Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Bomberman Blasts on Wii Ware

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nintendo have updated the Shop Channel selection with three brand new Wiiware titles, including a new puzzle title, and a certain little bomber :D

Bomberman Blast from Hudson allows Wii owners to take on up to 8 others online and off, and offers unique Wii Remote Controls, Mii support and Online Rankings. All yours for only 1000 Wii points.

In Midnight Pool, players can pay through a full story mode that'll take them to the USA and beyond. In tow are special challenges and a two player mode for the sport. 800 Wii points are all you need for this one.

Lastly, Plattchen - Twist 'n' Paint is an innovative action-puzzle that requires quick reactions and brainpower. The game offers Wii Zapper support, and is yours for 1500 Wii points.

I downloaded Bomberman Blast last night, making it my 59th downloadable Wii game. I had to remove six games before I had enough space :(  *severe woe* I spent a couple of hours hooked on the game, it's pretty darn awesome in MP and well worth downloading. The game displays in 16:9 480p. I have played the Saturn version with ten players in the past but even that version does not compare with this, this game is far more awesome due to it's online ability and new modes.
    I downloaded Bomberman Blast last night, making it my 59th downloadable Wii game. I had to remove six games before I had enough space :(  *severe woe* I spent a couple of hours hooked on the game, it's pretty darn awesome in MP and well worth downloading. The game displays in 16:9 480p. I have played the Saturn version with ten players in the past but even that version does not compare with this, this game is far more awesome due to it's online ability and new modes.

Bomberman Blast

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

How many blocks is it?

Nevermind.

Looks good, hope it comes on monday.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emilio

I hear ya. I think I'm going to delete my Mario Kart Channel, one or two VC games, and my damn 128 block Smash Bros file. I need to invest in a SD card just so I can keep some unimportant save files on that.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

I have 700 points at the moment :(

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Earthbounder

Awesome! I can't wait to get this one I am gonna have so much fun online! I need to finish Mario RPG first though.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mushir

Man this game looks awesome. Definitely the best Wii-Ware game out yet. Gonna have to buy some more points though. Only have 200 atm.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mushir

Buying this game hopefully tomorrow after I buy more WIi Points!

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SSbabel

I've been contemplainting  buying bomberman heard only good things abolut this VC game.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

WiiWare, not VC.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ThomasP

Damn. I missed this. I was browsing the shop channel lastnight and downloaded Super Mario RPG. Put in a couple hours today. I may have gone with this though.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I went on the shop channel and it isn't out yet. Has it not been released in North America yet or what?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mushir

I bought it yesterday and have been playing it a LOT! First WiiWare game Iv bought and Im extremely satisfied with the purchase! Also edited the Bomberman Blast wiki page.

Arkthemaniac said:
    "I went on the shop channel and it isn't out yet. Has it not been released in North America yet or what?"
    No its only out in Europe and Japan at the moment.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Endogene
    Twilight said:
    "I bought it yesterday and have been playing it a LOT! First WiiWare game Iv bought and Im extremely satisfied with the purchase! Also edited the Bomberman Blast wiki page.
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I went on the shop channel and it isn't out yet. Has it not been released in North America yet or what?"
    "
    raaa i was planning of doing that...
    anyway have you figured out how to play with your Mii?
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mushir
    Endogene said:
    "Twilight said:
    "I bought it yesterday and have been playing it a LOT! First WiiWare game Iv bought and Im extremely satisfied with the purchase! Also edited the Bomberman Blast wiki page.
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "
    anyway have you figured out how to play with your Mii?"
    Yea you gotta play on each stage at-least once. Then a message will thank you for trying out all the stages. Then you go to the user info page and then change it to your Mii. BTW you wanna swap friend codes?
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Endogene
    Twilight said:
    "Endogene said:
    "Twilight said:
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "
    anyway have you figured out how to play with your Mii?"
    Yea you gotta play on each stage at-least once. Then a message will thank you for trying out all the stages. Then you go to the user info page and then change it to your Mii. BTW you wanna swap friend codes?"
    Ok thanks for pointing that out. I hardly touch my wii to be honest (dammit that came out bad)
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brukaoru
    ThomasP said:
    "Damn. I missed this. I was browsing the shop channel lastnight and downloaded Super Mario RPG. Put in a couple hours today. I may have gone with this though."
    So you did get it? Awesome. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, Super Mario RPG is fantastic.

w00t Bomberman, looks like fun, will pick it up sometime.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Twilight said:
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "
    FARKIN SCHIZZLE!!!!!!!
    MWOLT!!!! I was soo freakin ready to play some goddamn Bomberman!!!!
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Earthbounder

Is it out in the US???

