Hell Let Loose is a tactical World War II multiplayer first person shooter that features realistic combined arms warfare with up to 100 players. Hell Let Loose is being developed (with Unreal Engine 4) for PC by Black Matter and is currently available on Steam Early Access.
Gameplay in Hell Let Loose focuses on frontline combat between Allied and Axis forces fighting to take over sectors and gain control of the map. Each team comprises of up to 50 players organized into Units, with each player taking on different classes that have distinct roles.
- Officer: A unit's officer is responsible for coordinating the activities of the unit and communicating with other units and with the team's commander via Command Chat. The officer can place unit deploy points called Outposts and team deploy points called Garrisons.
- Anti-Tank: The anti-tank is responsible for destroying enemy vehicles. They are equipped with a standard issue rifle alongside a rocket launcher. The anti-tank can also construct a large anti-tank weapon on the battlefield.
- Assault: The assault role specializes in taking point and engaging enemies up close.
- Automatic Rifleman: The automatic rifleman is an all-around combat role, able to engage enemies with direct or indirect fire using an automatic weapon.
- Engineer: The engineer plays a critical role in the long-term success of the team. They are able to build supply nodes that generate resources necessary to deploy reinforcements, tanks, and artillery. The engineer can also fix friendly vehicles, place land mines, and construct defensive fortifications.
- Machine Gunner: Equipped with a heavy machine gun, the machine gunner specializes in laying down indirect, suppressive fire that allows the rest of the unit to advance safely.
- Medic: The medic is the only class capable of reviving friendlies. They are also equipped with 20 bandages and smoke grenades.
- Rifleman: The rifleman is a basic infantry role. A rifleman can deploy a munitions box to resupply friendlies with ammunition.
- Support: The supply crate that the support role carries is needed for the officer, anti-tank, and engineer roles to build nodes and fortifications.
In Hell Let Loose, tanks are controlled by three teammates. One player drives and has access to a coaxial machine gun. The second player controls the main turret and machine gun. The third player uses a spotting scope to find enemies. Each position in the tank can be manned by any crew member whether they are the tank commander or tank crewman.
- Tank Commander: The tank commander has access to a submachine gun and Command Chat to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- Tank Crewman: There are two crewmen per tank crew. Each crewman is equipped with a pistol and a bandage for healing.
Each team is able to have two recon units. These units have access to the only scoped rifles in the game.
- Sniper: Equipped with the only scoped rifle in the game, the sniper is able to pick off targets from long distances.
- Spotter: The spotter locates targets for the sniper and can use a submachine gun for protection if enemies are encountered at close range.