Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

"you have been disconnected from the server "

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Reale

I bought WAR today... after 3 days of getting hold of it and now that i have it, i have installed it and patched... now i cant play the damn game. i make a character and press PLAY and it goes all fucked up and sometimes says "you have been disconnected from server " my rig is fine so it isn't that,  it is possible that it is my connection however i can play all my other games online...  any suggestions as i really want to play lol

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Royale

Make sure you don't have some sort of firewall blocking the game perhaps?

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Reale

yeah, i went through and checked, turns out i had allowed WAR.exe to run from the start so it wasnt that... i also opened up some ports. i googled around and alot of people have had the same problem, i managed to get on last night and most of today, i still get dissconeted but nothing like yesterday...

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Reale

Still got the problem, i have deleted my anti-virus software and tried it, i have added the ports that it says to add, i am now defragging my machine because it says it "might" help... but i know it wont, i will browse for any driver updates but i know i have them all... starting to get worked up on this! just want to play the game..

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Psynapse

If you are getting disconnected from the server it is a network issue, Try turning off firewalls/anti-virus for one. Another thing you can try is to put your computer on a DMZ, this opens all ports so the router/modem firewall will be non existant, now obviously this isn't safe or anything like that, but it will be good for you to try this so you can find out IF the problem is with the network or not, if none of that works, i'd suggest calling support for warhammer. They will probably get you to reinstall the game though, so you might want to check that out and reinstall just incase :(.

Hope i helped!

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Reale

lol re-installing as we speak, also i tried the hole firewalls/anti-virus stuff (as stated in above posts) the dmz i will look into after i reinstall...  i have virtually done everything they have suggested on the FAQ and all that so next time i post a help form i can say "yep, done that that and that..." 

igl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By igl

I personally never had a problem, but 2 friends of mine had strange stuff, like missing animations or even missing buildings/geometry etc.
    All was fixed easily by checking "Perform Full File Check" in the launcher before you login.
    GL mate

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Reale

it seems to be my internet... because i have problems with high ping on css and i have 4mb and 768 constant upstream..... yet still massive ping

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PureRok

Make sure your required ports are open.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Reale

ffs really pure... have you read any of my posts above... i even went DMZ and it doesn't work.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Reale

FIXXXXXXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT WAS SOMETHING NO ONE SUGGESTED!

Go to your Controlpanel -> System -> Device Manager -> Right-click onyour Networkcard and choose Properties. Once inside go to Advanced and DisableChecksum? Offload.

Grizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grizzle

Reale,

I am having a similar disconnect problem and am wondering if your solution would help, however my network card settings are different and I don't fully understand what you did and why it worked.  Checksum and offloading are supposed to improve performance.  You disabled yours and it warhammer stopped crashing? Maybe I misunderstood you.

The problem I have with WAR is it will play fine for a while then just lag out and disconnect all of a sudden.  The amount of time it takes before it disconnects can be anywhere from 1 minute to an hour.  I'll be able to log back in immediately after but sometimes it'll drop me again soon after, sometimes it's good.  It's as if the router resets or something because this happens to both my roommate and I... I'm not sure maybe if we both tweak our network cards we won't have the problem.   Anyone have any ideas?

I'm also trying playing on a different server, the one I keep getting dropped on is Praag.

Thanks,

Greg

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Reale

hmm its been a while :S i remember reading at the time (as well as pulling my hair out) that the game has a conflict with checksum and offloading (or something like that) and that you disable it and it stops you from getting DC'ed...

i actually found that info through the WAR website too, they suggest disabling it in order to make it work...
    ok i have had another look and there is a hardware checksum (togglable to on/off) turn it OFF and see if it works.

GL and hope you have fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.