Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Think Wii U Virtual Console will be a thing?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS

Guys I have to say booting into Wii mode and using the uncomfortable to hold Classic Controller when I have an ergonomic & semimobile Gamepad feels pretty shitty and I can't imagine for a second It'll stay that way. To my mind, in the long run, that'd only happen if they wanted to abandon the idea of VC entirely. The topic's title is therefore a rhetorical question because, if you ask me, they will most definately do it. They can't not. The only question is when. December? 2013? After next E3? What do you guys reckon?

Edit: Allow me to answer the question posed in the title, turns out Nintendo said when they were rolling out this Wii mode shit that they have plans but nothing to announce. Well then that's a start though, then, plans probably come long after things that weren't quite ready for launch like TVii which launch sometime in December. I'm going to guess sometime in January or February at the soonest. How big was the gap between 3DS and the marketplace going up? Something like that would be reasonable I'd guess. I suppose we shouldn't begrudge them for not rushing their VC out the door, maybe that's what they did last time causing a number of games that never controlled well because they were too literal when translating control schemes. Maybe they're trying to avoid it, maybe they just put it off until later. Looking forward to finding out which it is, when that happens it'll really make me happy with my Wii U, especially if they start releasing Gamecube games. I put my Gamecube back out in the meantime! I need to be able to play Thousand Year Door at all times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.