Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Do Wii owners own other systems?

• 63 results
    JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

Hey guys, I was listening to a podcast the other day (forgot which one) and one of the speakers mentioned that PS3 owners eventually get a 360 and vice-versa, but Wii owners just own a Wii--which may explain why Wii message board posters are so passionate about some crappier games that come out for the system.  I don't want to offend anyone, but I started going multi-platform the day FFVII came out for the PS1 (was a total Nintendo fanboy until then, and I really felt dirty getting the PS1).  What do you think?  Do Wii owners just own the Wii?  

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Some do, some don't. I'm guessing most Wii owners only own Wiis, since the majority of them are casuals.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis

I have a Wii and PS3, but it's more as my family's blu-ray player than a game system (so, I play my Wii more than PS3).

I would own a 360, but the Red Ring of Death keeps pushing me back (I want a console that ISN'T prone to hardware failure)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

I'd say the majority of Wii owners own another gaming platform but more people own only a Wii than people who have only a 360, PS3, or gaming PC (singularly).

edit : trying to make the above sentence clear to read

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

I own a Wii, a PSP and a PC. I'm sure many people who will respond are in a similar situation. I'm also sure many PS3 and 360 owners would disagree about their need to purchase the 360 and PS3 respectively. Anyway, the Wii is my first Nintendo system after the first Game Boy. I have certainly experienced the "holy grail" that is HD gaming, most likely in better visual quality than many PS360 users, and that simply doesn't stop me from appreciating what the Wii has to offer. Why? Because, contrary to popular belief, shovelware isn't it. Shovelware is merely a market reality existing since the dawn of gaming and isn't restricted to a particular system, though it tends to be more prominent on the most popular (think Game Boy, PlayStation prior to 3, etc). For your last point, fans of less critically acclaimed or less popular titles tend to defend them regardless of system, not just on the Wii.

People tend to merely be speaking out of the wrong end, projecting their own skewed and biased perception as an actual industry reality, so when they present statistical facts out of nowhere, while they're clearly unqualified to do so, (and especially when they use it to reinforce another biased opinion's credibility), much like your anonymus podcasters did, simply don't believe them.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Dalai

Wii-only guy here, but I'll be expanding my horizons this year with a new PC.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

I own a Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, DS, and a PSP.  Of those, my Wii, PS2, and DS collections are the largest, with my PS3 collection coming in fourth.

There are a lot of great games across all of the hardware I just listed.  It doesn't really concern me whether a game is for the WIi or not because even though the Wii has what is widely regarded as an inferior version of Dead Rising, it still has plenty of excellent games of its own that the other consoles don't.  The same can be said for the other consoles.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

I own all the major systems right now.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By teptom

I have a Wii and 360.  I'll have a PS3 by the end of the year.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I own both a Wii and a 360. I hope to get a PS3 later on this year.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan

I have a 360 and Wii for my current gen consoles (although I have a bunch of older consoles). Do DSes count?

I hope to get a PS3 by the end of the year, however.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Like this one. I bought a PC in '05 and have upgraded it to play just a little bit better than an Xbox 360. Oblivion, Half-Life Series, BioShock, Mass Effect and some PC exclusives "RTSs anyone" all played on my beloved PC. Nice trade off, I must say.

I got a Wii the day it came out, still love it and play it everyday. My Xbox 360 came in July of '08 and no regrets. That's it.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I have a Wii, 360, PSP, and a DS. I would have a PS3 but we are ina little bit of a recession so no luck.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Black_Rose

I had a 360 that died exactly a year ago next week. So I've been using the Wii exclusively since then, and to be honest, I don't feel the need to purchase another console until at least next gen.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Meowayne

I am one of the guys on this board that "defend crappy games". I own a Wii, a X360, a DS and a PS2.

And the Wiis 2009 gets awesomer every day.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Optiow

What a stupid question.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PureRok

I own a Wii... and a Xbox 360... and a PS2... Xbox... SNES... Genesis... NES... PC... GBC... Gamecube... PSP... Humm... I believe I have a Gamegear too... Oh, and a DS...  Edit: I forgot I own a Dreamcast too.

Did I mention I have a Wii?

(I understand I used a lot of ellipses, but I was thinking and I figured I'd illustrate that with the pause that is implied with ellipses.)

Magnus_Bulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Magnus_Bulla

I don't know about the majority, but I have both a PS3 and 360 in addition to my Wii. I don't know what I'd do if I was a Wii only owner

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

For current gen stuff, I play the Wii, 360, and PC.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By JJWeatherman
    JCGamer said:
    "Hey guys, I was listening to a podcast the other day (forgot which one) and one of the speakers mentioned that PS3 owners eventually get a 360 and vice-versa, but Wii owners just own a Wii--which may explain why Wii message board posters are so passionate about some crappier games that come out for the system.  I don't want to offend anyone, but I started going multi-platform the day FFVII came out for the PS1 (was a total Nintendo fanboy until then, and I really felt dirty getting the PS1).  What do you think?  Do Wii owners just own the Wii?  "
    I have a 360 and a Wii. PS3 hasn't lured me in yet.
    BAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BAM

I own a Wii, a 360, and a DS.

I can't imagine why any hardcore gamer would want to own only a Wii.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

I'm a PC, Xbox 360, and Wii gamer.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks
    JCGamer said:
    "Hey guys, I was listening to a podcast the other day (forgot which one) and one of the speakers mentioned that PS3 owners eventually get a 360 and vice-versa, but Wii owners just own a Wii--which may explain why Wii message board posters are so passionate about some crappier games that come out for the system.  I don't want to offend anyone, but I started going multi-platform the day FFVII came out for the PS1 (was a total Nintendo fanboy until then, and I really felt dirty getting the PS1).  What do you think?  Do Wii owners just own the Wii?  "

I am the prime poster on the Wii boards, and I own all the consoles (including all the retro consoles and handhelds), as well as a top spec gaming pc, that costs around 3,000 pounds at my last estimate. 

