Warlock is a 1994 game developed by Realtime Associates that is based on the 1993 sequel Warlock: The Armageddon. The game's plot follows that of the movie: the protagonist has to prevent the Warlock, the mortal son of Satan, from summoning his father into the world. In order to do this, he must use his innate Druid powers to foil the Warlock's plans and recover a set of runestones before the Warlock can. The game also borrows elements of the previous movie, including being set in multiple time periods.
Warlock is a side-scrolling action-adventure game with a magic system that features a number of different spells for whatever occasion. It also uses a password save-system. It was released on both the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo.
- New England: Set in New England, the first runestone is found within this level.
- The Cavern Below the Lake: Set within a cavern, inhabited by fire-breathing dragon-like monsters, the second runestone is found here.
- A Grim Garden: This level takes place within a garden, monsters found within include gargoyles, griffins, and archers. The animated arbalesters stand in the way of the game's ultimate antagonist.
- Inside the Wizard's Castle: Set within a castle, the third runestone can be found here.
- The Cemetery: This level is set within a cemetery, another runestone is found here.
- The Mountains: The last runestone is found on this level.
- The Underworld: The last level, and one last task to boot. The Druid must fight and defeat the Warlock. Prepare for the ultimate battle.
- Levitation Crystal: Enables the protagonist to levitate for a short period of time.
- Fire Pots: Doubles fire power, temporarily.
- Weak Smart Bomb: Destroys living creatures such as the giant tarantula, elves, and bats.
- Strong Smart Bomb: Destroys both living and undead creatures.
- Healing: Partially restores the hero's health when cast.
- Revival Spell: Restores health completely when cast.
- Protection: A rare spell. When cast, causes prisms to orbit the hero affording some protection from small, slow enemies.
- Tremor: When cast, causes the earth to tremor.
- Time Reversal: Casting this spell will send the hero back in time to the location where it was found.