Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Killer Showing

• 110 results
    Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Totori
    @pyrodactyl: it's already been in development for 2 years, I'm sure it'll be out next year. Ubisoft is the company of fast development after all.
    pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By pyrodactyl

@TentPole: nope, it is proof they had to say it was coming on what platform

they're lying.

if not to us, they're lying to themselves if they think this is coming on current gen

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Jimbo
    @BisonHero said:

This is a singleplayer, story-driven game, guys. No persistent world that people can just drop into and potentially antagonize you in.

I think some of you are forgetting that games don't have limitless scope. When it pulled back to show several other codenames, there's really no way on Earth those were meant to be gamertags. Is anyone really going to play as "mysterious guy on the roof, who sits around for like 10 minutes doing nothing until Aidan Pierce causes a car accident and gunfight"? That's like expecting a Hitman game to let you play as one of the enemy guards and totally fuck up Agent 47's careful plan: it defeats the entire point of the game.

It seems about a million times more likely that you switch back and forth between several characters as the story progresses (some of those characters not necessarily on the same side), like Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. Sure, I guess they could put in some kind of co-op feature, but most sandbox games are taxing the hardware enough without adding in the additional strain of net code/splitscreen.

Multiplayer stealth during the campaign just doesn't work, especially in a game that clearly has a fair amount of cutscenes. Multiplayer stealth barely works in Assassin's Creed multiplayer, and it's about a zillion times more fast-paced and completely story-less than this.

Anyway, setting aside your impossible multiplayer expectations, the game looks incredibly sweet, and I'm really excited for it.

I think it'll have multiplayer, but I think the pull back from the SP segment to the MP fade out was just for show.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Jimbo
    @pyrodactyl said:

@TentPole: nope, it is proof they had to say it was coming on what platform

they're lying.

if not to us, they're lying to themselves if they think this is coming on current gen

That was running on PC.  There's no reason it won't run on current consoles, it'll just look shitty while it does it.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By xyzygy

I'm hoping they release this game on next gen. Much of it will go to waste if it's released for PS3/360. I don't have a PC to run it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Totori: 2 years to build the concept, tech and assets.

my guess is: there is no game behind that demo aside from the assets for the city and characters. maybe

and don't forget ubisoft can cranck out those AC games because they put all their weight behind them.

they didn't have 8 hidden ubisoft studios working on watch dogs for the last 2 years, they were all working on AC3

erikalui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By erikalui

The video above is quite old and there are much more interesting trailers released currently on Youtube. I checked them out and the game looks awesome.

erikalui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The video above is quite old and there are much more interesting trailers released currently on Youtube. I checked them out and the game looks awesome.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109  Edited By Seppli

@erikalui said:

It's not like you necro'd a thread from E3 2012 or anything.

erikalui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft is definitely the most popular brands in the gaming market and their games are making a lot of cash bringing a lot of popularity. Hope they come up with more games in future as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.