FIFA Soccer 2004 (also known as FIFA Football 2004 and commonly abbreviated to FIFA 04) is a soccer game developed by EA Canada and published by Electronic Arts.
It was released in October 2003 with the tagline "Create Brilliance". FIFA Football 2004 is the eleventh game in the FIFA Series and the eighth to be in 3D.
While not adding much to the engine used in FIFA Football 2003 (except some fluidity), the biggest inclusion were secondary divisions, which allowed the player to take lower ranked teams into the top leagues and European matches.
Gameplay had a new feature dubbed Off the ball, which required the player to control two players at the same time to execute some plays. The online mode was boasted as the main feature. Another key feature was the Football Fusion, which allowed owners of both FIFA 2004 and TCM 2004 to actually play games from the management sim'. The title sequence was filmed in St James' Park, the home of Newcastle United, with the opening song being Kings of Leon's European hit "Red Morning Light". The cover featured Alessandro Del Piero in Juventus colours, Thierry Henry wearing his Arsenal shirt and Ronaldinho dressed in Brazil's kit.
The teams with names in italic appear in the game with their licensed kits.
- Groundbreaking Gameplay: FIFA 2004 offers a fine-tuned game engine, and new animations dramatically enhance the smoothness in player movement through organic motion.
- Off the Ball Control: Take command of players not in possession of the ball. Call in tackles, jostle for space, lose your marker, and send players on runs at the touch of a button.
- Expanded Database and Controls: Enjoy richer depth to team AI, attributes, tactics, playing styles, and individual player personalities.
- Be the Ultimate Player Manager: Be your own player manager with FIFA's deep Career Mode. Build your franchise and guide your club to the Championship by making calculated front-office decisions.
- In-game Management: Prove your tactical genius on the fly, by making adjustments mid-game and calling plays in real time via D-pad.
- Immersive Environments: More than 300 new crowd chants at an ever-growing list of officially licensed stadiums help put you in the best seat in the house.
- Play With The Best: More than 500 official licenses, including 18 leagues, 500 teams and 10,000 players are available.
- EA SPORTS Bio: Memory card based tracking/rating system recognizes and rewards gamers for playing multiple EA SPORTS titles.
FIFA Football 2004 features a wide variety of world music on its sound track, using the EA Sports Trax feature. The songs included are as follows:
1 - Dandy Warhols - We Used to Be Friends
2 - Junior Senior - Rhythm Bandits
3 - Cassius - Under Influence
4 - Outlandish - Aicha (Mintman Remix)
5 - Kasabian - LS7 (JFL Remix)
6 - Cooper Temple Clause - Promises Promises
7 - Kane - Rain Down on Me (Tiesto Remix)
8 - Suburbia - Always
9 - Kings of Leon - Red Morning Light
10 - Tribalistas - Ja Sei Namorar
11 - Radiohead - Myxomatosis
12 - Stone Roses - Fools Gold
13 - Caesars - Jerk It Out
14 - Wir Sind Helden - Guten Tag
15 - Timo Maas - Unite
16 - Tosca - Gute Loune
17 - Soffet - Gamushara Deko Boko Dai Race!?
19 - Lost Prophets - Burn Burn
20 - Babamania - Wanna Rock
21 - DJ Sensei- Musica Grande
22 - The Ravonettes - That Great Love Sound
23 - Goldfrapp - Train
24 - Cafe Tacuba - EO (El Sonidero)
25 - Cabas - Juancho
26 - Zeca Pagodinho - Deixa a Vida Me Levar
27 - Asian Dub Foundation - Rise To the Challenge
28 - Paul Van Dyk - Nothing But You
29 - Seamonator - Japanese Title
30 - The Individuals - Take a Ride
31 - The Jam - Town Called Malice
32 - Underworld - Two Months Off
33 - Clones - Crazy Boys
34 - Dawholeenchilada - Espiral
Reviews of the game were mostly positive. Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine awarded the game 5/5 whilst Official UK Playstation Magazine scored the game 8/10.