Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watchmen

Franchise »

Watchmen is a comic book taking place in an alternate history in which superheroes emerged in the United States. It is the subject of an episodic video game series.

Watchmen, Not the Film I expected.

Madeley2209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Madeley2209

I brought watchmen off PSN yesterday and after I found out that the Playstation has a parental control PIN which I didn't know and looked through the internet for the master code. I eventually sat down and watched the film to find out that it isn't so much an action packed super-hero film, but more a dark, violent, conspiracy film, which I really enjoyed. The film surprised me at its dark nature and violent, action scenes and its story hooked me through the experience until the end.  
    I have know intention on buying the prequel games which can be found on PSN and XBL. The film lasted about 2 hours 30. I think it was a good break from my marathon run of God of War III, which I'm amazed at it's story and twists. 

Madeley2209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Madeley2209

I brought watchmen off PSN yesterday and after I found out that the Playstation has a parental control PIN which I didn't know and looked through the internet for the master code. I eventually sat down and watched the film to find out that it isn't so much an action packed super-hero film, but more a dark, violent, conspiracy film, which I really enjoyed. The film surprised me at its dark nature and violent, action scenes and its story hooked me through the experience until the end.  
    I have know intention on buying the prequel games which can be found on PSN and XBL. The film lasted about 2 hours 30. I think it was a good break from my marathon run of God of War III, which I'm amazed at it's story and twists. 

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gosukiller

The Watchmen was great for me, since as opposed to other superhero movies, I didn't know anything about these guys. I greatly enjoyed an adult themed super hero movie, since the rest are all so 'T for Teen' (except for the Dark Knight).

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FunExplosions

Plus there's a blue dong in it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FunExplosions said:
    " Plus there's a blue dong in it. "
    never forget the blue dong
    Madeley2209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madeley2209

but yeah, exactly, it was just a darker take on the life of a superhero, as they have to retire and leave, and yeah, it was a good film.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I didn't read the graphic novel, so I didn't really know anything about the story before watching the movie. I hated the movie. Maybe if I read the graphic novel first it would be different, but I think the movie spoiled it for me.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne
    @FunExplosions said:
    " Plus there's a blue dong in it. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.