Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wasteland 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 19, 2014

Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Mike Stackpole and others reunite for a sequel to their hit 1988, post-apocalyptic CRPG Wasteland. Wasteland 2 is fan-funded from a successful Kickstarter campaign.

Can I edit my squad mid-game?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've done fucked up.

I bought the game on sale yesterday (PS4). I got pretty deep in the characters creation, I decided to make myself and three of my colegues from work as the squad and went for it, making it as close as possible and felt pretty good about it. Took me a good 45 minutes I think. But on the last two characters, I somehow forgot to edit the appearances at all! I think I got too entangled in all the stats that just picking the portraits somehow checked the mental box for looks in my head and I only realised a couple of quests in that two of the gals look the same - the default female model.

I still haven't opened up the first town yet, is there maybe a barber or surgeon or something that would allow me to change things?

I know I'll probably have to start over, just want to ask before I do.

Thank you.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would also like to know this.

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't answer your question directly but I will say not to be that concerned about your character's models. Its one of the worst character creators I've ever seen when talking about appearance options so no matter what you do, they'll never really resemble what you want.

Also I just learnt this game has a console port.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By stonyman65

Nope. Not that I remember. You're not that far in so I would re-roll now before going any further. Once you hit the Ag Center or Highpool it's a bit of a point of no return story wise.

Old-school RPG rule - do a "dry run" of the game with stock characters and see what works and what doesn't with your play style and then once you figure that out re-roll custom characters for real and start over. Learned this the hard way.

This game is pretty good about giving you a lot of choice on how to spec your team, but there are a few things than can really screw you over quick if you don't catch them. Things like two team members using the same ammo that will cause you to split ammo rather than have each team member use their own to spread things out, or having only one surgeon on the team so when your medic dies you can't revive them or anyone else... Gotta be careful with stuff like that. The whole point of using a team is to spread things out among different characters so everything is well balanced and everyone has their role. Try not to load up a single character with more the 2 or 3 skills, and don't duplicate skills (the exception be the surgeon skill like mentioned above. Once again, learned this the hard way.

Oh, and take Angela Death with you in the beginning. She's great and will guide you through the first few hours so you can level up quick without getting half your team killed. She's great with melee so I would have her using the wrench a lot to save ammo.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mind you I played the game before the Director's Cut launched so something may have changed, but when I played you could not adjust your character's physical appearance after the initial creation (you can change their outfit/armor as much as you desire).

Honestly though, you're not going to see much of your character's appearance in the game. The characters tend to be pretty small on the screen and most of the time they are covered with armor and such.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, everyone, I made the two characters before my brain-fart pretty different from each other and it helped me to not get lost in the combat, until I noticed I did it wrong with the other two.

Also, watching the quicklook (PC) the PS4 version immediately looks poor in comparison. Play on PC if you can, obviously.

I will re-roll, I definetelly want to change some things after playing for a couple of hours (just got to Ag Center), I didn't think of this approach in advance but it really seems like the best way to go, it is quite a system heavy game for sure and there is a lot to learn right off the bat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.