I'm neither passionate about crap games, as you put it, nor am I a "Nintendo fanboy", a term which hints at blindness to great games elsewhere.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mushir

I have a Wii and a PSP (which I haven't touched in months). I will be getting a PS3 pretty soon.

500th post. Haha.
    destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By destruktive

I guess there is to kind of Wii owners.
    Does who had something else and just want a Wii for games like super mario, zelda etc (like me). And then there is people that are hardcore Wii fanboys\girls that wouldn't even concider other consoles for various reasons.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By c1337us

I own all the of the current gen console for Nintendo. Microsoft and Sony. I got the Wii last, and I only got it because I was given a gift certificate from my boss at work before last christmas.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I have a 360 and a Wii, but I never play the Wii.  One sweet day I'll get the PS3, but right now I can't afford to fork out that much money.  I just spent too much the other day as it stands now.

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By changgo

PS3, PSP, and Wii; I enjoy them all.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By super_machine

I own a PS3. I moved on once I bought my PS3. Dont get me wrong, the wii was a fun system for the first year, but I just wanted more.

ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By ishotmrburns

I'd rather kill myself than only own a Wii.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I've got a Wii60 combo, however I don't use my wii much. I'm trying to get a PS3 but I don't think it'll happen any time soon. =(

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kr3lian

Wii, DS, and PS3, here.  I love all three, but the DS has the best games (out of any current-gen system, actually).  I play my Wii least of the three, but that is only because the last year has been a desert.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Dark_Link142

I have a 360, but it barely gets any use.

I should finish Assassin's Creed...
    Not to mention Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata.

But I just find Wii games so much more fresh and fun.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BiG_Weasel

In a nutshell- Casual Gamers: No. This is all they need/want.

Core Gamers: Yes. The lackluster library of games that appeal to these people would cause them to look elsewhere.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Karmum

Well, I own both a Wii and an Xbox 360. Answering that question: yes.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36  Edited By RHCPfan24

I own a 360, PS3 and Wii. I play all of them, but my 360 gets the most love.

Avatar image for deactivated-596b8044e5f9a
    deactivated-596b8044e5f9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Wii and PC, but these days I've found myself playing more of the latter - in no small part due to the excellent Steam service courtesy of Valve.

I got a Wii as soon as I could after launch, and whilst the first year or so of games was overall pretty good, I kind of got disillusioned a bit at the lack of quality 3rd party titles - especially when compared to the 360. I don't regret buying one, and I had a lot of fun with Mario Kart, Wario Ware, Godfather, Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, etc, but I haven't seen much that piques my interest on the horizon except maybe Sin & Punishment 2. I'd love to see a direct sequel to Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars and a new F-Zero, and of course some innovative new titles, but I really feel let down by the developers for using the Wii to make a fast buck rather than to utilise its gargantuan user base and release more great games. Fingers crossed we'll see less of that later in the console's lifespan.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BiggerBomb

My Wii is merely a tertiary console; the Xbox 360 is my true gaming machine.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The majority of "hardcore" wii owners will probably own another console (like I do), but the largest proportion of wii owners fit into the "casual" category, and they probably only own a wii.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Marzy

Out of the current generation of consoles, I only own a Wii. I don't play games as much as I used to, so I'm not too bothered about owning three systems. There's enough on the Wii to keep me entertained.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Famov

I'm not sure I'll ever buy into this 'hardcore' versus 'casual' buisness, but I am a Nintendo partisan and I typically purchase Nintendo consoles when they are released. This is because the systems have the games I am looking to play.

I have a PC, though not really for gaming purposes. I would own a PS3 and/or an Xbox 360 if I felt that they would be worth my money. As it stands now, they are not.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By mordecaix7

I own a Wii, DS, Xbox 360, PS2, and a PC.  The PC doesn't get used much for gaming but is used often as my career is in web development.  The least used of my systems is my PS2.  I just don't play it for whatever reason.  I've got a library of PS2 games that I've never played before but I just can't pull myself from my Wii60DS combo.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ThomasP

Wii DS PC

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#44  Edited By joey

I have just a wii, but i really want something else.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'd be miserable and bored if the Wii was the only console I owned. Though, now that my 2nd 360 just broke... it's all I have for now. :(

I'm thinking about going back to my PS2 and finishing up a couple games I never got around to completing last gen. Maybe I'll also plug my Wii back in... it's been over 8 months since I've played it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I owned a Wii solely for 2007, got an Xbox for christmas that year.

Still play my Wii more, though.
    KRUZ8ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KRUZ8ER

I own a PS3, 360 and a Wii. I mainly own the Wii because my wife and her friends like to play it and I like to watch them play it ;)

Admittedly tho, I do enjoy Boom Blox and I liked Mario Galaxy as well.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#48  Edited By Hailinel
    ishotmrburns said:
    "I'd rather kill myself than only own a Wii."
    To kill yourself over something so trivial is just a tad extreme, don't you think?
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    Hailinel said:
    "ishotmrburns said:
    "I'd rather kill myself than only own a Wii."
    To kill yourself over something so trivial is just a tad extreme, don't you think?"
    Apparently you've never had to feel the shame of owning a Wii.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I got a WIi a DS and a 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.