Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Wii U, 'ultimate' experience for modern military shooters?

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By chickdigger802

was watching a friend play BLOPS sp and realized something. Wii U just might be the 'ultimate' experience for these modern day shooters o_O.

For someone that doesn't know much about actual military stuff, that controller could make sense for a controller for a predator drone. You probably will use it for those 'scripted' missile launchers sequences against tanks. Heck maybe even Commander mode will return exclusively for wiiu battlefield o_O.

Now if only nintendo can get their online thing together...

But at the very least, be prepared for some 'entertaining' wiiu trailers starring dude bros by next year.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DystopiaX

The only thing I thought of was commander mode, but unless the Wii U really catches on I doubt Dice will bother to spend the time to create something as major and exclusive (and something mostly PC gamers want) for the console.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @chickdigger802 said:

was watching a friend play BLOPS sp and realized something. Wii U just might be the 'ultimate' experience for these modern day shooters o_O.

For someone that doesn't know much about actual military stuff, that controller could make sense for a controller for a predator drone. You probably will use it for those 'scripted' missile launchers sequences against tanks. Heck maybe even Commander mode will return exclusively for wiiu battlefield o_O.

But at the very least, be prepared for some 'entertaining' wiiu trailers starring dude bros by next year.

I highly doubt they are gonna go out of their way and return a feature to the game. Or go out of their way for the controller. 
    chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chickdigger802

@The_Laughing_Man: haha probably not. but I can see some exclusive sp 'minigame' or something. You can't deny a satellite cam with touch screen controls just sounds badass. Can go all csi on you!

That ghetto heartbeat monitor thing from mw2 on the new controller with the sounds coming out of the controller speaker...

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hector

@chickdigger802 said:

I don't know if you've see this video, but this is probably about what you're talking about. I think it would work pretty well!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hector said:

@chickdigger802 said:

I don't know if you've see this video, but this is probably about what you're talking about. I think it would work pretty well!

Course its never used like this...ever.. 
    chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chickdigger802

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Hector said:

@chickdigger802 said:

Yeah, if it's a similar screen to ds, it's probably not too finger friendly, but heck if I need to whip out the stylus, I'd do it. I mastered stylus/buttons switching from Chinatown Wars lol.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @chickdigger802 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Hector said:

@chickdigger802 said:

Yeah, if it's a similar screen to ds, it's probably not too finger friendly, but heck if I need to whip out the stylus, I'd do it. I mastered stylus/buttons switching from Chinatown Wars lol.

No I mean people working toghter and acting like that. Also the pictures are very very vague. The touch movement did not match the screen movement (The UAV example) It was all pre re corded. 
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By DonPixel

@chickdigger802: Personaly I think PC and Xbox are the Ultimate experience for Competitive FPS - Dual screen Gimmicky comes more as an annoyance than an actual ¨Feature¨

I take Comunity, Visuals, Comunication and Superior Control over Having to deal with an Ipad control to deploy missiles or pick weapons.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I'm still looking for a good RTS game on consoles. I think it's an untapped market on home consoles. This Wii U new controller could be the thing.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chickdigger802

@DonPixel: True, I was more talking about the SP campaign lol.

I got a pc for mp. Console is for SP stuff usually. M+K is great for MP, but controller is my SP shooter tool of choice. Most shooters are designed for console, so AI don't usually move around much.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel

@chickdigger802: I see sorry... Perhaps I´m to old for Wii U seems more like a Fisher Price thing to me.

But anyway I see some potential not just for FPS.. It could work wonders for a RPG or even achieving once an for all a competent RTS in a console.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Contro

@chickdigger802 said:

You may be right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.