Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

A remake of the Korean developed first-person horror game of the same name released for mobile devices, PC and PlayStation 4.

Whiteday Remake Announced!

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Back in October a remake of the cult classic horror game WhiteDay: a labyrinth named School was announced by ROI Games, a company founded by the creators of the original game. A lot of English fans only found out about this game the other day thanks to the announcement at the PlayStation Press Conference in South Korea that the Whiteday remake will be ported to the PlayStation 4 as a VR title. However, according to a panel held by ROI Games in October, the remake is not a PS4 exclusive but is in fact going to be released on iOS and Android devices first on November 19th followed by a release for the PC. People from Neo Gaf have also confirmed that the developer plans on realeasing an English version of the remake at some point in the fututre.

I've always been interested in playing Whiteday and this remake looks very impressive. Anyone else surprised or excited about this news?

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#2 riostarwind  Moderator

I've seen Whiteday mentioned a few times as being a genuinely scary game today even with how dated it looks. But a remake can help make it a even better game if they do a good job recreating the creepy atmosphere of the original game. I'm genuinely surprised that the creators of the original game managed put together a team to recreate it. After all Whiteday never seemed like a game that would have sold a lot of copies but I could be wrong.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riostarwind: From what I can tell the original game did not sell well when it was first released in 2001 and the developer ran out of business soon after. However after Whiteday became abandonware it gained a cult following in Korea. The game also became popular internationally when an English fan translation was released in 2012 and a bunch of YouTube personalities began doing Let's Plays of the game. The developer even mentioned the popularity of Let's Plays of the original Whiteday as one of the reasons they decided to make an English version of the remake.

A picture from ROI Game's  panel showing a bunch of Let's Play thumbnails
    A picture from ROI Game's panel showing a bunch of Let's Play thumbnails

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Whaaaaat! That's awesome!

I don't know if I could handle a VR version of that game, though.. It's intense enough without shit strapped to my head that takes away my awareness of everything around me.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils
    Loading Video...

If anyone is interested, here is some off-screen footage of the iOS version of the WhiteDay remake that shows off some exploration and puzzle solving. Also I did some more digging and a PC version of the remake has not actually been announced yet, seems to be a common misunderstanding floating around the English news sites.

*Edit* (Nevermind, the remake is going to be ported to the PC at some point).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.