Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Do U care about the WiiU?

• 88 results
    Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Zleunamme

Nope, I just wait until Nintendo gets out of the hardware business.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By kogasu

I like Nintendo, I really do, but I don't see myself getting this in the near future though, I DO care but, like many people have said, I'm not really seeing anything that jumps out at me.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I'll still get it since I love new hardware but Nintendo kind of failed to elaborate on what the WiiU console itself is. Sure they are showcasing the new controller but I know some people who think that it's just a new add-on for the current Wii.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By AngelN7

When they show me some games that interest in I will.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Fearbeard

Not yet...

Once it's closer to launch I might be if the exclusives are looking good. Though if they don't have something like Super Mario Galaxy to tempt me to pick it up before Xbox 720 or PS4 gets released then there is a strong chance I'll skip it,

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By TehFlan

I care, but not enough that I'd buy one. That will almost certainly change eventually, it's just a matter of when.

Vault101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Vault101

I just don't see who or what they are going for with it....want to apeal to "core" gamers?..with an underpowered console with games that are already out? I mean unless somone can actually tell me how its better than my PS3

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By JasonR86

@Cloudenvy said:

1. Groaned at your title.

2. Nope, I don't care one bit!

I came here to say just this.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

No, and I think Nintendo is going to fall on it's face with the WiiU.

Avatar image for cynically_happy
    Cynically_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cynically_Happy

FuckU and your title

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I want to pay another $200+ for another console that will play mostly the same games that I can already play this late in the generation. Wii U's gimmick isn't as interesting as the Wii's was so a different control scheme isn't much of a selling point. I mostly like games for their content so different controls don't make a game any more or less fun anyway (unless they straight up don't work I guess).

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ajamafalous

No. Nearly everything about it seems so misguided and out of touch.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63  Edited By me3639

No. Nintendo is for sheep.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I skipped on the Wii so I guess picking up a Wii U probably might make sense to play the games I missed.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By M_Shini

Not at all, can't wait for it to come out though so i can get a Wii for £10 to play all the random Jrpg's on it though.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SmilingPig

No, I made the mistake to buy a Dreamcast on the ps2 lunch day (could not find a ps2 anywere)... never again.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I chuckled, I'm not gunna lie.

@Nightriff said:

Yes I care because Microsofts focus seems to be on media and not on games anymore, highly unlikely I get the next xbox. And we shall see if Sony is even around then to release a PS4 at the rate they are headed. WiiU might be my only choice in a console to get, or just convert to PC which can be very expensive for me.

That's because it's not their job any more. It's developers dropping the ball on making GAMES. MS isn't the one supposed to be making games, they build up the platform. And no one is really putting out a lot of games, MS is NOT the only one. Why does no one understand that? Wait till October, you'll have plenty of games to play and you can stop whining and acting like the platform is worthless just because an extended cycle means for some slow times.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't know how it happened but sometime in the last few weeks I've actually become kind of excited for it. I loved playing NSMB with my friends, and the new one looks like lots of fun, and even Nintendoland looks kind of interesting as a fun distraction with some buddies. Plus I know eventually there will be a game I really want to play and that's good enough for me. It's odd behavior from me because I didn't get a wii until like 2 years ago, but idk somehow they are fooling me.

It depends on the price but I just may pick it up at launch, or sometime in the few months following it. Most people seem to be under the impression it will be 250, but I will eat my hat if it's two cents under 300, and 350 to 400 wouldn't surprise me.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69  Edited By Zenogiasu

I'll definitely pick it up at some point. At launch? Eh, probably. Because fucking Pikmin. I hate that I love them so.

Nexnecis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nexnecis

Nah, the whole concept of shifting focus from a tablet on your lap to a TV some yards in the distance turns me off. It's the whole gimmick of the console and I don't see it being comfortable. I actually find shifting my focus on a tablet to a TV to be annoying, and that's for a pretty low-impact experience, let alone shifting to find my healthbar for example.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By maginnovision

I am not really interested in the Wii U. It kind of is another Wii, and I never got one of those either. My mom and brother had one and I never saw the point. Unlike some people here though, I don't think nintendo will be in trouble or anything. If people will buy a new DS every 6 months I doubt they'll have much trouble selling people a new Wii after this many years.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By mike

Do U care about posting things in the correct forum? Moving.

