Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

What Remains of Edith Finch

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 25, 2017

Edith Finch returns to her old familial home to discover the stories that have been kept from her. The stories of how generations of her family have died early of unrelated, but often kooky, causes.

What Remains of Edith Finch

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I see in PS Blog that Giant Sparrow felt that people were viewing Unfinished Swan as slightly scary. Not sure if that how I felt, it was weird more than anything.

But, What Remains of Edith Finch seems more interesting for sure because it seems creepy for sure. I get sort of a Gone Home vibe obviously, but it appears this has a bit more narrative too it if that voiceover is part of the game? That voiceover would fill in the sort of surreal graphics style more, the graphics seem to play with shadows, which fits to their work on Unfinished Swan. The trailer seems to show images of gameplay but not enough to get a feel for how it will work.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I wasn't a massive fan of The Unfinished Swan. Some of the puzzles were clever but others were just frustrating and I didn't find the story and affecting as some people did. So while I hope this game turns out good I'm more looking forward to the other indie games announced this weekend from Hazelight and The Fulbright Company.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm all about this, reminds me of Vanishing of Ethan Carter with the mentions of weird fiction. Also, first person swinging yay!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It definitely gets scary after leaving the kingdom and falling off the blimp. Not that I found it scary but that's the tone the came in the dark forest spider level. Anyway, I loved The Unfinished Swan so I was super excited to find out Giant Sparrow would be at PSX and got even more hype when they announced a game! To bad the game won't be out until 2016, that part bummed me the hell out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.