Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Fit

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 19, 2008

Hop on the Balance Board for some low-impact physical exercises in this fitness-based collection of minigames for the Nintendo Wii.

Getting Wii Fit - Update 01

AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 3

Edited By AndrewG009

So, I have this problem, you see. I usually choose the worst weeks possible to start things. It seems that on the occasion when I do make a resolution of some kind, the stars, moon, sun and planets all align and like the quacking of a duck on the other side of a planet causes Swine Flu on a continent, so too does my starting new things cause the Earth to haphazardly shift. But it never hurts to adapt, overcome and well, do what has to be done, right?

Below I have organized the data to the best of my ability for the first week of Wii Fit use. Overtime, you will notice that I may or may not change the formatting depending on how well it is received by the gaming community. Conversely, I may alter the information based on how well I deem it conveys the scientific data I believe it should, based on my original hypothesis. As I stated, I would be recounting the foods I consumed, along with any outside exercise garnered in addition to my time with the Wii Fit. Noteworthy though, as I stated above in regards to natural disasters, I did hurt my back and neck this week while moving furniture - it was a pleasant reminder that I am not He-Man and I shouldn't be bucking for a shot a Skeletor quite yet - so for the past few days I didn't push too hard, relied on Advil and of course, left Castle Grayskull undefended. So, having a slightly improved outlook on next week helps keep me warm and fuzzy, but so would a soda, which I haven't had all week. Damn.

Day 1 - August 17, 2009
    Morning: 1 cup oat bran cereal, 1 cup organic fat free milk, 40 oz water
    Lunch: 20 oz water, 1 bag Act II Light Butter Popcorn
    Dinner: 1 cup chopped potatoes (grilled), 1 cup green beans, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 cup cooked ground beef, 48 oz water.

BMI: 40.25 (Obese)
    Weight: 287.5 (-2 for light clothing)
    DOB: 10.20.1985

Basic Balance Test:
    Round 1 - 4.42
    Round 2 - 3.00
    Round 3 - 5.38
    Round 4 - 8.10
    Round 5 - Incomplete
    Total - 30.00

Wii Fit Age: 31
    Actual Age: 23

Goal: -22.0 Pounds (265.5)
    -3.09 BMI (37.16)

Deadline: 3 months (-3.4 pounds / wk)

Exercises:
    Torso Twist: - 2 min
    Push-up / Side Plank - 2 min
    Deep Breathing - 2 min
    Half - Moon - 2 min
    Warrior Stance - 2 min
    Soccer Heading - 4 min
    Basic Step - 12 min
    Hula Hoop - 2 min
    Ski Jump - 1 min
    Ski Slalom - 1 min

Outside activity: Walked 2.6 miles

Notes: I'm fairly convinced that while I unlocked some pretty cool games, I rediscovering muscles I forgot I had.

August 18th was the date I injured myself because I was trying to be a help move a piece of furniture and it didn't turn out too well.
    Breakfast: 30 oz water (Propel), blueberry bagel (plain)
    Lunch: 16 oz water, lowfat shrimp spaghetti
    Dinner: 1 cup of ground beef (sloppy joe) on wheat bread

August 19th stayed home from work, lounged around in pain.
    Breakfast: Bagel (plain), 20 oz water
    Lunch: Asleep
    Dinner: 2 cups pasta, 2 tablespoons ground Parmesan cheese. 30 oz water (Propel)

August 20th
    Breakfast: Wheat toast, plain. Fat free organic milk 16 oz.
    Lunch: None - swamped with work
    Dinner: 1 grilled chicken breast, 2 cups green beans, 30 oz water (Propel)

BMI: 40.21 (Obese)
    Weight: 284.5 (-2 for light clothing)

Basic Balance Test:
    Round 1 - 4.44
    Round 2 - 2.21
    Round 3 - 6.28
    Round 4 - 9.32
    Round 5 - 8.75
    Total - 30.00

Wii Fit Age: 39

-3.09 BMI (37.16)

Exercises:
    Warrior Stance - 10 min
    Soccer Heading - 7 min
    Basic Step - 9 min
    Hula Hoop - 4 min

August 21st
    Breakfast: Bagel, plain. 16 oz orange juice

Outside activity: Walked 1.3 miles

And I won't be playing Wii Fit until late tonight. So, while I'm not totally satisfied with my first week out of the gate I'll grant myself extenuating circumstances in this case because I was stupid enough to injure myself. In the meantime, I'm feeling mediocre out of the fact that I really haven't worked out aside from my commute walking through the city of Chicago. However, I think that altering my diet is a step in the right direction, but I feel like I'm going to shift my diet to five smaller meals a day as opposed to the traditional three. Taking a page out of body for life couldn't hurt. And of course, taking vitamins is always a plus unless you do it wrong, in which case that's some expensive urine you just expelled.

Overall though, progress in any direction except back is progress all the same and I'm not going to belittle what little I've made. I should be able to garner more time next week and this weekend as my back improves more and more. Although it does still hurt at times, I'm stretching and getting the kinks out as any old man should.

--Andrew
    going to pump you up!

AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AndrewG009

So, I have this problem, you see. I usually choose the worst weeks possible to start things. It seems that on the occasion when I do make a resolution of some kind, the stars, moon, sun and planets all align and like the quacking of a duck on the other side of a planet causes Swine Flu on a continent, so too does my starting new things cause the Earth to haphazardly shift. But it never hurts to adapt, overcome and well, do what has to be done, right?

Below I have organized the data to the best of my ability for the first week of Wii Fit use. Overtime, you will notice that I may or may not change the formatting depending on how well it is received by the gaming community. Conversely, I may alter the information based on how well I deem it conveys the scientific data I believe it should, based on my original hypothesis. As I stated, I would be recounting the foods I consumed, along with any outside exercise garnered in addition to my time with the Wii Fit. Noteworthy though, as I stated above in regards to natural disasters, I did hurt my back and neck this week while moving furniture - it was a pleasant reminder that I am not He-Man and I shouldn't be bucking for a shot a Skeletor quite yet - so for the past few days I didn't push too hard, relied on Advil and of course, left Castle Grayskull undefended. So, having a slightly improved outlook on next week helps keep me warm and fuzzy, but so would a soda, which I haven't had all week. Damn.

Day 1 - August 17, 2009
    Morning: 1 cup oat bran cereal, 1 cup organic fat free milk, 40 oz water
    Lunch: 20 oz water, 1 bag Act II Light Butter Popcorn
    Dinner: 1 cup chopped potatoes (grilled), 1 cup green beans, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 cup cooked ground beef, 48 oz water.

BMI: 40.25 (Obese)
    Weight: 287.5 (-2 for light clothing)

Basic Balance Test:
    Round 1 - 4.42
    Round 2 - 3.00
    Round 3 - 5.38
    Round 4 - 8.10
    Round 5 - Incomplete
    Total - 30.00

Wii Fit Age: 31

-3.09 BMI (37.16)

Exercises:
    Torso Twist: - 2 min
    Push-up / Side Plank - 2 min
    Deep Breathing - 2 min
    Half - Moon - 2 min
    Warrior Stance - 2 min
    Soccer Heading - 4 min
    Basic Step - 12 min
    Hula Hoop - 2 min
    Ski Jump - 1 min
    Ski Slalom - 1 min

Notes: I'm fairly convinced that while I unlocked some pretty cool games, I rediscovering muscles I forgot I had.

August 18th was the date I injured myself because I was trying to be a help move a piece of furniture and it didn't turn out too well.
    Breakfast: 30 oz water (Propel), blueberry bagel (plain)
    Lunch: 16 oz water, lowfat shrimp spaghetti
    Dinner: 1 cup of ground beef (sloppy joe) on wheat bread

August 19th stayed home from work, lounged around in pain.
    Breakfast: Bagel (plain), 20 oz water
    Lunch: Asleep
    Dinner: 2 cups pasta, 2 tablespoons ground Parmesan cheese. 30 oz water (Propel)

August 20th
    Breakfast: Wheat toast, plain. Fat free organic milk 16 oz.
    Lunch: None - swamped with work
    Dinner: 1 grilled chicken breast, 2 cups green beans, 30 oz water (Propel)

BMI: 40.21 (Obese)
    Weight: 284.5 (-2 for light clothing)

Basic Balance Test:
    Round 1 - 4.44
    Round 2 - 2.21
    Round 3 - 6.28
    Round 4 - 9.32
    Round 5 - 8.75
    Total - 30.00

Wii Fit Age: 39

-3.09 BMI (37.16)

Exercises:
    Warrior Stance - 10 min
    Soccer Heading - 7 min
    Basic Step - 9 min
    Hula Hoop - 4 min

August 21st
    Breakfast: Bagel, plain. 16 oz orange juice

Outside activity: Walked 1.3 miles

And I won't be playing Wii Fit until late tonight. So, while I'm not totally satisfied with my first week out of the gate I'll grant myself extenuating circumstances in this case because I was stupid enough to injure myself. In the meantime, I'm feeling mediocre out of the fact that I really haven't worked out aside from my commute walking through the city of Chicago. However, I think that altering my diet is a step in the right direction, but I feel like I'm going to shift my diet to five smaller meals a day as opposed to the traditional three. Taking a page out of body for life couldn't hurt. And of course, taking vitamins is always a plus unless you do it wrong, in which case that's some expensive urine you just expelled.

Overall though, progress in any direction except back is progress all the same and I'm not going to belittle what little I've made. I should be able to garner more time next week and this weekend as my back improves more and more. Although it does still hurt at times, I'm stretching and getting the kinks out as any old man should.

--Andrew
    going to pump you up!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Weight: 287.5 

Awesome.
    AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AndrewG009
    @Meowayne: Hence the use of Wii Fit and a diet. Or did that escape you somewhere along the lines of my writing?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne

Andrew: No, and I think it's great. Good luck. I was able to give Wii Fit attention every day for a month straight, then gave  up. 287.5 is still awesome.

AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AndrewG009
    @PeasForFees: Wii Fit is just the basis - as pointed out here. I plan on mixing in other forms of exercise. The whole basis of this is if someone obese can actually stand a chance of losing weight and dieting along with utilizing Wii Fit.
    AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AndrewG009
    @Meowayne: Awesomely fat. But that'll change given enough time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.