Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Don't Advertise in your Miiverse Profile Comment

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

So I thought I would give you Wii U duders a heads so. So I figured in my Miiverse Profile Comment I would put my Twitter, Twitch TV, and YouTube handles in there. Well, I guess Nintendo doesn't like that so I got flagged for it. Did a quick change and put some dumb stuff in there and it got unflagged quick. So I thought I would give you guys a heads up try to not do it.

DON'T ADVERTISE OR SELF PROMOTE IN YOUR MIIVERSE PROFILE COMMENT DAMMIT!!

P.S. Looked at the Code of Conduct and it is totally in there. I just didn't read like most people. Also, I guess you can't even post your Nintendo 3DS friend code in their as well. Booooooo

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It sounds like Nintendo are being very strict with the moderation on the Wii U, my advice to everyone is read the rules or else be very careful about how you communicate on that service.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gonmog

Umm...it says that when you make the thing. IE dont leave comments that says who you are or who others are. Even had fancy icons to boot!!

So far in the aspect that matters...ie talking about games. The Miiverse is fantastic. The moding keeps things in line so everything is nice.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@dudeglove said:

People are going to be drawing dicks like there's no tomorrow, so get used to it.

I suppose that drawing dicks isn't really advertising, unless of course you are selling your dick.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nightriff

Just out of curiosity if you said Giant Bomb User would that get flagged? Or are they like Microsoft and the word "bomb" is banned in general

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DoctorWelch

Wait, you can't post your 3DS friend code? That's bull shit. When will Japan understand the internet?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

Sounds like some of the Giant Bomb mods are working part time as Wii U mods. I kid, I kid! 

@Nightriff said:

Just out of curiosity if you said Giant Bomb User would that get flagged? Or are they like Microsoft and the word "bomb" is banned in general

I assume you could probably just put GLHB and it would be fine. Write "bomb" and they report you to the United Nations for crimes against humanity.
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jams

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@dudeglove said:

People are going to be drawing dicks like there's no tomorrow, so get used to it.

I suppose that drawing dicks isn't really advertising, unless of course you are selling your dick.

Craigslist -> for-sale -> musical-instruments

Title: 8====D skin flute for sale $15 o.b.o.

He's a picture I drew of my vintage 80's skin flute. It has a lot of wear but I've taken good care of it.

Asking $15 or willing to trade for Wii U.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Brenderous

Not being able to put a twitter handle is preeeetty dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There goes my GEICO Mii :(

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By fobwashed

This is the only thing I'm advertising on my profile in MiiVerse

No Caption Provided
    Fuzzles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fuzzles

Same issue with me. I included my youtube and AIM information as I generally do. Right after I finished making this sweet text art of a fox welcoming them to my profile, I get a notification that my profile has been restricted. Also, the notifications on replies are strange. They often don't tell you when you get replies but then often alert you to replies on another person's post that you replied too as well. I see no notifications, I click on it, there are like 2 or 3 new comments. Y U NO TELL ME?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.