Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs 2

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 15, 2016

The sequel to Watch Dogs moves to San Francisco with a new protagonist.

Watch Dogs 2 PC Thread

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Haven't seen a thread for PC performance and thought I'd start one if people were waiting for more info before buying the game. Overall, the game seems to be in much better shape than its predecessor was at launch. I am not maxed out but definitely running it in the higher up settings at a pretty steady 60fps. My rig is a GTX 970, i7 6700k, 16gb of ram, and I'm running the game on my 7200rpm HDD. Im not running any of the advanced graphics setting and using FXAA with no MSAA.

There is definitely a lot of features to tweak and choose from. There also seems to be some graphical settings that are only meant for insanely decked out rigs or people who want to play at 30fps. For instance, turning on San Francisco Fog resulted in a 20fps drop. Vsync has options for native monitor refresh rate and half refresh, there's also an option to uncap frame rate. Im curious to know how its running for everyone else. I checked out the steam forums earlier and well...you can probably guess how things are going in there. Overall, I'm pretty happy with performance and it's nice to see a pc game running decently on day 1.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@xanadu: I have roughly the same setup and spent around an hour in the game last night. It looks pretty good at 1080p, although its rendition of SF is pretty hilarious. I wasn't expecting to find anything like that Cities XL map, but they took some...liberties in how the city is laid out.

One thing I noticed and was apparently unable to change is that the font size is pretty small. I was playing on a 50-inch TV from across the room and had a real hard time making out icons and text from over there. Guess I'll move closer!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@crommi: Have you experimented at all with changing the affinity to another CPU so that other programs (i.e. browsers) can utilize cpu0 during multitasking? (game + browser open)

I've heard it's a crapshoot of which games tolerate changing CPU affinity well.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ds9143

1070 GTX, 4790k i7, 16gb ram oc to 2200mhz, installed on a 7200 rpm hdd, playing at wqhd (1440p), I have the settings tweaked to give me no less than 55fps at all times. Everything set to Max with the exception of screen space reflection (turned off), SF fog (turned off), smaa anti aliasing and shadows set to high. Seems good, looks good. Frame rate is stable. Those screen space reflection are the frame rate killer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.