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By awadnin

Yes I care, because of Nintendo's franchises such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid and others.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#74  Edited By Claude

I'm on it like a fly on shit. I still don't know what to expect, but it's Nintendo. I gotta buy.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _Zombie_

I didn't care about the regular Wii. Not gonna start now.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DeF

@Alkaiser said:

I'll care if my Virtual Console titles transfer. Considering I've filled up almost 10 pages on my sd card, if those things don't work then screw it.

they will, all of them.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SmilingPig

If nintendo would sell a SNES emulator with the original controler for 99$ it would make me buy a wiiU.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SeanFoster

Nope.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BrockNRolla

@MaxOpower said:

No, not the WiiU, but I do care about Nintendo.

Well said.

Kyodra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Kyodra

I am interested, but certainly not buying it on day one. I have my worries about them forcing gimmicks into games just because they can, which was done a lot with the Wii, only console I sold after a year and never looked back. It all comes down to the amount of quality games in the end.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mercutio123

No. Yes I said no.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82  Edited By Zelyre

If there's a 2d style Metroid on it? Sure.

Otherwise, well, I'll still pick one up, probably on launch. I've got a pretty good job where I have a bit of disposable income; if I can afford to dump hundreds on gardening shit so I can have fresh tomatoes this summer (Fuck you basil for dying on me) I'll probably snag a WiiU, play around with it a bit, donate it to autismerica, and write it off on my taxes.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JazGalaxy

I would totally care about the WIiU if I felt like developers did. The Wii didn't fail because it was a poor console. I agree %100 with nintendo that graphics no longer matter.

The Wii failed because publishers and developers are at a point where they are only doing one or two things and then rehashing it over and over again until it ceases to make money. THe Wii interoduced a new paradigm and so developers went "okay, how can we keep doing the same thing we have been doing on your new thing?". The result was a lot of bad games that never should have been created.

The Wii U, regardless of how cool the tech looks, will have just as much unfufilled promise as the Wii did unless NIntendo can step up their game and make a LOT more focused games. They don't need to keep rolling out hardware and explandin their market when they're hte only ones supporting their hardware.

I can't see what, at this point, would make me buy a wiiU. And I bought my Wii on Day 1 at above market price.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

If Nintendo actually makes games for it I'll absolutely get one. I'm not going to jump on it though until they start showing a great library of exclusive titles.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By boboblaw

Yes because there isn't a single Nintendo game I dislike.

No because they don't seem to have learned from their mistakes on the Wii (Third party support seems thin if E3 is anything to go by) and the 3DS (no games at launch and I wouldn't be suprised if the price was high)

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JazGalaxy

@Boboblaw said:

Yes because there isn't a single Nintendo game I dislike. No because they don't seem to have learned from their mistakes on the Wii (Third party support seems thin if E3 is anything to go by) and the 3DS (no games at launch and I wouldn't be suprised if the price was high)

Out of interest, can I ask how old you are? I used to be 100% Nintendo all the way, but their games have really been letting me down recently and I wonder if I just grew out of them. Games like Mario Kart, which used tobe one of my favorites, stopped having any challenge or meaning. My brother and I blew through everything there was to do in Double Dash in just a few hours.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By boboblaw
    @JazGalaxy said:

@Boboblaw said:

Yes because there isn't a single Nintendo game I dislike. No because they don't seem to have learned from their mistakes on the Wii (Third party support seems thin if E3 is anything to go by) and the 3DS (no games at launch and I wouldn't be suprised if the price was high)

Out of interest, can I ask how old you are? I used to be 100% Nintendo all the way, but their games have really been letting me down recently and I wonder if I just grew out of them. Games like Mario Kart, which used tobe one of my favorites, stopped having any challenge or meaning. My brother and I blew through everything there was to do in Double Dash in just a few hours.

I enjoyed Mario Kart Wii because of the online multiplayer and I bought the 3DS version as well but I haven't played that version nearly as much. Maybe thats a sign of me "growing out of them" but it could just be that Mario Kart games have barely changed since MK64 which is kinda disgusting.
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By JazGalaxy

Honestly none of Nintendo's franchises have changed since the Nintendo 64. When you look at the difference between Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 or Zelda 2 and Zelda 3, you see HUGE leaps in what the game was delivering. Then you saw another massive leap with Ocarina. Then, after that, it basically just changed gimmicks each game and kept the overall gameplay identical.

Even Mario has essentially been the exact same game since Mario 64.

The only games that nintendo puts out that are different are new franchises like Pikmin, and even those, once established, are just recycled.

I really wonder what the problem is. Either Miyamoto is just getting old and not rethinking his approaches, or the newer developers don't have the innovative minds to overturn what has come before. Or, possibly the establishement won't let them. I dunno.

I do know, though, that even the most diehard on Nintendo fans can't continue to buy games that have no challenge and no depth of content, to speak of...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.