Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wasteland 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 19, 2014

Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Mike Stackpole and others reunite for a sequel to their hit 1988, post-apocalyptic CRPG Wasteland. Wasteland 2 is fan-funded from a successful Kickstarter campaign.

35 Hours until Wasteland 2 is Funded

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Dagbiker

Only 35 Hours until Wasteland 2 is Funded with $2,614,617+

And if you want to check in Live, they will be hosting a Live event tomarow ( Monday ) from 10pm-12 Est (7pm-9pm pst).

I pledged $50, I am thinking about pledging $100 though, for the miniature, and the badge. Honestly I'm not expecting too much on the graphical side from this. The story side I think will be great. And I have no clue how the gameplay will turn out.

Edit: Here's a Link

What are your thoughts.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

@Dagbiker said:

Honestly I'm not expecting too much on the graphical side from this. The story side I think will be great. And I have no clue how the gameplay will turn out.

But you're still willing to fork over $150 (or $100, not sure how it works), that just seems mad to me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Hitchenson said:

@Dagbiker said:

Honestly I'm not expecting too much on the graphical side from this. The story side I think will be great. And I have no clue how the gameplay will turn out.

But you're still willing to fork over $150 (or $100, not sure how it works), that just seems mad to me.

Me too. The idea of Kickstarter is great, but I can't really see myself pledging to most things, even if I'm interested in them. I'd rather see how the project turns out and then make a decision based on that.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

@Hitchenson said:

@Dagbiker said:

Like with all investments you have to weigh the Pros and the Cons. I have little doubt they will make a game, but the question is will is be good. And if it turns out like jagged alliance, which i think they are aiming for i think they are set.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheKramer89

What type of game will this be? Will it be 3D or 2D? Or do they not even know yet?

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killacam

suuure, why not. never played the original, and found it hard to get into early fallouts after fallout 3.. but hopefully a more modern take will do it for me as i love the general idea.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

@TheKramer89 said:

What type of game will this be? Will it be 3D or 2D? Or do they not even know yet?

It is going to be a top down strategy game. I dont know if the models will be in 3d or if they will just be sprites.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Deranged

@Dagbiker said:

@TheKramer89 said:

It is going to be a top down strategy game. I dont know if the models will be in 3d or if they will just be sprites.

Good thing I didn't pledge then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mcderby4

@Dagbiker said:

@TheKramer89 said:

It matters whether or not they're 3d or sprites?

I'm putting together my own fallout-style RPG, and I want sprites rather than 3D.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onarum

Ah what the hell, just pledged for 30 bones (basically because I'm a sucker for game soundtracks, + it's a reasonable price to what seems will be an epic old school game), I'll be hard waiting over an year for it though...

I'll be getting an extra copy too, and given none of my friends would give two effs about any game at all I'll probably give it to someone in here :p

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mesklinite

@ajamafalous said:

@Hitchenson said:

@Dagbiker said:

Me too. The idea of Kickstarter is great, but I can't really see myself pledging to most things, even if I'm interested in them. I'd rather see how the project turns out and then make a decision based on that.

I don't pledge more then 15$, it's a preorder on a game that might or might not be good. More, seems crazy. I've put 60$ on kickstarted for a bike light, but at least I'm getting something for the money hehe

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onarum
    @myshutup said:

Yea they really made that $30 tier appealing. I was already at $50, so that just means more swag for me :)

But... What am I going to do with 3 copies of the game now? (one boxed, two digital...)

I almost went for the 50 buck option, mainly for the "old school instruction book" as they put it themselves ;) , when I was a kid a great part of the pleasure of buying a new game was reading through the awesome elaborate 20+ page manuals.

But then I would have to fork out an additional $15 for international shipping, added to the fact that when it comes it can even get taxed at customs, so I kinda gave up.
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Deranged

@Brodehouse said:

@mcderby4

@Dagbiker said:

@TheKramer89 said:

It matters whether or not they're 3d or sprites? I'm putting together my own fallout-style RPG, and I want sprites rather than 3D.

No, I care little for whether it's sprites or 3-D, I just assumed the game would have a different play-style than the classic top-down style.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew

@myshutup said:

Yea they really made that $30 tier appealing. I was already at $50, so that just means more swag for me :)

But... What am I going to do with 3 copies of the game now? (one boxed, two digital...)

How about the Giant Bomb Community Game Giveaways? I'm sure CharlesAlanRatliff and the community would love you for that. :)

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By viking_funeral

@ajamafalous said:

@Hitchenson said:

@Dagbiker said:

It's patronage. You don't patron art because you want to see a return on investment. You patron art because you like the artist and would like to see more of their work. And, sometimes, you get a nice piece of art for yourself in return.

I'm not certain this will pan out well, but I was willing to make a sizable donation to see what happens. Frankly, the gaming world could use more variety right now. Same reason I patroned Double Fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@rebgav The main thing is expressiveness and cost. 3D can get better results if you put a lot of time, whereas sprites can look good with a relatively quick turn around. Cheap 3D models look and animate awful, decent sprites is a matter of art direction.

Of course, I don't have an art director yet so the style is still negotiable.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

I just changed my pledge from $15 to $100. This is A) because I want to do everything I can to help revitalize one of my favorite genres and B) as an enthusiast I see this as a way to own an important piece of gaming history. All told I've pledged a total of $425 between Wasteland 2, The Banner Saga, Shadowrun, Double Fine Adventure, and Republique.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By NathHaw

It's pretty close to 2.9 mil now. I just backed it for $100. I'm a fan of some of those style of video games. Been playing Legend of Grimrock. About 6 hours left on it.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Skald

Factoring in the PayPal, it's going to be a dead sprint for three million. By the time I wake up, it will have been decided.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Little more than an hour now, people. They've hit 3 million, factoring in Paypal donations, but I'd love to see them hit that target through Kickstarter alone.

Even if the final product ends up being less than stellar, I'm happy to fund them, if only to show developers/publishers that there's a lot of people who still want games like these.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.