Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

I want to buy some classic games on wii u but....

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im a little worried about fact digital games are still tied down to one console.

Long story short i started gaming in ps2 era so i missed alot of classics and i want to play them on wii virtual console shop and wii u shop and 3ds shop.

At least with the PS3 and Xbox 360 i worry less if my console dies today i can re download any of my digital titles. So what Nintendo is doing is something which kinda reminds me of UBISOFT its a one time drm if your console breaks or has hardware failure your kinda fucked especially down the road when its going to less common to do repairs.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

It's not really as you put it. If your console dies, you have to call Nintendo to have them deactivate it and then you can redownload everything that has been tied to your NNID in a new console. It's not as hassle-free as other systems like XBL or Steam, but it's certainly not as grave as you make it sound.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bcooper21

@joeyravn said:

It's not really as you put it. If your console dies, you have to call Nintendo to have them deactivate it and then you can redownload everything that has been tied to your NNID in a new console. It's not as hassle-free as other systems like XBL or Steam, but it's certainly not as grave as you make it sound.

I guess its changed because i googled it and posts from 2014 where people were saying there wii u died and they lost all there digital games.

Its still slightly annoying you must send your console to Nintendo some people rather have a brand new console instead of a repaired one that already broke.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.