Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Only one Wii You Controller confirmed more

thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thenexus

Iwata told Diamond Online that the Wii U can technically support multiple screen-controllers but that they wont. It will come with the console and will not be bought separately as it would cost to much.

I agree it would cost a lot and I also agree that "technically" the console could support more then one new controller but it wont run well. I can see data to and from two controllers would be a bit much.
    I am now actually thinking this is not a new system at all but a modified Wii, I really do. They have updated the graphics like people wanted and thrown in a new peripheral which no one expected but to get it to work and to likely keep costs down they have pulled out some features.

- Online does not seem to be changing much at all
    - No DVD or HD movie playback (Likely to keep costs down with regard to the HD and new controller)
    -  HD Graphics and more grunt
    - Slight re-design tweak to the console
    - Oddly WONT upscale Wii graphics (which you would expect it to do) 
    - Yet another new Nintendo Peripheral 
    - New Box which does not look that much different
    - Nintendo just being very strange in what they are saying about the thing, or not saying.

Just looks like a console update done badly, to add to that it is not out till some time next year... Just all adding up to be really odd choices by Nintendo.
    If they came out and did and stated it as an updated console just as MS and Sony have for their machines and said it does HD graphics, up-scaled existing games, had a new box and a bit more grunt to it, along with a bit of a suprise of a new controller to go with and it was out for the end of the year - People would be happy.
    I am just finding some of the choices, timing and direction to be just off.
    Nintendo seem to have got several wires crossed when they did this, some of the choices indicate  a re-vamp of the wii, others seem to be heading to a new console and others seem to be really out of left field.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

No, Wii You.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

Link?

Or really, anything that can make this sound like not yet more rumor mongering regarding vague information that we already know?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Someone said only ONE controller at a time would work. Also the system is only 50% stronger then the 360/PS3 so there is no AMAZING just in graphics. 

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By galiant

It's "Wii U".

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

People really need to start reading their thread titles before they hit 'Post'. They always seem to be either poorly spelled or grammatically confusing.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By emergency

Wii you be more careful?

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Can we get a link to the story?

If this is true, I'm right back to not caring about Nintendo again.

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By solarisdeschain

Odd how nobody else is reporting this.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn
    thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By thenexus
    @BjornTheUnicorn said:

@thenexus said:

- Online does not seem to be changing much at all

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-wii-u-scraps-friend-codes-for-username-friends-list-203359.phtml

True and that is a good thing but they already said not to much else will change infrastructure wise. This may change based on feedback at any time but does not look like much at all.

@PrivateIronTFU said:

People really need to start reading their thread titles before they hit 'Post'. They always seem to be either poorly spelled or grammatically confusing.

I apologise, was late when I posted, the "You" was a pun and intended. One controller, only you, wii u, wii you...

Sources folks? No one else has reported it?
    http://www.google.com/search?q=wii+you+only+one+new+controller&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

LOTS of people have
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

It's still not confirmed, I think by now some are reporting it as such, but Nintendo themselves aren't even sure of what they're doing just yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.