Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

I bought a Wii U and I regret it

• 72 results
    uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At least there are exclusives for it.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By kidman

@xxcrazycostaxx: I used to do the same, but now I'm selling all my consoles and only keeping what I actively play on as I grew tired of having numerous physical consoles. I might hold onto that, but other than some platformers I do not think I will be interested in future Wii U games, sadly.

@aquamarin True that, but as I do not have a gaming PC, PS4 and XB1 have way more.

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any of the issues you mention with slowness. But it is the console that Nintendo has been making since the Gamecube, the secondary little brother to your better platforms that you only really play exclusives on. I own a PC, PS4 and Wii U and I value them in that order and I'm happy with them, I only own three Wii U games on disc, I also have Monster Hunter 3U, Shovel Knight and a couple SNES games I like and that's sufficient.

Then again I bought a used one from Nintendo's site, so instead of 350$ or whatever the price is these days, I got it for 200$ and it comes with the same warranty as new consoles which is cool, it was a solid buy at that price.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came into this thread expecting to sigh and mourn another angry dude hating on the WiiU.

It lifts my heart to see so much support in the wings for the little console here.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Give it to me :3

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@trafalgarlaw: I got a Wii U to play Nintendo games, which I am playing on my Wii U. So that worked out for me. You claim that the Wii U is a failure because it's not up to par with the PS4 and Xbone. Are those really "next-gen" systems if they can't, for the most part, get to the basic standard of 1080p/60 FPS? If I wanted raw power, I'd get a PC... which I already have.

But I'm doing something wrong, obviously. I'll try to stop enjoying my Wii U.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wii U is fun if you have gaming parties.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#59  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@joeyravn: Yeah man, stop playing all these rehashed Nintendo games so you could enjoy something really innovative on the PS4 like another Uncharted, another Call of Duty, and another Infamous game. I heard a rumor they're even making another God of War game! I'm glad the PS4's powerful next generation hardware allows for such creative new experiences.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@joeyravn said:

@trafalgarlaw: I got a Wii U to play Nintendo games, which I am playing on my Wii U. So that worked out for me. You claim that the Wii U is a failure because it's not up to par with the PS4 and Xbone. Are those really "next-gen" systems if they can't, for the most part, get to the basic standard of 1080p/60 FPS? If I wanted raw power, I'd get a PC... which I already have.

But I'm doing something wrong, obviously. I'll try to stop enjoying my Wii U.

Where did I say the games were terrible? I said the hardware is terrible and many developers agree. If everyone keeps chanting "I got a Nintendo system for Nintendo games", the problem will only perpetuate itself. I don't understand what's bad about good 1st party support AND good 3rd party support.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let it be known that Wonderful 101 is a dope little game!

As far as hardware is concerned I think it's hot garbage. I mean, those games could look much better, but naaah, they don't. It also wouldn't hurt if other companies made exclusive games for the platform, or at least make better use of the pad, rarely sees much use, even in Nintendo games.

I don't think Wii U is a failure just yet, but jesus christ Nintendo better get their shit together in terms of standalone consoles, cause they get no support from anyone but Nintendo, but I'd love to buy a Nintendo console and use it as my primary one and still be able to enjoy the so-called AAA games. I know, probably not gonna happen seeing how much of a success GameCube was (I'm not hating on it, just saying it didn't sell great and didn't have a ton of 3rd party support).

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#62  Edited By sammo21

I'm actually with you. At this point, I think I could do without both the WiiU AND the Xbone. I bought an XBone for the MCC and had I known what I do now I wouldn't have bought the system.

The WiiU is a waste. I own 3-4 games for the system, but none of them are good enough to justify my purchase, and the time I've put into the system doesn't justify it either. PS4 and PC only could have been my route this generation and I wouldn't be any less off, though I will say I would choose a WiiU over an Xbone one any day of the week at this point.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of Nintendo consoles. But between the PS4 and PC I just can't justify buying in.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sammo21: in the long run you'll still get way more play out of an XB1 than a Wii U though.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Can't guarantee that, though. Also, I don't get pissed off the second I turn on my WiiU and see the main menu. God, the Xbone interface is absolutely terrible.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: Considering the game situation on the Wii U up to this point I think you can all but guarantee it. I think the XB1 interface is way better than the clunky and overblown PS4 interfaceI have to deal with every day, but thats obviously a matter of personal preference. The PSN store is just a giant piece of shit.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I know its all a matter of opinion, but I can't take you seriously if you're telling me the over simplified PS4 interface and marketplace are shit but Xbone's is "way better". Maybe I'm loopy being on the tail end of a 12 hour work shift, but...seriously...come on now.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hah, it's quite funny, I got a PS4 and regretted it, but I'm entirely happy with my Wii U.

Try Wonderful 101 and Zombi U.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: I can't believe you think the XB1 interface is such a piece of shit that it makes you physically angry when you just turn it on. Also yes, I've gotten pretty mad at the PS4 XMB plenty of times. Everything is super big and bloated for no discernable reason - the store being the biggest offender here showing two games at a time and forcing you to scroll forward. Friends list shows like 5 people in a row, same thing for achievements, there is just so much forced scrolling around why isn't the screen real estate better utilized are people really this blind? Then theres the messages that take forever to send and receive, the party chat that drops, sounds awful or pops up NAT errors. The XMB launch bar that cannot be organized in any way and forces you to once again keep on scrolling down to find what you're looking for.

I'm not going to sit here and say it's the WORST interface in the world or that it's a complete piece of shit (although the store is) but it definitely could use some fixing and unlike the XB1 I don't see Sony doing literally anything about it. We finally got HBO Go this month, yay, go team..

BoomMemedYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought my Wii U close to launch and hated it

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thanks for sharing!

I might get a WiiU depending on how Zelda turns out. If the games are good I likely won't care about the OS looks or performance -- unless it cripples game performance of course.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw: If you're saying that anything on my list except Monster Hunter is a "port," then we can't have this conversation until you know what you're talking about.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Welcome to the club ... except I sold mine on Craigslist so I've been feeling better since that day.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny, my Ps4 has a simple, snappy and responsive UI, I must've bought a faulty one!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.