Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warsow

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 18, 2012

Warsow is a free FPS, focusing on fast, competitive online play. Combining a featherweight engine with cartoony, celshaded graphics, this open source game could produce some of the fastest gameplay you will ever see.

Cool game

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

It's called Warsow, it's exactly like Quake, except it looks better, and those weird unintentional game mechanics, like strafe jumping and stuff, are implemented into this game as proper game mechanics that don't require you to exploit the game to achieve.  So if you gave up on Quake Live because you couldn't be bothered to master exploits, this game has removed that barrier, without removing those game mechanics.  Also you can dash forward or wherever like in unreal tournament, and that same button will also let you wall jump, so it's very fast paced.  I still suck at it because it's... still quake... but it's good fun, and it's free so no worries there.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By torus

Warsow is not exactly like Quake. Warsow is only an FPS in the loosest sense, because the point of the game is NOT the shooting- the point is the movement mechanics. It is like Quake 3's DeFRaG mod, distilled. Warsow adds far more complexity to Quake movement, with all sorts of 'tricks' one can do, such as walljumping, etc. 

It's also cel-shaded.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

yeah but that mod was just race maps right, anything that was done there was also done in competitive multiplayer battles.  Warsow replicated all the movement mechanics of quake and added some proper wall jumping and a dash ability.  It really is the same except you don't have to spend countless hours learning how to achieve fast movement, you can right away understand how to go fast, but then, like quake, you of course have to master moving through the maps at high speed, while shooting dudes :)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

im not familiar with Quake (wish i was) so i'll pass. though my Alignment is PC and i need something to play .. dang

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

here's a nice vid... don't want to mess with a quake player lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.