Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

A remake of the Korean developed first-person horror game of the same name released for mobile devices, PC and PlayStation 4.

White Day Remake Coming to PS4 and PC in August

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils
    No Caption Provided

The White Day remake, which was initially released on mobile phones in late 2015, is finally making its way to consoles and the PC with Pqube games publishing the Korean horror title on Steam as well as the PlayStation 4 on August 22, 2017. I have been holding off on playing this remake for a few years now because I wanted to wait for a console or PC version so I'm greatly anticipating this release. And not only will I finally be able to experience White Day the way it was meant to be but this release really seems to be the definitive version of the remake in many respects. Visuals have seen a face lift with the lighting now looking a lot closer to the old CG announcement trailer. The enemy AI has been enhanced and the save system from the original game has been re-implemented, which basically works the same way as the ink ribbons from Resident Evil where you have a limited number of saves that are represented by items you pick up in the environment. There is even a new character in the console/PC release, a female student named Yoo Jimin whom has new scenarios and endings to go along with her addition. Anyone else excited about White Day?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Yoo Jimin, the new character created exclusively for the console/PC release
    Yoo Jimin, the new character created exclusively for the console/PC release
    She will only appear after meeting certain conditions in the game
    She will only appear after meeting certain conditions in the game

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've heard the name spoken before, but I have absolutely no idea what this game is. It's a pretty neat concept though.

Was the original any good?

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@do_the_manta_ray: The orignial 2001 PC game is fantastic, although it certainly shows its ages in a few spots which is why this remake is so exciting to me. I played the game about a year ago and it freaked me out several times, definitely one of the scariest games I've played. Hope the remake still retains the atmosphere of the first game while improving on its weaker aspects, such as the puzzles and making objectives more clear.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Super excited for this and the VR spinoff. I've evangelized the original game for years (to no avail, sadly... I imagine the work needed to get the original game running turns everybody off, not to mention the first puzzle in the game and its super annoying nature), and it remains the scariest game I've ever played. I legitimately have to play it in super small chunks, or else I get too jumpy to accomplish anything. Not even Amnesia did that to me.

Thank god for the dedicated following this game has, or it may have been lost to obscurity forever.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@lentfilms: Well, I'm a big horror enthusiast, so that does sound plenty great to me. I'll keep an eye on this one for sure. Cheers for the heads-up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.