Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wayward Manor

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jul 15, 2014

Acclaimed author and storyteller Neil Gaiman is getting into the video game business.

Wayward Manor released today

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So I heard about this game a while ago and was following it on and off and noticed that it was actually released today on both Humble Bundle and Steam. I was just reading some of the "reviews" that people had left on Steam and so far it doesn't look that good. I am a huge Neil Gaiman fan and was hoping the story in this game would be really worthwhile.

Wondering if any duders picked this up and looking for a little bit more information before I pick this one up.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

So what exactly is this? The wiki says nothing other than "somebody's making a game, maybe."

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thatdudeguy

DO NOT BUY IT!

I'm a die-hard Gaiman fan, and I loved The Odd Gentlemen's previous games, but this “game” is pure Unity3D mobile shovelware. It's really as bad as the steam reviews indicate. On an iPhone screen, the graphics might be passable, but on a 1080p monitor they're awful. Not just awfully designed, which they are, but jaggy, awkwardly animated, and consisting solely of blurry textures. On a beefy PC, the game lags terribly. Neil Gaiman's influence on the game can be summarized by a few very poorly written conversations between the manor and the PC, and a handful of dry hint text snippets.

This project (especially with the year-long delay in development) appears from the outside to be a shitty mobile cash grab that was outsourced to a silent studio and then triaged by the publisher. And Neil Gaiman's pre-release video discussing how excited he was to tell this story in the best medium possible is straight up bullshit.

MrPantaloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wayward Manor is a nice twist in the puzzle genre. You play a ghost and interact with the environment in order to scare people away from your manor. In order to do that though, it seems that you have to attract their attention first and then actually hit them with objects to scare them, which I found to be a bit weird. Nonetheless, it can still be a nice experience for lovers of puzzle games.

You can check out my first impressions of the game HERE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.