Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wheelman

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 27, 2009

Vin Diesel is looking for a job in Wheelman, a driving-focused open-world game with vehicular special moves to assist in your escape. The story is based around Diesel's character as he comes out of retirement to save a woman from his past.

Anyone Tried The Demo?

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Death_Burnout

I can't speak for everyone else, but at least on my Xbox Marketplace, the demo is out, haven't checked PSN, but i assume that will come later? no idea!

Anyway, since i am not a Gold member, i haven't played it, have any of you? i've been extremely interested in it, since i have faith from what i've seen, that it will actually be pretty good.

Oh and it's kinda crazy or awesome how there are two sperate Vin Diesel related demo's out.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

It's a typical Midway game, you can't even run over people in it.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Death_Burnout
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "It's a typical Midway game, you can't even run over people in it."
    Oh no what a shame!

That doesn't bother me at all! it's all about the car action!
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Death_Burnout said:
    "Captain_Fookup said:
    Oh no what a shame!That doesn't bother me at all, it's all about the car action! "
    You can't run people over? I thought I ran over a few. Not sure, but it even explains if you hit pedestrians you lose your focus meter.

This game is worth all $60 for the "air jacking" alone. Where you get behind a car you want to air jack, then hold "B" til the arrow turns green and then release. You will jump out of your car, defy all physics possible and keep going forward against air resistance, and jack that car.
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death_Burnout
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Death_Burnout said:
    "Captain_Fookup said:
    Oh no what a shame!That doesn't bother me at all, it's all about the car action! "
    You can't run people over? I thought I ran over a few. Not sure, but it even explains if you hit pedestrians you lose your focus meter.This game is worth all $60 for the "air jacking" alone. Where you get behind a car you want to air jack, then hold "B" til the arrow turns green and then release. You will jump out of your car, defy all physics possible and keep going forward against air resistance, and jack that car."
    Yeah i know, it's very Just Cause and Pursuit Force in that sense, there's no stunt positions sadly

I know a lot about the game, just haven't played it yet. My favourite move is the 180 spin in bullet time, to pick some dudes off!
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weltal

It's pretty good. The car action really feels arcadey and kinda makes me think of a game like Crazy Taxi in how it controls, or perhaps that's just poor memory on my part. The ability to 'punch' other cars and the specials like the one that whips you around and allows you to shoot are entertaining but I have to say 'Air Jacking' takes the cake for being the most awesome of the bunch.

The story, or what little you experience looks pretty bad. Like that chick was fucking annoying throughout your short time with her and god DAMN what is up with the character models? They look like fucking shit.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47

Its kinda like pursuit force. I liked the demo. Wont buy it thought...maybe rent it.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Death_Burnout
    Weltal said:
    "It's pretty good. The car action really feels arcadey and kinda makes me think of a game like Crazy Taxi in how it controls, or perhaps that's just poor memory on my part. The ability to 'punch' other cars and the specials like the one that whips you around and allows you to shoot are entertaining but I have to say 'Air Jacking' takes the cake for being the most awesome of the bunch.

The story, or what little you experience looks pretty bad. Like that chick was fucking annoying throughout your short time with her and god DAMN what is up with the character models? They look like fucking shit."
    I'll have to see how bad that is.

But yeah if it is anything like pursuit force...which it is, then air jacking is pretty cool, but that 180 spin thing is still awesome.
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Death_Burnout

Aww i take it not many people then, no love for Vin Diesel.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Captain_Fookup
    Death_Burnout said:
    "Aww i take it not many people then, no love for Vin Diesel."
    I'm a fan of "Vin Diesel" just not a fan of anything in the past decade and a half that Midway has put out. I'm looking forward to Dark Athena when it comes out since I missed out on the original on Xbox.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond
    Death_Burnout said:
    I'm buying Vin Diesel's far superior game he's releasing in April.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

I liked Pursuit Force, and after watching a handful of videos, all I can say is that I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FUCKING GAME!!!  This is gonna be sooooooo rad!

I guess I need to find out if there is a demo out or not.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Captain_Fookup said:

In the very least, can I commit abortions whilst intoxicated? Otherwise, this typical Midway crap won't fly with me. I'll boycott it.
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Death_Burnout
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Captain_Fookup said:
    In the very least, can I commit abortions whilst intoxicated? Otherwise, this typical Midway crap won't fly with me. I'll boycott it. "

What's up with all this hate for Midway? sure i can name some crappy Midway games, but i can...try...and name some great ones...err. MK springs to mind, specifically 2D MK, but i know some people hate MK. Oh Stranglehold, i hella liked that.

Diamond said:
    "Death_Burnout said:
    I'm buying Vin Diesel's far superior game he's releasing in April."

Ahh, i shall too...but Wheelman dude. Double the Diesel this year.

jakob187 said:
    "I liked Pursuit Force, and after watching a handful of videos, all I can say is that I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FUCKING GAME!!!  This is gonna be sooooooo rad!

I guess I need to find out if there is a demo out or not.
    "

YES! i am with you!

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Guybrush

I played and really didn't like it. I thought the car handling was bad, the character models were horrible, voice acting terrible. So I won't be getting the game

Catbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Catbus
    Guybrush said:
    "I played and really didn't like it. I thought the car handling was bad, the character models were horrible, voice acting terrible. So I won't be getting the game"
    I thought the different cars and motorcycles handled fine, hell of a lot better than GTA4. The car melee moves are fun to use when dodging oncoming traffic and the 180 spin is just badass.
    GmLx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GmLx

I really liked it. The car action was cool, the cutscenes and slow-mo destruction shiz was cool, and so where the special move things.
    It looks like my next two purchases are going to be Vin Diesel games lol

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By daz0608

I thought the demo was great I think i'm only going to rent it though with Resi 5 just around the corner

Catbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Catbus
    Daz0608 said:
    "I thought the demo was great I think i'm only going to rent it though with Resi 5 just around the corner"
    You could always 'rent' the PC version.
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Death_Burnout

Hmm still haven't been able to try it, looking foward to it though, seems as good as i thought, i hope anyway.

For the record, i love GTA IV's Car handling, positively love it.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By OmegaPirate

I actually quite like the demo!

I didn't download it til now as i was sure i'd hate it -but i was quite surprised.

I dont get what the character model bitchings about, seemed fine by me -sure it aint no mgs4 or resi5 but cmon, it aint shit!

Reminded me a lot of the old driver games (not the crap new ones) mixed with a bit of just cause and pursuit force thrown in - controls were fine, story - tbh -i really couldn't give two shits about,. its a drving game in which you air jack cars - what the fuck are you expecting?? i just wanan run stuff off the road as vin diesel.

Two other + points for me was it was developed by the newcastle team (mon the toon) and the licenese plate on the car was MRTAL KM8T

Fantastic -i shall be picking this up
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Origina1Penguin

The over-the-top crazy ridiculousness of it makes it fun.  I think it's worth $40, so I'll wait a bit for the price to drop.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb

Jumped straight to reply so not sure on everyone elses opinion. But I totally thought this was brilliant. I know I probably shouldn't like it, but I was smiling like a bitch playing it. It was great fun. In fact I want to play it again.

It'll probably get repetitive, and it's obviously not going to win any awards, but dude, I thought this game was real good fun.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By KillaMaStA

Ok,this is a pretty old thread but i felt the need to tell someone how horrible the demo was. Its honestly one of the most crappy games ive played. Looks like crap,plays horribly and its not funny,clever or badass. Its just weak.

If they made this with the burnout engine then we would have something but currently its just bad.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgentofChaos

The game is bad, end of story. But its got some exciting action.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.