I bought some points and I cleared some space on my Wii yesterday hoping that it would come out today! C'mon Nintendo don't let me down!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Rowr
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Earthbounder

No. =(

We got Strong Bad Episode 2 and Potpourrii.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Earthbounder

I am starting to think we will only get it by the end of the month. I think Mega Man 9 will the only WiiWare release next Monday. I guess I will use my points anyway. But I still want Bomberman Blast!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Emilio

Well the US Hudson site put up a Bomberman Blast article, so hopefully it'll come out on Monday.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Earthbounder

I hope so Emilio!

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Dark_Link142

It's not coming out this Monday. Mega Man 9 is.

But it should come out very soon so I'm probably expecting next Monday.

Or maybe both this week! That would be great.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Emilio

Screw Mega Man 9. What has he done for me lately? NOTHING! I don't see no rings on these fingers. You don't own me!

Anyhoo, both games next week would be amazing. How are you guys getting the date for MM9?

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark_Link142

I'm quite excited for this. I have 2000 points waiting for this and Mega Man 9. Come on, Bomberman. Come out soon in North America!

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mushir

Bomberman Blast released in the US TODAY! Everyone buy so we all can have 8 player online matches :D

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Earthbounder

Yeah, it is out today! Can't wait till I get home and download it!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Twilight said:
    "Bomberman Blast released in the US TODAY! Everyone buy so we all can have 8 player online matches :D"
    FINALLY1!!1\1!!!!11!!ONEONE!!!!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r

And Megaman 9 in Europe (actually, don't know when ti was out, I got it today!) :D
    Now we're even :D

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Emilio

Man, the game is pretty dope, and the way the menus flow and everything moves is so great. I'm really glad Hudson worked on this and not Backbone or whoever did Bomberman Live. This one just feels so right and controls so well.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Earthbounder

Emilio, Have you played Bomberman Live?? How Bomberman Blast compares to it?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Emilio
    Earthbounder said:
    "Emilio, Have you played Bomberman Live?? How Bomberman Blast compares to it?"
    Yeah, I own BL. Man, Blast is just superior to Live. The controls are better, the art design looks really great, the sound is great too.
    The online is pretty fantastic. Its kinda like Mario Kart Wii where you have a set number of points and they'll increase if you do better or decrease if you do poorly. There's no online rooms like in Live, so you just connect, choose your game mode, then choose your level and I guess the game chooses the a random level and game mode from the selections players made.

I don't think there's teams online, but its okay. If you join a game in progress, you have to wait it out like in Mario Kart, except instead of watching them play, you get to play a little bomb dodge mini game.

I havn't played any single player, only multiplayer.
    Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dark_Link142

I downloaded it. It's awesome!

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Psynapse

Bomberman was my favorite Nintendo game of all time, apart from Super Mario Brothers... So its NOT my favorite Nintendo game of all time i guess...

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Earthbounder
    Emilio said:
    "Earthbounder said:
    Yeah, I own BL. Man, Blast is just superior to Live. The controls are better, the art design looks really great, the sound is great too.
    The online is pretty fantastic. Its kinda like Mario Kart Wii where you have a set number of points and they'll increase if you do better or decrease if you do poorly. There's no online rooms like in Live, so you just connect, choose your game mode, then choose your level and I guess the game chooses the a random level and game mode from the selections players made.

I don't think there's teams online, but its okay. If you join a game in progress, you have to wait it out like in Mario Kart, except instead of watching them play, you get to play a little bomb dodge mini game.

I havn't played any single player, only multiplayer."
    Nice. I was curious to know that because I didn't read any reviews where they compared both.

I have been playing Blast a lot since I got it on Monday. I keep saying to myself that "this will be my last match of the day" but I always end up playing many more!
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Emilio
    Earthbounder said:
    "Emilio said:
    "Earthbounder said:

I havn't played any single player, only multiplayer."
    Nice. I was curious to know that because I didn't read any reviews where they compared both.

I have been playing Blast a lot since I got it on Monday. I keep saying to myself that "this will be my last match of the day" but I always end up playing many more!"
    Same. When I first got it I went off to try the online just for a bit to see how it plays and I ended up spending 40 minutes on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.