Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

A question I've been waiting 6 years to ask.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

A month or so before the launch of the Wii, I was reading a magazine hyping up far off releases for the system, and one first party title in particular stood out and really made me both confused and slightly excited, so throughout the wiis lifetime, I have been waiting for this game, and didn't want to ask about it until the wiis allotment of games finally were announced and done. Getting to the point, I have waited 6 years to ask, whatever happened to "Mario rodeo games'?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seedofpower

Probably got cancelled. Japan trying to create a game about an American sport, where most of the people who buy their games are Japanese.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By egg

I have never heard of this game. But I immediately thought of the new Mario Olympics game since it has horseback riding.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

A quick skim of Google shows almost no record of this game's existence. The only thread I could find was mostly filled with cretins, but one person seemed to think that the Mario Rodeo game you're thinking of was only ever mentioned in the joke section of Game Informer. Perhaps you were too young at the time to realize they weren't serious.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1077445-super-mario-rodeo/

Rodeo is just way too obscure. I mean, Mario Golf and Mario Strikers barely get releases a couple times a decade, and the sports they're based on are WAY more popular.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

Mario meet bull, bull, meet Mario?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@BisonHero said:

One person seemed to think that the Mario Rodeo game you're thinking of was only ever mentioned in the joke section of Game Informer. Perhaps you were too young at the time to realize they weren't serious.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1077445-super-mario-rodeo/

I'm guessing this is where the truth lies. I remember following all of the early Wii coverage very closely and don't remember any game like this, it sounds like the kind of thing Game Informer would absolutely put in their April "Game Infarcer" edition though. Even today that thing's still catching people out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.