Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Music

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 20, 2008

Wii Music allows users to play and experiment with over 60 different instruments with up to three other players, focusing on fun and creativity instead of the "play as correctly as possible"-approach found in other music games.

Miyamoto wants to revisit Wii Music, and make it better.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

From CVG

Original article here. 

It may have failed to live up to expectations both critically and commercially, but that hasn't stopped Shigeru Miyamoto from insisting his Wii Music still has a future, and even hinting there may be a 'Wii Music Plus' on the cards.

Speaking to Official Nintendo Magazine (full interview to be published in issue 50), Miyamoto said: "[Wii Music] was a really unique game, and even today, we are receiving several different offers from people in the field of music education... I think it still has great potential."

But more likely to perk the ears of creative Wii musician types, he went onto reveal the game could receive some "developments" for the "future"...

"Unfortunately, we don't have any news we can talk about at the moment," he said, coyly. "But like Wii Fit Plus, it's not really a sequel to the original Wii Fit - but we have added some features to improve the overall experience. It's a kind of an enhanced version."

So a vastly improved Wii Music not too far in the distance? It'd be a bit like Hear'Say reforming and being really, really good. (Without sounding too harsh). 

End of CVG Article

Wii Music was the reason I bought the Wii. The game blew me away on E3 2006, and I just had to have it. Unfortunately, after all the bad press the game got in 2008 from the enthusiast journalists, I never got around to buying it.

This makes me very excited.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

No thanks.  The first game didn't interest me at all so I will pass on this one.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

Miyamoto is clearly losing his mind. While I can fully respect and appreciate what they tried to do with Wii Music in the first place, let sleeping dogs lie. The game failed in both commercial and critical aspects, put it down to a "good in theory, bad in practice" moment. Now move onto making some better titles on the Wii.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

There is too much that needs to be improved upon in the game - an add-on in the style of Wii Fit Plus will not suffice. 
    I liked the idea and concept  and focus of Wii Music and I still like it now, and I liked parts of the execution; but playing it normally was not satisfying or substantial enough, and playing it to make good music was way, way too hard.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

I would get it if it came  with that drummer from E3  last year (i think it was last year) 

... I don't own a wii
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By VWGTI
    @marioncobretti: 

lol that guy!
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By JonathanMoore

I would not pick it up but sure, it could work...

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Luke

Miyamoto is just about done in my book. 

Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for the man, but the savior of video games back in the 1980's is now fucking-up in almost every way possible now-a-days.  It's truly quite sad... 

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Mushir

I didn't like the idea of it from the beginning. Motion controls are just not accurate enough for music games. Miyamoto should forget about Wii Music and move on to better projects.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Willy105
    @Luke said:
    "  Miyamoto is just about done in my book.   Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for the man, but the savior of video games back in the 1980's is now fucking-up in almost every way possible now-a-days.  It's truly quite sad...  "
    You actually believe that?
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By rallier

Ehhh Wii Music...

Please make a orchestra director sim using M+.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By pause422

I actually forget about this games existence entirely until I saw this thread. I think he would be better just leaving wii music to rot, and spend time on other things.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Please. No.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Milkman

Time to pack it in Miyamoto.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Luke
    @Willy105: Yes, yes I do.  Just read his interviews.  He's so out of touch on so many topics ranging from online play, to Achievements, to physics engines, to whatever else.  Lately, his reasons for why things are the way they are at Nintendo make no sense half the time and he didn't even know that Captain Lou Albano died until many days later.  

I think old age is getting to him, which I know I should be cognitive of and a little lenient towards, but still... it's starting to affect certain high-caliber fanchises.  Just play New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  That game is a disgrace to hardcore 2D platform gaming.  Not to mention if this comes to be, he'll be completely wasting Nintendo's reources pursuing Wii Music. 
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milkman
    @Luke said:
    " @Willy105: Yes, yes I do.  Just read his interviews.  He's so out of touch on so many topics ranging from online play, to Achievements, to physics engines, to whatever else.  Lately, his reasons for why things are the way they are at Nintendo make no sense half the time and he didn't even know that Captain Lou Albano died until many days later.    I think old age is getting to him, which I know I should be cognitive of and a little lenient towards, but still... it's starting to affect certain high-caliber fanchises.  Just play New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  That game is a disgrace to hardcore 2D platform gaming.  Not to mention if this comes to be, he'll be completely wasting Nintendo's reources pursuing Wii Music.  "
    On the money. Miyamoto is still holding the stance that no one cares about online play or achievements. He's still living in the 1980s. Obviously, I have the utmost respect for the guy but he has no idea what the people want anymore.

The only thing I disagree with is saying that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a disgrace to 2D platforming. I think that's a little harsh.
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By rjpelonia

Cool, I'm all for that. I found Wii Music surprisingly enjoyable. I mean hey, if you're looking for something to match a rhythm game or anything really resembling a challenge, of course you're going to be disappointed. Simply having four people jam out some tunes was pretty dang enthralling.

And really, what game couldn't use a few improvements.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

ROCK ON, RAVI DRUMS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.