Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

FYI: Great deals to be had in the used marketplace for Wii U consoles and games.

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Lots of people are selling Wii U consoles and games that don't know the marketplace, so there are deals to be stolen.

This is a YMMV kind of thing, but I was able to pick up a Wii U (black) w/ wii controller and 5 games (Wonderful 101, Smash, Mario Kart 8, MH 3, and Hyrule Warriors) for $300.

Wanted to let fellow duders who wait until the end of a Nintendo console cycle know that now is the time to buy.

hduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hduncan

I just bought a black Wii U for £85 ($110) so there is definitely still opportunities!

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By berniesbc

Check out the deal I grabbed on Craigslist about a year ago:

Black Wii U, 4 pro controllers, possibly some Wii remotes.

Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, Wind Waker, Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Rayman Legends, Nintendo Land, Zombi U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze probably a few other retail games that I'm forgetting.

NES Remix 2, Earthbound, Super Mario Kart, Kirby's Dream Course, Super Metroid, Kirby's Super Star and some other eShop games that I already owned elsewhere.

Dude also threw in a Pikachu amiibo and Metroid Other M.

It was a heck of a haul, and cost me $400. It was a house full of college kids who were apparently playing too much Smash Brothers, so they just jetissoned the whole thing. The only game for the Wii U that I want and haven't bought is Bayonetta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.