 9.0
    Lasting Appeal: 9.5

I personally think its really hard to rate an MMO, and it should be re-reviewed after a while. But IGN did sink alot of time into this one, and i think its a pretty good review.
    Although its a big 10 from my experience =P

Thoughts?
    shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shotaro

I think MMOs are extremely difficult to review because they truly try to be "please all" games - even games like Halo have a specific audience making reviewing easier. However a 9.0 seems reasonable and fits with what most people are saying about the game

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OGCartman
    Shotaro said:
    "I think MMOs are extremely difficult to review because they truly try to be "please all" games - even games like Halo have a specific audience making reviewing easier. However a 9.0 seems reasonable and fits with what most people are saying about the game"
    I agree.
    When it comes to critics my mind works alot like the GiantBomb scale. And getting a 9.0 dose justice to the game (atleast at launch, at medium levels)
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I can't believe they gave this game a 9.0 in it's current state.

Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Mistyshadow

I thought it was a pretty fair and well-written review, but he could have talked a bit more about it's down-sides.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OGCartman
    Mistyshadow said:
    "I thought it was a pretty fair and well-written review, but he could have talked a bit more about it's down-sides."
    After playing WAR, youll realize there arent really any downsides =P.
    The only one i can think off is T3 takes a long time, but thats not a bad thing. Because 6 full area's and too many scenario's to count.

I really wish these sites would re-review games after 6 months or a year, especially MMO. Like WoW for instance. None of the reviewers hit level 70 for their review. And believe me, the game starts at level 70.

I think after a year, after hitting rank 40 and doing all these PvP, the rating would be much higher.
    Not to say the review isnt great right now, just saying  that PC games should get rereviewed. Because ratings for MMOs are only valid within the first couple months and the first couple levels imo.
    Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mistyshadow

Well he didn't talk about the half-hearted crafting system for example which is very inferior to WoW's for instance.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Balls

It's weird to see Ocampo on IGN. I always thought he was one of the sexiest GS guys. I really had to try hard not to yank it off during his PC reviews.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OGCartman
    Mistyshadow said:
    "Well he didn't talk about the half-hearted crafting system for example which is very inferior to WoW's for instance."
    I have a level 40 account and still havent even learnt a profession.
    I agree that its inferrior, but it means sooooooo little in this game it can get shadowed over by "cool helmet" imo.
    Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Knives

Overrated. The more I play Warhammer, the more I respect WoW for what it has done for MMOs.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kohe321

Jason Ocampo 4tw! WAR is awesome.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Royale

I'm sure there's more in the written review than this shorty video one, but the emphasis really needs to be put on the awesome that is WAR pvp.  I just participated in my first keep siege last night and while there wasn't a ton of opposition, it was awesome.  I can't begin to imagine how sieges will be when there are tons of rank 40s running around killin stuff.  PVP is in my opinion the week point of WoW, and is what made me leave that game.  WAR pvp for me so far has been an absolute delight.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    MB said:
    "I can't believe they gave this game a 9.0 in it's current state."
    I agree.  I love the game personally, but I personally gave the game a 3.5 out of 5 on the GB scale (due to what was seen at launch, which is the way that a PC game should be reviewed).  I think it's nice and all that the IGN guys gave the game some time for patching and such, but honestly, if you waited for every PC game to get patches before reviewing it, then it would be a broken system, eh?
    With MMO games, however, I can understand how it would be different.  Even at the current state, however, I could not knowingly give this game a score as high as 9.0 without feeling like a hypocrite.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Reale

ocampo played the game from launch, he wanted to see most of the game before passing judgement so from level 1 through, he took a week on each subject from combat to crafting.. plus personal issues in there to boot (listen to the podcast to know whats going on) also take into account that each persons experience with the game will be differnt, from what i read he enjoyed himself alot with WAR so for him to rate it a 9 is fair... remember you dont have to agree with reviewers because they are just that... they are only human too

Parabola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Parabola

Ocampo sounds bored, and I think he's ninja. O.o (1:43) 

The game seems great, it just needs to fix a couple issues and not a lot of people in the game seem to talk. O.o

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.